• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ISIS and Air Strikes

Yep and we've never seen it through sadly.

It's a never-ending war; you cannot see it through because you cannot wipe out an entire group just like that.

That's why it's big business; it goes round and round and round and round;

- bomb, destroy, test new weapons, (offer to) rebuild, get good construction contracts, offer security and protection services, create local resentment as occupying force amongst new generation, put down protest, if gets to big then....
- bomb, destroy, test new weapons etc etc rinse and repeat, preferably in each generation...

I wonder how many are in this war for virtuous reason and how many are in it for the brutal fighting.

Maybe the un can come up with a demarcated mad max thunder dome war arena for those who just want to fight. The weapons and arms manufacturers can continue supplying to whoever can pay. Obviously the civilians will be first to evacuate by themselves. A whole cottage industry could be developed around this arena, both for participants and spectators.

I wonder how many are in this war for virtuous reason and how many are in it for the brutal fighting.

Maybe the un can come up with a demarcated mad max thunder dome war arena for those who just want to fight. The weapons and arms manufacturers can continue supplying to whoever can pay. Obviously the civilians will be first to evacuate by themselves. A whole cottage industry could be developed around this arena, both for participants and spectators.

Sadly I think we are already there.
The running order and evaluation procedure is just ad hoc.

The majority of our problems are coming from the Middle East and that will never change will it?

No denying that. For the reasons mentioned in previous posts though! To add, the Middle East is a prime location for import/export across continents and thus, those that have control of the area have control of what comes through and what can be financially gained through this. So it's not just about oil. Iran has been invaded by the US on four separate occasions (including introducing a 'democracy' via the Shah regime), and yet they regard Iran as one of the 'axis of evil', even though Iran has never directly attacked a Western nation in modern times.

Remember when we invaded Iraq for the second time, that was apparently to infiltrate their weapons of mass destruction, you know, the ones that were never found. This after both the our government and the American government initially supporting and providing arms to Saddam's regime when he came into power.

I'll try and dig it out when I'm not at work, there are pictures doing the rounds of John Kerry decorating ISIS soldiers with ceremonial US awards, the very same soldiers that are now apparently our enemies. I abhor the fact our troops are being sent into a battle that is firstly not ours to fight, and secondly one which our/their governments have somewhat created.

However Roy, I agree with you on one thing, as Alfred said in Batman, there are just some ***** in the world that want to watch it burn. Usually in the name of some sort of 'higher power' or religion. Not exclusive to Muslims, but they are at the forefront at this point in history.

I'll try and dig it out when I'm not at work, there are pictures doing the rounds of John Kerry decorating ISIS soldiers with ceremonial US awards, the very same soldiers that are now apparently our enemies. I abhor the fact our troops are being sent into a battle that is firstly not ours to fight, and secondly one which our/their governments have somewhat created.

Bit like the pictures of Rumsfeld and Saddam in the 80's. Today's freedom fighters are tomorrow's terrorists.

That once Upon a Time in Iraq really sends it all home about this.

Although it’s highlighted with disgruntled tone I really don’t think enough has ever been done about the way the US and we have bombed the crap out of innocent people under the name of “war”

That once Upon a Time in Iraq really sends it all home about this.

Although it’s highlighted with disgruntled tone I really don’t think enough has ever been done about the way the US and we have bombed the crap out of innocent people under the name of “war”

I will give it a watch.

Back