• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Which will never happen.

Anymore than the richest in the game Aka manager and players Not making mistakes.

Fact is money in the game isn’t widely affected by official mistakes, how many huge mistakes by refs in history can you list where it’s made such a Glaring difference to a team financially?

I would say average players being paid upwards of 60k throughout the game is a larger financial mistake than refs in games where what was it? They were averaging 95%+ of all decisions correctly?

Like I have always said, if owners and manager accepted like with themselves mistakes happen and are not prejudiced or intentional anymore than appointing the wrong manager or picking the wrong player then the game would be in a better state.

Undermining the lowest paid in the game who accurately do a better job than players for me has always been a criminal part of the sport.

What Var in some capacity has shown is that even with video decision can be debated beyond fact which supports how good a job refs were doing in real-time anyway.

For me a strong governing body to push a respect campaign further to pit managers in their box would have done the trick for me

As someone famously wrote in one of the best articles about VAR. Football has never been a search for the absolute truth

Call me a cynic but most decisions are subject to interpretation. You can always find something to back up your original mistake.

So, the only thing that will change is that it will take even longer for the officials to confirm their original wrong decision.
You are wrong about that. As a ref, I want to make the right decision, and if I had a chance to correct a wrong decision, I would. Just take a look at CL and the world cup. They overturn their own decisions quite often. A lot more than the office refs in the PL have done.
The fifa model is how it should be done! The on pitch ref should make the decisions! He has the feel of the game, and his own view and experience of an incident, in addition to the cameras, so he gets more information to make a decision. The VAR office boys only have the cameras.

So they will still rule goals out for a toe nail, just that they will not show the fans how stupid the decision is. :mad:

If it's a toenail, foot, 10 yards it doesn't matter, it's offside. That's the rule, not VAR

If they could prove to us those toenail decisions are 100% accurate I'd swallow the decisions begrudgingly but I'm not convinced at all.

if it's a toenail, then it's level. Not offside.
If a toenail is closer to the goal then any other part of the last defender's body then it's not level, it's offside. That's the law.

If they could prove to us those toenail decisions are 400% accurate I'd swallow the decisions begrudgingly but I'm not convinced at all.
It'll never be 100% accurate, but it's a lot more accurate than it was previously. There has to be some cut-off point for where it's called offside. Wherever that cut-off point is there will still be crying when there is a close offside.

If a toenail is closer to the goal then any other part of the last defender's body then it's not level, it's offside. That's the law.

It'll never be 400% accurate, but it's a lot more accurate than it was previously. There has to be some cut-off point for where it's called offside. Wherever that cut-off point is there will still be crying when there is a close offside.

Fair enough but it should be a clear and obvious mistake. Lots of lines and a couple of minutes trying to work it out is destroying the game.

I don't even cheer if we score after a close call, what's the point? The linesman has kept his flag down but some jobs worth is checking if Kanes shorts stick out more than the last defenders. Everyone is sitting there wondering if there is a problem on pretty much each and every goal.

VAR shoud be for Maradona scenarios or Henry against Ireland. Clear and obvious errors not going through every goal with a fine tooth comb.

I've had my season ticket for over 30 years and I've renewed for next season but I'm gonna quit if it doesn't get sorted properly soon. This is an entertainment business at the end of the day that costs a lot of money to watch but VAR is just sapping the fun out of it for me.

I don't even cheer if we score after a close call, what's the point? The linesman has kept his flag down but some jobs worth is checking if Kanes shorts stick out more than the last defenders. Everyone is sitting there wondering if there is a problem on pretty much each and every goal.

VAR shoud be for Maradona scenarios or Henry against Ireland. Clear and obvious errors not going through every goal with a fine tooth comb.

I've had my season ticket for over 30 years and I've renewed for next season but I'm gonna quit if it doesn't get sorted properly soon. This is an entertainment business at the end of the day that costs a lot of money to watch but VAR is just sapping the fun out of it for me.

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well, it killing the game for a lot of those who go to games
and have to stand around waiting for some knob head to decide that a players toe nail is offside.

Back