• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best live experience

Al Green in the Royal Albert Hall was awesome. Yes the acoustics are rubbish, but it really didn't matter. No one stayed in their seat. Prince in Ronnie Scotts. Stevie Wonder at Wembley.

JUST saw this reply...a bit late to it hahahaha! My Mum LOVED Leonard Cohen...if you're interested, look up the book my friend and colleague Sylvie Simmons wrote about him...

I will look out for that book (thanks mate), loved Cohen and got most of his albums on vinyl. I wish i had a pound for everyone who has said to me over the years that his songs are sucidal ( my old lady said the same when i met here, she loves him now) great song writer>

I will look out for that book (thanks mate), loved Cohen and got most of his albums on vinyl. I wish i had a pound for everyone who has said to me over the years that his songs are sucidal ( my old lady said the same when i met here, she loves him now) great song writer>

Sad what he had to do in his latter years, but great for those who saw him one more time. I don't know his work too well, albeit it soaked into me as a child in our household no doubt :)

Good GHod man, the barrow lands. Been to some great and some desperate gigs in there.
Trans vision vamp (anyone remember them, or admit to it) and skunk anise, both end up in pitched battles.

I've probably mentioned it before, Kate bush in 2014 is unbeatable for me, but I tell you who were brilliant live and I miss them, bare naked ladies. Not seen then since Steven paige left, but they were amazing live.

That Pogues night was insane. St Patrick's '91. Bombed up to Glasgow from Villa away (lost 3-2, 3-0 down and nearly got the draw) to see the steam rolling down the stairs as Celtic had just beaten Rangers 2-0! It was mental in there; I lost about 10 pounds and never stopped laughing.

Probably already posted seeings as an old thread but I'm sure no one remembers so at the risk of repeating myself...

Daft Punk @ Global Gathering 2006
RATM @ Reading Festival 2008

And a more recent one St Germain @ Somerset House 2016 - for those unaware St Germain is a french jazz-house dj who makes some incredible music, his last album (self titled) was in collaboration with a lot of African musicians (Malian i believe) and some american blues artists and was a real eclectic mishmash - the live show featured a full ensemble from Mali playing their various percussion instruments on stage whilst the headlining artist took a back seat behind the monitors/decks. Great stuff and one of the best nights out at a music event of my life time.

Another one that stands out looking back was Big Boi (one half of Outkast) @ Electric Ballroom in Camden around the time that Love Below/Speakerboxxx came out. Was an insanely fun gig, very tongue-in-cheek and not what you'd expect from a hip hop show at all - would love to go to that one again

Last edited:
1st.
Leftfield @brixton academy! It was so loud the roof panels started falling down! I think they got banned from playing there again.
2nd.
Faithless @Roskilde. It was the year after the Perl jam tragedy. Maxi jazz made a lovely tribute, and the light drizzle rain made it an unforgettable moment.
3rd.
Gothminister @sjonafestivalen. Had never heard about them, so didn't know what to expect, but what a performance! Was literally blown away! Spectacularly good, even though its not my kind of music. A mix between goth and electronica check them out!

Last edited:
1st.
Leftfield @brixton academy! It was so loud the roof panels started falling down! I think they got banned from playing there again.
2nd.
Faithless @Roskilde. It was the year after the Perl jam tragedy. Maxi jazz made a lovely tribute, and the light drizzle rain made it an unforgettable moment.
3rd.
Gothminister @sjonafestivalen. Had never heard about them, so didn't know what to expect, but what a performance! Was literally blown away! Spectacularly good, even though its not my kind of music. A mix between goth and electronica check them out!

Which Leftfield? Both chaps or just Neil Barnes? I never saw the mid 90s duo line-up regretfully!

Prodigy at Wembley arena - floor was so sweaty security stopped trying to get people to sit down.
Only gig I've ever enjoyed from a seat or at that hole of a venue.

Also saw Kasabian at a tiny club in Sacramento just after first album came out - quality gig!

One gig that really stands out in memory was ELO at Anaheim Stadium back in 1978. I was never a fan of ELO but a mate had a spare ticket so i thought why not, Journey were also on the bill not a fan of them either but it was free so in for a penny in for a pound. It was called " Out of the blue tour " and the band has a space ship set on stage to go with the theme.

Towards the end of the show they had lasers fireing from the ship on the stage and there was a helicopter flying over the stadium with a small space ship fireing lasers onto the stage, It was quite a light show which was going down great with the crowd. Now for those who do not know the stadium is surrounded on three sides by major freeways and they were always busy, the stadium could be seen by those driving and must have thought there was a REAL star wars battle because both freeways the traffic stopped and wondering what the hell was going on.

It was a sight to see for sure and although i was not impressed by the band the sight of all that traffic stopped and lazers flying every where made it a night to remember for me.

One gig that really stands out in memory was ELO at Anaheim Stadium back in 1978. I was never a fan of ELO but a mate had a spare ticket so i thought why not, Journey were also on the bill not a fan of them either but it was free so in for a penny in for a pound. It was called " Out of the blue tour " and the band has a space ship set on stage to go with the theme.

Towards the end of the show they had lasers fireing from the ship on the stage and there was a helicopter flying over the stadium with a small space ship fireing lasers onto the stage, It was quite a light show which was going down great with the crowd. Now for those who do not know the stadium is surrounded on three sides by major freeways and they were always busy, the stadium could be seen by those driving and must have thought there was a REAL star wars battle because both freeways the traffic stopped and wondering what the hell was going on.

It was a sight to see for sure and although i was not impressed by the band the sight of all that traffic stopped and lazers flying every where made it a night to remember for me.
That spaceship reminds me of what Muse did when I saw them at Wembley Stadium a decade ago.

Just found this thread looking for the music one...

Interpol at Ally Pally was brilliant (tickets upstairs but think it was 2007. Band I’d only got into quite recently at that point and it was off the back of the Antics album

Bloc Party playing at my local venue Esquires was amazing. 250 hardcore fans watching a band literally playing a new sing and asking the audience if it should be on the new album

doves last year at Royal Albert Hall was immense (even the wife loved it) and got to randomly meet Guy Garvey afterwards who was dragging his wife down the stairs (didn’t cook her as a Rachael Stirling from Detectorists)

3/4 years ago we had two back to back hip hop nights which were quality... sugar hill gang with some guys from the furious five day 1 and arrested development day 2
Both at esquires again And we’re initiate and brilliant nights

Another mad concert was when a few of us went to see this gig in 74,
wemb-74-prog-timeline.jpg

I got so loaded i had to be lead out by my hand. Great time was had by all.

Back