• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jack Clarke

No idea why he isn't out on loan yet like Skipp and Parrott?
He can't play for us in the Europa this season. Hasn't been registered at the club for 2 years to qualify for the B List. We now have the maximum number of 4 association trained players at the club (Dele, Sessegnon, Hart, Doherty). He is not gonna take up one of the 17 foreign player slots.

He can't play for us in the Europa this season. Hasn't been registered at the club for 2 years to qualify for the B List. We now have the maximum number of 4 association trained players at the club (Dele, Sessegnon, Hart, Doherty). He is not gonna take up one of the 17 foreign player slots.

I’m pretty sure you can have more than 4 association trained players in the squad? I.e. 4 is the minimum, not the maximum?

no one wants him?

didn't get any time at Leeds or QPR

I realise it's in vogue to write him off but I thought his movement was good in the game and quicker, better passing may have let him catch the eye more. White has always impressed me and I believe there is a very good prospect in him but he needs to work on his right foot so that he can open the game up. His passing was too careful at times which is understandable given it's his first exposure in the 1st team, at age level football I've seen him dominate games.

Ehhh... You've completly misunderstood the regulations. There's no maximum number of HG spots.

I realise it's in vogue to write him off but I thought his movement was good in the game and quicker, better passing may have let him catch the eye more. White has always impressed me and I believe there is a very good prospect in him but he needs to work on his right foot so that he can open the game up. His passing was too careful at times which is understandable given it's his first exposure in the 1st team, at age level football I've seen him dominate games.
Agree, were some positives there.

Bit disappointed that when he had the chance to run at players he rarely got the better of the opponents.

Probably needs time and perhaps another loan.

Agree fully on White. Seems to have a better range of passing too compared to quite a few of our academy midfielders in recent years.

Ehhh... You've completly misunderstood the regulations. There's no maximum number of HG spots.

For a start UEFA scraped the term homegrown years because *people* get confused by it.

UEFA use the term "Locally trained". You can have 8 Locally trained in your 25 man squad and 17 non Locally trained.
Locally trained players consist of "Club trained" players and "Association trained" players.

1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21

The also have List B players to promote a clubs own academy players.
"A player may be registered on List B if he is born on, or after, 1 January 1999 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday (players aged 16 may be registered if they have been registered with the club for the previous two years). Clubs are entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season, but the list must be submitted by no later than 24:00CET the day before a match."

Clarke joined the club from Leeds 1 year ago.
He doesn't qualify for List B just like Parrott and Sessegnon didn't last year and Foyth the two seasons before. We go through this every year.

He only can get in the squad as one of the 17 non local or one of 4 association trained.
We currently have Dele Alli, Hart, Doherty and Sessegnon (still only 1 year at the club) taking the 4 association trained slots.

Clarkes needs to go on loan unless we are getting rid of Sessegnon or Alli.

For a start UEFA scraped the term homegrown years because *people* get confused by it.

UEFA use the term "Locally trained". You can have 8 Locally trained in your 25 man squad and 17 non Locally trained.
Locally trained players consist of "Club trained" players and "Association trained" players.

1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21

The also have List B players to promote a clubs own academy players.
"A player may be registered on List B if he is born on, or after, 1 January 1999 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday (players aged 16 may be registered if they have been registered with the club for the previous two years). Clubs are entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season, but the list must be submitted by no later than 24:00CET the day before a match."

Clarke joined the club from Leeds 1 year ago.
He doesn't qualify for List B just like Parrott and Sessegnon didn't last year and Foyth the two seasons before. We go through this every year.

He only can get in the squad as one of the 17 non local or one of 4 association trained.
We currently have Dele Alli, Hart, Doherty and Sessegnon (still only 1 year at the club) taking the 4 association trained slots.

Clarkes needs to go on loan unless we are getting rid of Sessegnon or Alli.
AFAIK, the 4 local and 4 association trained is a minimum, not a maximum. Having less just means you get less foreign spots.

AFAIK, the 4 local and 4 association trained is a minimum, not a maximum. Having less just means you get less foreign spots.

No you get the 17 regardless plus whatever you can muster from the Locally trained.
Last season we had 17 non local, 2 association trained (Dele, Sessegnon) and 3 club trained(Kane, Rose, Winks) and a load of List B (Skipp, Foyth etc)

We still have 17 non local right now I'm pretty sure. Vertonghen and Vorm were replaced by Hojbjerg and the now over 21 and not locally trained Foyth.

That's why we need to sell before we buy right now.

Back to Clarke we have 5 association trained for a max of 4 slots and an already full non local squad.

No you get the 17 regardless plus whatever you can muster from the Locally trained.
Last season we had 17 non local, 2 association trained (Dele, Sessegnon) and 3 club trained(Kane, Rose, Winks) and a load of List B (Skipp, Foyth etc)

We still have 17 non local right now I'm pretty sure. Vertonghen and Vorm were replaced by Hojbjerg and the now over 21 and not locally trained Foyth.

That's why we need to sell before we buy right now.

Back to Clarke we have 5 association trained for a max of 4 slots and an already full non local squad.
When did this change come about? Because that's not how it worked before.

Yea, why on earth would there be a rule to limit the amount of local and association trained players?! It’s complete and utter nonsense, which actually means it might be true with the way the authorities run football.

Yea, why on earth would there be a rule to limit the amount of local and association trained players?! It’s complete and utter nonsense, which actually means it might be true with the way the authorities run football.
Yes, The rule is there to ENCOURAGE using locally trained players, not limit them. There are only two "maximums" in the rule: 25 man squad (list A) and 17 non-local/non-assosiation trained players. Having less than 8 local and association trained players, means you do not get to registrer a 25 man squad. That's the only limit. You can have as many locally and assosiation trained players as you want. The only limit is the total squad size.

When did this change come about? Because that's not how it worked before.

I think you are misunderstanding me.
You said:

"AFAIK, the 4 local and 4 association trained is a minimum, not a maximum. Having less just means you get less foreign spots"

What i said is you don't get less "foreign spots".
You get 17 non local "free spots" regardless. You can name 0 local trained and just have the 17 free spots.
The non local can be players from england or wherever.
If you are a russian team with 25 russian players you dont have to go out and get 17 foreign players to fill the 17 foreign spots.

I think you are misunderstanding me.
You said:

"AFAIK, the 4 local and 4 association trained is a minimum, not a maximum. Having less just means you get less foreign spots"

What i said is you don't get less "foreign spots".
You get 17 non local "free spots" regardless. You can name 0 local trained and just have the 17 free spots.
The non local can be players from england or wherever.
If you are a russian team with 25 russian players you dont have to go out and get 17 foreign players to fill the 17 foreign spots.
The confusion is because you said we have a max 8 homegrown/locally trained when what you mean is we already have a full squad of 25 including 17 non locally trained players and so there isn't any space for Clarke as he doesn't qualify for the u21 B list.

Yes, The rule is there to ENCOURAGE using locally trained players, not limit them. There are only two "maximums" in the rule: 25 man squad (list A) and 17 non-local/non-assosiation trained players. Having less than 8 local and association trained players, means you do not get to registrer a 25 man squad. That's the only limit. You can have as many locally and assosiation trained players as you want. The only limit is the total squad size.
Yes. But to be on the b-list, thus not taking one of the 25 places the player must have been eligible to play for the club for two years.

Meaning that a lot of our players under 21 can be on the b-list and not take up one of the 25/17 places. Clarke would have to be on the A-list. Taking one of those 25 places, time will tell at the end of the window if there's place there.

Back