• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Actually they also have a forward on loan at Atletico too

and their squad now is massive hence why they have to sell as they can’t just loan players out in the same way

I don’t see how they can fund it. Hence why there is talk of selling Jorginho, Barkley, Alonso, a CB, Emerson, Batbrick and Bakayoko
and I'm sure they will sell all of those players.... But, as we've seen forever, Chelsea needing to sell players does not stop them buying them. They've already strengthened their squad this close season without selling anybody. They seem to treat buying and selling as two separate activities.

1. How do we make the team/squad stronger (priority 1).
2. Let's sell the players we no longer require (priority 2).

Saying that they are 'stalling on buying Haivertz due to needing to sell first' only 2 days after the FA Cup final is a huge leap. If they sign Haivertz any time in the next 6 weeks they will have got him FAR earlier than we ever bring in any of our summer signings.

and I'm sure they will sell all of those players.... But, as we've seen forever, Chelsea needing to sell players does not stop them buying them. They've already strengthened their squad this close season without selling anybody. They seem to treat buying and selling as two separate activities.

1. How do we make the team/squad stronger (priority 1).
2. Let's sell the players we no longer require (priority 2).

Saying that they are 'stalling on buying Haivertz due to needing to sell first' only 2 days after the FA Cup final is a huge leap. If they sign Haivertz any time in the next 6 weeks they will have got him FAR earlier than we ever bring in any of our summer signings.
We brought in Ndomebele earlier than anyone and it didn’t turn out as well as we would have liked so far

Chelsea used to buy without a care but that IMO changed a while back
Their quote arrogant and proud of their turnaround financially now

We bought in Ndomebele earlier than anyone and it didn’t turn out as well as we would have liked so far

Chelsea used to buy without a care but that IMO changed a while back
Their quote arrogant and proud of their turnaround financially now
I must continually be imagining all of those signings Chelsea keep on making other than in the window when they were banned from making signings.... Thank GHod that they haven't actually gone and signed Ziyech and Werner after all and are instead waiting on selling Batshuayi before they do so.

They're also so broke that they bid £54 million for Haivertz..... (a bid which matches our record transfer fee ever paid).

Exactly what evidence are you using that they "haven't got any money now"?!?

I must continually be imagining all of those signings Chelsea keep on making other than in the window when they were banned from making signings.... Thank GHod that they haven't actually gone and signed Ziyech and Werner after all and are instead waiting on selling Batshuayi before they do so.

They're also so broke that they bid £54 million for Haivertz..... (a bid which matches our record transfer fee ever paid).

their accounts And losses

The money spent on those two was the money they couldn’t spend During the ban that came in for Hazard

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbym...om-record-60m-profit-to-96m-loss-in-one-year/

https://financialfootballnews.com/chelsea-fcs-2019-finances-sarri-ball-sorry-losses/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...S-financial-year-making-profit-2017-2018.html

last year we spent £100m plus and this season we won’t. Clubs spending evolves based in income doesn’t it

if this was 5 years ago when Roman was bankrolling I’d agree

here is a snap shot of Bruce Bucks words this year on their finances too

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/transfers-cited-as-bruce-buck-speaks-out-over-96-6m-chelsea-losses

their accounts And losses

The money spent on those two was the money they couldn’t spend During the ban that came in for Hazard

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbym...om-record-60m-profit-to-96m-loss-in-one-year/

https://financialfootballnews.com/chelsea-fcs-2019-finances-sarri-ball-sorry-losses/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...S-financial-year-making-profit-2017-2018.html

last year we spent £100m plus and this season we won’t. Clubs spending evolves based in income doesn’t it

if this was 5 years ago when Roman was bankrolling I’d agree
From the very first article....

Looking ahead
The most encouraging news for Chelsea supporters is on page 12. There is confirmation of owner Roman Abramovich’s continued support “for the foreseeable future” through his company Fordstam Limited via Chelsea FC plc.

The Chelsea FC plc financial report quantifies the level of support from Abramovich for 2019 as £247m - up from £69.1m in the previous year.
While we'll negotiate for the whole summer over Hojbjerg Chelsea had already bought Ziyech and Werner before the end of the season and put in (a very respectable) £54 million opening bid for Haiverz.

From the very first article....

Looking ahead
The most encouraging news for Chelsea supporters is on page 12. There is confirmation of owner Roman Abramovich’s continued support “for the foreseeable future” through his company Fordstam Limited via Chelsea FC plc.

The Chelsea FC plc financial report quantifies the level of support from Abramovich for 2019 as £247m - up from £69.1m in the previous year.
While we'll negotiate for the whole summer over Hojbjerg Chelsea had already bought Ziyech and Werner before the end of the season and put in (a very respectable) £54 million opening bid for Haiverz.
Yeah he bailed them out
But they claim their self sufficient
Not to say he won’t bail them out again but I don’t see it with the way they talk now
Hence why I said about Haivertz
They brought other players quickly so why not him? They know the price

And I really hope we don’t negotiate all summer over a Hojdlberg. I’d get it for a proven quality addition but he isn’t in that bracket yet if at all

Anyone fancy a bit of this - squad building, the Monkey way?.... Hot Damn I’m good.

Levy’s net profit window:-

KWP out / PEH in -£10m
Ndombele out / Skriniar in +£10m
Aurier out +£18m
Castagne in -£10m
Foyth out +£15
Aarons in -£18m
Wilson in -£15m
Lamela out £12m
Fraser in -£0

= £2m profit + better, balanced squad :cool:

Last edited:
Amazed to see/read anyone compering the signings ( and the way they do it) of Chelsea to our situation. Different clubs, financial muscle. Chalk and Cheese. There are enough reasons ( for some) to have yet another dig at Levy but that is stretching the case. :rolleyes:

Amazed to see/read anyone compering the signings ( and the way they do it) of Chelsea to our situation. Different clubs, financial muscle. Chalk and Cheese. There are enough reasons ( for some) to have yet another dig at Levy but that is stretching the case. :rolleyes:
It's not having a dig at Levy, I am merely asking how Bedford can justify his comment that Chelsea have to sell before they can buy despite the multitude of evidence that shows they do not tend to sell before they buy.

Anyone fancy a bit of this - squad building, the Monkey way?.... Hot Damn I’m good.

Levy’s net profit window:-

KWP out / PEH in -£10m
Ndombele out / Skriniar in +£10m
Aurier out +£15m
Castagne in -£0
Foyth out +£12m
Aarons in -£18m
Wilson in -£15m
Lamela out £10m
Fraser in -£0

= £4m profit + better, balanced squad :cool:
Castagne has a year left on his contract so is likely to be cost about £12 million I would've thought. I'm also not convinced that Hojbjerg will be £10m more than KWP considering their respective contract situations.

My version of the same:
Outs:
Rose. £4m
Vorm. £0
Foyth. £8m
KWP. £12m
Aurier. £14m
Vertonghen. £0
CCV. £3m
Ndombele. £45m
Amos. £3m

Ins:
Jordan Archer. (nominal fee)
Castagne. £12m
Bogle. £5m
Kim Min-Jae. £14m
Eze. £15m
Hojbjerg. £16m
Ollie Watkins. £30m (and immediate loan back to Brentford)
Fraser. £0

Pretty much a break even window with us really only losing a single player that played a big part for us in Aurier and replacing him with an immediate upgrade in Castagne and a young, promising, English player in Bogle. Hojbjerg is a big upgrade as DM, Min-Jae comes in as another CH option, Eze replaces Ndombele, Archer replaces Vorm (and frees up an overseas spot, as well as adding another homegrown player) and Watkins is signed now ready for when Kane leaves in a year's time (as I think is likely). Fraser is just making up numbers really as we'll have a lot of games this season (hopefully!). I would imagine the wage bill would actually reduce from the above as well.

Yeah he bailed them out
But they claim their self sufficient
Not to say he won’t bail them out again but I don’t see it with the way they talk now
Hence why I said about Haivertz
They bought other players quickly so why not him? They know the price

And I really hope we don’t negotiate all summer over a Hojdlberg. I’d get it for a proven quality addition but he isn’t in that bracket yet if at all
When you say 'they know the price' for Haivertz. I don't think they do know the price yet at all. They know what his club are publicly requesting for him (£80 million or so) but that doesn't mean that is the price that the player will end up going for. I would imagine Chelsea will end up getting him for about £65 million. Their opening offer was £54 million so they're not too far short. I'd say they're more likely to sign him than not at the moment, although I am a bit puzzled that they are spending money there when they appear well stocked for attacking players and defenders look more what they require?

When you say 'they know the price' for Haivertz. I don't think they do know the price yet at all. They know what his club are publicly requesting for him (£80 million or so) but that doesn't mean that is the price that the player will end up going for. I would imagine Chelsea will end up getting him for about £65 million. Their opening offer was £54 million so they're not too far short. I'd say they're more likely to sign him than not at the moment, although I am a bit puzzled that they are spending money there when they appear well stocked for attacking players and defenders look more what they require?
I mean they know the price to get him as in his release clause
But their now struggling because their negotiator lady has been caught out

and yeah I agree and have been saying for ages their issues is defence. It’s gash. They have a very immobile defence

Their ambition on the players their targeting is impressive but I don’t see them being able to fund it... £110m for the athletico Madrid CB, funded by selling a couple of their current brick ones.

it reminds me of AVB when he wanted some players the club couldn’t afford. He could argue he didn’t get what he wanted

Castagne has a year left on his contract so is likely to be cost about £12 million I would've thought. I'm also not convinced that Hojbjerg will be £10m more than KWP considering their respective contract situations.

My version of the same:
Outs:
Rose. £4m
Vorm. £0
Foyth. £8m
KWP. £12m
Aurier. £14m
Vertonghen. £0
CCV. £3m
Ndombele. £45m
Amos. £3m

Ins:
Castagne. £12m
Bogle. £5m
Kim Min-Jae. £14m
Eze. £15m
Hojbjerg. £16m
Fraser. £0

Pretty much a break even window with us really only losing a single player that played a big part for us in Aurier and replacing him with an immediate upgrade in Castagne and a young, promising, English player in Bogle. Hojbjerg is a big upgrade as DM, Min-Jae comes in as another CH option, Eze replaces Ndombele, Archer replaces Vorm (and frees up an overseas spot, as well as adding another homegrown player) and Watkins is signed now ready for when Kane leaves in a year's time (as I think is likely). Fraser is just making up numbers really as we'll have a lot of games this season (hopefully!). I would imagine the wage bill would actually reduce from the above as well.

Ha, we’re not spending £30m on a player to loan him back. Any money José has will be for players to make a contribution this coming season.

If we were bidding 54m for a player whose club had put a price tag of 80m on i don't think you'd be using 'respectable' or 'close enough offer' to describe it @Finney Is Back ...

Ha, we’re not spending £30m on a player to loan him back. Any money José has will be for players to make a contribution this coming season.
I think Watkins will be out of our price range in another year's time and I think we would kick ourselves for missing out on him. We need some forward planning as I don't think Kane will be at Spurs a year from now so I'd like us to secure a successor now and let them continue developing.

Pipe dreams. Chelsea clearly have money and the two signings they already made for next season show that. Putting them down somehow is an attempt to make ourselves feel better during the inevitable Levyisms of the forthcoming window.

My version of the same:
Outs:
Rose. £4m
Vorm. £0
Foyth. £8m
KWP. £12m
Aurier. £14m
Vertonghen. £0
CCV. £3m
Ndombele. £45m
Amos. £3m

Ins:
Castagne. £12m
Bogle. £5m
Kim Min-Jae. £14m
Eze. £15m
Hojbjerg. £16m
Fraser. £0

I’ve edited to allow for Castagne.

You haven’t bought a striker to back H up next year. I’m not convinced Bogle or Kim would hit the ground running either.

I’ve gone for Skrinier as he’s absolute class, and both Aarons and Wilson are premier league experienced and HG players.

We’ve flogged Archer once already, so not sure why you’d pay money to have him back when Austin and Whiteman can compete for #3 GK slot - at no cost!

Eze would be lovely, but my objective was to balance the squad and fill the key player positions, whilst sorting home grown and turning a profit.

I left the nominal fees like Rose, Amos, CCV out, as clearly all my in and out values are educated guesses - based on ITK and newspaper numbers, so I though that extra pocket change might help offset anything that’s out.

Back