• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players who should never have left.

Wasn't it supposedly the case that he was always going to go to Rangers from us? Dundee (Utd?) wouldn't sell him to Rangers, so he came to us for a season, and we then sold him to Rangers. Not sure if that was only a myth or if it was always planned to work that way.
Great player though, agreed.

This.

Wasn't it supposedly the case that he was always going to go to Rangers from us? Dundee (Utd?) wouldn't sell him to Rangers, so he came to us for a season, and we then sold him to Rangers. Not sure if that was only a myth or if it was always planned to work that way.
Great player though, agreed.

Jim McLean, then manager and eventual chairman, refused to sell gough to rangers to strengthen them.
The same.jim McLean that was accused of forcing youngsters to sign contracts that were tantamount to slavery (not my words BTW), a very despicable man.

Maybe if we'd have had the current facilities and Sandro had stuck around he could have worked his way back in to form? Should never have left is maybe a bit strong but could have stayed a little longer perhaps?

I remember a game against QPR when Sandro stupidly tried this Ibra kung fu capoeira stretch and his knee exploded. I'm not sure that was fixable.

Mousa Dembele should have left at the end of the season (CL final) as opposed to January window. Ridiculous decision by Levy.

hi-res-0f7e5525c90b26a790539a7c39619d93_crop_north.jpg

His missus made him leave if I remember correctly. Couldn't settle in the bright lights of London, lol.

His wife was older then he was and she wanted to go back north, was obvious who wore the trousers in that marriage. If i remember from that time Barmby parents were against his marriage to a older woman and cut all ties with him,

Kanoute stands out for two things. Velcro chest for some amazing takedowns and that fffing stupid handball in the penalty area which gave liverpool the way to win the League Cup match. Incomprehensible thing to do, just bizarre.

Didn't he go on to miss a penalty in the shoot out too, just to really take the tinkle...?

Think a lot of it with him was maybe down to management/motivation. On his day he was on a quality level I've only rarely seen.

Back