• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely a very small percentage of home tickets should be put in a membership ballot for long term members or points based,anyone over 160/170 perhaps.

Depends on the capacity we are allowed to run at.

From what I've heard from the West Ham fan at work their ST holders have to pay upfront the cost of their season ticket but each game they get entered in to a lottery to see if they actually have a ticket for the game or not. If they miss out they get refunded for that game and those that do go get put at the bottom of the queue for the next matches lottery. I imagine we'd do something similar, but i don't see how you include members in that

Last edited:
Depends on the capacity we are allowed to run at.

From what I've heard from the West Ham fan at work their ST holders have to pay upfront the cost of their season ticket but each game they get entered in to a lottery to see if they actually have a ticket for the game or not. If they miss out they get refunded for that game and those that do go get put at the bottom of the queue for the next matches lottery. I imagine we'd do something similar, but i don't see how you include members in that
Hmm, if the people I usually sit with haven’t got a ticket I’m not sure my appetite to go to a game will be the same, hopefully they’ll at least do it in pairs.
If they don’t want to use loyalty points I would say it would be more appropriate to divvy up the games say 5 per ST holder then they can make plans for the approximate period the game will be hosted and fans can budget and get their refunds or pay the appropriate amount promptly.
cup games maybe done on points or a pure lottery. Personally I feel cat As should be allocated on a loyalty points basis at a minimum and it trickles down on that basis.

Anyone have any idea what the waiting list length currently is for ST’s? I’ve had mine since 15/16 but I’ve got to think long and hard about renewing this season for a variety of reasons but the main one is money. I can afford it fairly comfortably as things stand today but my job is up in the air (been furloughed since end of March) and id say I’m 50/50 re if my company decide to bring me back. I’d like to think I’ll be fine but you can’t ignore the worst case scenario. If I shell out the best part of a grand and I don’t have a job in 2 months then it’s a luxury I probably could do without.

I’d say I go to 85-90% of games in normal circumstances. When I can’t go then I sell my ticket on to friends, family etc or sell it on ticket exchange. From what I have read from the club, that option is pretty much out the window for the foreseeable future as the club need to know that the person using the seat is the actual person whose name is on the ticket and rightly so!

So I’d like to know essentially how long it would be realistically before I can get another ST if I decide to not renew this season. In my head I know I’m looking about 3-5 years minimum but that’s just an educated guess.

Im also hoping to buy a house this year so another reason why money could be tight.

Surely a very small percentage of home tickets should be put in a membership ballot for long term members or points based,anyone over 160/170 perhaps.

Hope so. Bit harsh on those members who were donkey years but now wont be able to attend any matches. Missing out in recent seasons on away matches was bad enough

Anyone have any idea what the waiting list length currently is for ST’s? I’ve had mine since 15/16 but I’ve got to think long and hard about renewing this season for a variety of reasons but the main one is money. I can afford it fairly comfortably as things stand today but my job is up in the air (been furloughed since end of March) and id say I’m 50/50 re if my company decide to bring me back. I’d like to think I’ll be fine but you can’t ignore the worst case scenario. If I shell out the best part of a grand and I don’t have a job in 2 months then it’s a luxury I probably could do without.

I’d say I go to 85-90% of games in normal circumstances. When I can’t go then I sell my ticket on to friends, family etc or sell it on ticket exchange. From what I have read from the club, that option is pretty much out the window for the foreseeable future as the club need to know that the person using the seat is the actual person whose name is on the ticket and rightly so!

So I’d like to know essentially how long it would be realistically before I can get another ST if I decide to not renew this season. In my head I know I’m looking about 3-5 years minimum but that’s just an educated guess.

Im also hoping to buy a house this year so another reason why money could be tight.

Firstly, sorry to hear about your work situation. Fingers crossed you'll be ok.

To answer your question, I've no idea about the length of the waiting list (both in terms of numbers of people on the list or the % of those on the list who would take one should they be offered one).

As fair as I understand it, all you have to pay right now is the 20% non-refundable deposit to secure your ST for next season. You'll likely have this amount in credit (and some) due to the games we weren't allowed to attend last season. So no expenditure there. Then, when the stadium opens up with reduced capacity, STHs will be asked to enter into a ballot for any games they wish to attend. If you find yourself in a difficult situation financially, you can simply choose not to enter the ballot. Again, no expenditure. This is likely to be the case until the stadium opens up at full capacity which is anyone's guess when this might be but it doesn't look like it's going to be any time soon. Once the stadium does open at full capacity, your commitment to being a STH will be re-activated and presumably you'll have to pay up front for whatever games are remaining on a pro-rata basis. When the stadium has returned to full capacity, I assume normal service is resumed and the ticket exchange will open as normal.

So you could find yourself in a position where your ST costs you nothing this season and you retain it for the 2021/2022 season where hopefully the financial situation of everyone will be a bit more stable.

I see this season coming as effectively a free pass. If you can forgo the 20% deposit, you could retain your ST for nothing. The only gamble is when stadiums will open at full capacity. Personally, I think it will be Q1 of 2021 at the earliest before this happens so you may have to shell out for however many home games we have between then and the end of the season next year, when hopefully you'll be in a stable position financially and able to afford it.

To answer your question, I've no idea about the length of the waiting list (both in terms of numbers of people on the list or the % of those on the list who would take one should they be offered one).

As fair as I understand it, all you have to pay right now is the 20% non-refundable deposit to secure your ST for next season. You'll likely have this amount in credit (and some) due to the games we weren't allowed to attend last season. So no expenditure there. Then, when the stadium opens up with reduced capacity, STHs will be asked to enter into a ballot for any games they wish to attend. If you find yourself in a difficult situation financially, you can simply choose not to enter the ballot. Again, no expenditure. This is likely to be the case until the stadium opens up at full capacity which is anyone's guess when this might be but it doesn't look like it's going to be any time soon. Once the stadium does open at full capacity, your commitment to being a STH will be re-activated and presumably you'll have to pay up front for whatever games are remaining on a pro-rata basis. When the stadium has returned to full capacity, I assume normal service is resumed and the ticket exchange will open as normal.

So you could find yourself in a position where your ST costs you nothing this season and you retain it for the 2021/2022 season where hopefully the financial situation of everyone will be a bit more stable.

I see this season coming as effectively a free pass. If you can forgo the 20% deposit, you could retain your ST for nothing. The only gamble is when stadiums will open at full capacity. Personally, I think it will be Q1 of 2021 at the earliest before this happens so you may have to shell out for however many home games we have between then and the end of the season next year, when hopefully you'll be in a stable position financially and able to afford it.

I was in the middle of typing something similar.
It's all really down to if you can afford the 20% now (if the refunded cash has already been taken), and then gambling on when full crowds will be allowed back, to assess how much pro-rata of the full ST price will be payable. My guess is end of Q1 earliest, but it is a guess, so it should be a fairly cheap season.

Thanks for the detailed response!

The email from the club regarding the payment structure is rather vague, in their defence I guess they are as much in the dark as everyone else re when fans can come back safely at 100% capacity.

Maybe this is just me being cynical, but I was half expecting the club to announce they want the rest of the money (the outstanding 80% of the balance) by say September. Even though no one knows when everybody can come back to games. So in your opinion you don’t think they will ask for the remaining 80% anytime soon? This would be sensible but then again, they didn’t give back the money from last season’s missed games until July, only to email ST’s a week later to request 20% for next season. So essentially the money was sitting in the club’s accounts accruing interest.

I could live with paying 20% now and not having to pay anything again until Q1 next year.

The email from the club regarding the payment structure is rather vague, in their defence I guess they are as much in the dark as everyone else re when fans can come back safely at 400% capacity.

Maybe this is just me being cynical, but I was half expecting the club to announce they want the rest of the money (the outstanding 80% of the balance) by say September. Even though no one knows when everybody can come back to games. So in your opinion you don’t think they will ask for the remaining 80% anytime soon? This would be sensible but then again, they didn’t give back the money from last season’s missed games until July, only to email ST’s a week later to request 20% for next season. So essentially the money was sitting in the club’s accounts accruing interest.

I could live with paying 20% now and not having to pay anything again until Q1 next year.
I don’t think we will have paying fans full capacity until next year
I’m on calls every other day still with government folk on Covid and nothing is changing
I’ll add that’s just my opinion though
The finance option is ok though and I know a few lads that do it that way

The email from the club regarding the payment structure is rather vague, in their defence I guess they are as much in the dark as everyone else re when fans can come back safely at 400% capacity.

The Premier League has a board meeting this week now that all the clubs for next season are known. Pretty sure getting people back into stadiums will be on the agenda.

This is from the FAQ on Ask Spurs :

When will I be required to pay the outstanding balance?
You will be invited to pay your remaining balance by a date to be confirmed in due course, when there is greater clarity on the ability to stage full capacity matches. The remaining balance will be based on the number of matches taking place at full capacity, minus the initial payment already made.

So until they know when games at full capacity will be permitted, they can't set a date for payment of any balance. That's my reading of it anyway.

https://ask.tottenhamhotspur.com/hc...ls-2020-21-FAQs-#h_01ECWSV94YTAQP3CCFXF4MT7YB

This is from the FAQ on Ask Spurs :

When will I be required to pay the outstanding balance?
You will be invited to pay your remaining balance by a date to be confirmed in due course, when there is greater clarity on the ability to stage full capacity matches. The remaining balance will be based on the number of matches taking place at full capacity, minus the initial payment already made.

So until they know when games at full capacity will be permitted, they can't set a date for payment of any balance. That's my reading of it anyway.

https://ask.tottenhamhotspur.com/hc...ls-2020-21-FAQs-#h_01ECWSV94YTAQP3CCFXF4MT7YB

It’s the part that says “at a date to be confirmed in due course” which worries me. The logical conclusion to be drawn is that fans won’t have to shell anything additional until next year. But it’s anyone’s guess. So you won’t be penalised for declining to added into the ballot for a reduced capacity game?

It’s the part that says “at a date to be confirmed in due course” which worries me. The logical conclusion to be drawn is that fans won’t have to shell anything additional until next year. But it’s anyone’s guess. So you won’t be penalised for declining to added into the ballot for a reduced capacity game?

Well, the FAQs state that there will be "no obligation to enter any ballot".
So I would take that as meaning no penalty either. All interpretation of course but a penalty would normally be linked to breaching an obligation or rule, so I think it's a reasonable interpretation.

Which stand is your ST in Jürgen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back