• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Any evidence the virus is getting weaker, like how can the US be getting 60-70K cases per day yet deaths are not much above the UK peak when we got around 5K per day. They are probably testing more people and some of those I guess are likely asymptomatic or young but the numbers don't see to add up. I remember Spain and Italy were up around 900 deaths per day at their peak. US seems to be around 1,200 at the moment. Similar for Brazil as well which I'm guessing doesn't have the best health care system.

Any evidence the virus is getting weaker, like how can the US be getting 60-70K cases per day yet deaths are not much above the UK peak when we got around 5K per day. They are probably testing more people and some of those I guess are likely asymptomatic or young but the numbers don't see to add up. I remember Spain and Italy were up around 900 deaths per day at their peak. US seems to be around 1,200 at the moment. Similar for Brazil as well which I'm guessing doesn't have the best health care system.

I hope you're onto something there, but don't forget it seems there can be quite a substantial lag in terms of case numbers following through to death numbers - from memory we were still posting high daily death figures deep into May, two months on from lockdown.

I also wonder though how such news might be handled, if it were indeed true? It's clear that a substantial proportion of the population can't behave responsibly faced with a relatively serious threat level, imagine how those types would react to news like this...

I think the theory is many of those likely to have died have done early hence the initial peaks and those vulnerable are now better protected. It is the Sweden theory, the initial spike in deaths won’t be repeated with those at risk also protected. The rest will recover because those of a certain health and age would as they always have from start. Even in our peak how many 0-55 year olds died? Very little

Just looked

The majority of deaths involving COVID-19 have been among people aged 65 years and over (46,020 out of 51,505).

That’s some generalisation there

I think rather than the political explanation you give, more people know the dangers and rather than playing them down are looking at the balance between Covid and losing their jobs and homes.

If the heat was on mine and my families future I would look at the dangers and work out the calculated risks against losing my house and my children’s future.

That’s not playing it down for economic gain, that’s working out the best of two huge evils.

No one is playing down the effects. We know enough in my opinion to protect the most vulnerable if Joe public decide to act sensibly and get people back to work and earn salaries that increase their chances of surviving in the next 5-10 years rather than dive into deep unemployment and frankly have no prospects of getting back to work and earning enough to support their families.

If you see the wrong in people wanting to go back to work safely because they know the cost of the rent, mortgage and bills then that frankly on you not them.

On going health concerns about organ damage are a matter of record. There is no debate about this among the rational. BTW, how is the comment 'political'? It's a statement of fact, young people may not die but there are on going health concerns about people who recover. Are you disputing that? Where is YOUR evidence for that absurd generalization? Oh yes, people are minimizing the risks of Covid19 for economic reasons. Just how naive are you anyway?

You may find it amusing having a risk free job for life - I consider a recession to be something very serious indeed.

Nothing amusing at all about your disposable attitude towards the elderly? These are disgraceful ideas and you should be ashamed. I know you can't be, because you don't have it in you. Note how self is central to everything this guy posts. So long as HE isn't affected. Mores the pity we have has a fair few shills on here supporting that saddo world view.

Nothing amusing at all about your disposable attitude towards the elderly? These are disgraceful ideas and you should be ashamed. I know you can't be, because you don't have it in you. Note how self is central to everything this guy posts. So long as HE isn't affected. Mores the pity we have has a fair few shills on here supporting that saddo world view.
* This post was not read as doing so does not directly benefit me *

* This post was not read as doing so does not directly benefit me *

WTF? I guess that was Scara's lame attempt at sarcasm. :confused::confused: Err, well actually it proves my point because I said that you only post stuff that is central to you. This latest post is central to your egocentric world view, that you have to have the last he word. so, I think I have proved my point. :)

Well having been an advocate or personal responsibility and thinking well beyond the governments diktats I’m now happy to return to my office the week after next. It’s a trial involving 10% of staff split over alternating weeks - so I expect to have a lot of space to myself.

I’m aware though this means less not more private social excursions as I’m still extremely wary of transmitting it myself. It needs to be done and I’d sooner clean sensible people like myself set the tone. I am looking forward to getting dressed properly everyday more than anything.

I’m determined not to catch it and believe that if there is any transmission on the office it will be at a low enough level that my first line of defence immune system can fight off before I become ill/virulent.

Back