• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

To be honest, I wasn't giving a lot of thought to sensitivities and just pointing out facts.
You've been spot on throughout.
I don't actually think Dawson has been racist personally. Black people in the US recently outlined how they have 'that talk' with their kids about how to act if a policeman pulls them over. They are not being racist for adjusting their behaviour to reality.

Anyhooo....I think Don Levy will extract 7 million for Rose. And he's probably worth it. At that price, if we can't sign anyone better, I would be tempted to keep him.
Adjusting to reality doesn't make one a racist.

To me there's a difference between that and saying that people have to adjust in a certain way.

I've seen a fair number of photos of him outside of football and he's always very clearly working class.

May not have been wearing a tracksuit but might have been wearing a baseball cap (reason enough for an arrest itself).

Isn't a tracksuit and/or a baseball cap fairly commonly worn by white footballers too? I have a feeling quite a lot of footballers don't live up to your fashion ideals.

Yet we're not seeing stories about white footballers being stopped frequently. Maybe it's not being reported, to me the more likely explanation is white privelege and (systemic) racism.

HA, calm down. This is what's wrong with the internet. I say something which is far from racist and all of a sudden you're off and running with ridiculous tangents.

Famous people use tinted windows to avoid the public eye. If Rose is sick of the police pulling him over its a justifiable response. Make it impossible for the police to see him. If you want get all KKK or BLM about this can I suggest moving this to another thread. I couldn't give a fcuk if Rose or Ben Davies gets hassled by the police to be honest. If I had a Ferrari I'd expect it too. Rose complains too much about every aspect of being a footballer. I'm tired of hearing about it.
You'd rather have an internet where people don't point out when they see something than can be perceived as racist?

Just move it to another thread, just calm down, let comments that can be seen as racist stand without objection. That's the internet you want?

Isn't a tracksuit and/or a baseball cap fairly commonly worn by white footballers too? I have a feeling quite a lot of footballers don't live up to your fashion ideals.

Yet we're not seeing stories about white footballers being stopped frequently. Maybe it's not being reported, to me the more likely explanation is white privelege and (systemic) racism.
That was my point.

In all my dealing with the police in the UK, they have shown themselves to be overwhelmingly classist.

Wear a suit and listen to Radio 4, you'll probably get a walk. Dress like you have an ASBO (are they still a thing?) and the police will take a dim view of you.

I wonder if Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans want him to stay? During the shutdown they didn't seem too impressed.. 91% Against him staying!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200527-154449_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200527-154449_Chrome.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 11
I wonder if Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans want him to stay? During the shutdown they didn't seem too impressed.. 91% Against him staying!
Seems a small sample size, but probably the extent of people in the North East capable of handling a mobile device without smearing it in brick and throwing it at someone.

So what you are saying is that the police are making assumptions about whether Rose can afford to drive his car based on the colour of his skin. That's systematic racism.

Saying that Rose should have to change his car to prevent this, is also racist.

Sounds like he's saying being black makes you look as shifty as chav in a Burberry cap

That was my point.

In all my dealing with the police in the UK, they have shown themselves to be overwhelmingly classist.

Wear a suit and listen to Radio 4, you'll probably get a walk. Dress like you have an ASBO (are they still a thing?) and the police will take a dim view of you.

Rightly so. It is why I have tried so hard to get rid of my accent.

That was my point.

I'm trying to understand your point, and what would follow if you're right.

If this is primarily about "class" I would expect white footballers that dress similarly to Rose to get stopped at a similar rate, I don't think that's the case, I think we would know about it if it was the case.

So it seems like we're talking about intersectionality. Dressing a particular way gets you stopped at an increased frequency. That frequency depends on the colour of your skin though.

If this is primarily about "class" I would expect white footballers that dress similarly to Rose to get stopped at a similar rate, I don't think that's the case, I think we would know about it if it was the case.

So it seems like we're talking about intersectionality. Dressing a particular way gets you stopped at an increased frequency. That frequency depends on the colour of your skin though.

I'd be prepared to bet that young, white, working class men get pulled over a lot more in a hot hatch than a top of the range sports car.

I'm not aware of any reliable data on the police stopping people by on class, but there is plenty on race and you are many times more likely to be stopped if you are black.

I had a lot of friends at college and uni who had nice cars at a young age (usually family money). Those that looked like they were from money rarely (if ever) got stopped.

There were also a couple that, despite their ancestry, were tracksuit people. At the time we all referred to them as wiggers, but I'm sure the deeply offensive source of that word makes it unacceptable to use. So whatever the equivalent is. They would get pulled and checked for any old excuse, at least a couple of times a week.

You'd rather have an internet where people don't point out when they see something than can be perceived as racist?

Just move it to another thread, just calm down, let comments that can be seen as racist stand without objection. That's the internet you want?

The internet is a lost cause in terms of how i would like it to be. Full of trolls, argumentative self righteous tossers and advertising. If a point like the one i made can be manipulated into a tedious five page argument about perceived racism, I'll pass thanks. There is a lot more to life than arguing with people online.

He’s been replaced by a right footed centre back for us and right footed right back for England!

Hope for everyone’s sake he finds a new club, I think he will struggle mentally if there is no hope of playing a meaningful game.

I assume he will be difficult to sell to anyone and we will end up loaning him out till his contract is up

Back