• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

gonad*s innit...

I don't know how many more ways the man can outline how little he was backed when he needed backing the most, before folks finally accept that it was the case. Goes back to 'being brave' - people still think he felt being brave was making no signings - now he's flat out saying how damaging that was and I still think there will be disagreement over it.

We let down, refused to support and then sacked the best manager we've had for 30 years, probably more. That's just a fact at this point.

I don't know how many more ways the man can outline how little he was backed when he needed backing the most, before folks finally accept that it was the case. Goes back to 'being brave' - people still think he felt being brave was making no signings - now he's flat out saying how damaging that was and I still think there will be disagreement over it.

We let down, refused to support and then sacked the best manager we've had for 30 years, probably more. That's just a fact at this point.

I have forced myself to move on, and as such (like us all) want Mourinho to succeed and am giving him my support.
But I will never forget.
It makes me angry when people treat his dismissal as "a results thing" or "that's football". It didn't need to be either. He was the one, and we simply fudging bottled it when we should've gone to another level with him. I believe he would -if asked- say that another major issue was not selling/reinvesting in the way Liverpool did with Coutinho.
Anyway, the path was chosen and we're on it. Here's to Holjberg and other exciters coming in to drive us forth :D

There will always be friction, managers (rightly) don’t care about the long term future of the club, they are transient, good ownership always look to long term improvement.

Dug his own grave by flirting with other teams publicly and non commitment when asked about his future just before the champions league game.

Perhaps he was trying to cue Danny to back him .... unfortunately Danny will not do any better with any other manager.

Dug his own grave by flirting with other teams publicly and non commitment when asked about his future just before the champions league game.

Perhaps he was trying to cue Danny to back him .... unfortunately Danny will not do any better with any other manager.
I think that if Poch had won the CL with us then it is very likely that he would've left the club. Miracles don't tend to happen once and they certainly don't happen twice. If he had somehow managed to get us winning the CL on that that budget then he could never do any better than that at Tottenham and it would've been the right time to go. He had defied the odds for 4 years in a row already and I think he knew that the team had nothing left to go give and needed a rebuild that had become overdue because of the transfer policy the year before.

I only really have two criticisms of Poch at Spurs. The first was him not loaning out our talented younger players, which I think held back a few in their development. The second, and my main criticism, is that he wasn't forceful enough with Levy. He had both Madrid and Man Utd wanting him during his tenure at Spurs and I think he should've used that to publicly force Levy to open the purse strings in a 'back me or let me go' type demand.

https://www.dearmrlevy.com/dml/2020/7/10/the-letter-to-the-chairman

I agree 100% on what you say. I’m sure some disagree and will mention n’jie and n’koudou, but we (Those with our point of view, not you others :)) all know poch couldn’t do what he wanted in terms of players in and out.

I have forced myself to move on, and as such (like us all) want Mourinho to succeed and am giving him my support.
But I will never forget.
It makes me angry when people treat his dismissal as "a results thing" or "that's football". It didn't need to be either. He was the one, and we simply fudging bottled it when we should've gone to another level with him. I believe he would -if asked- say that another major issue was not selling/reinvesting in the way Liverpool did with Coutinho.
Anyway, the path was chosen and we're on it. Here's to Holjberg and other exciters coming in to drive us forth :D
Do you mean drive us fourth?

Back