• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Max Aarons

Do we really? Has anyone at the club told you we want a new right back? We may want to add a natural right back, but then to sell Aurier would be stupid, unless you go with the back up i will mention later. If those are good enough, then your whole post is torn apart. You are also contradicting yourself.

You say Ndombele dosent play because he doesn't run, and you say Aurier doesn't run or track back. Yet he plays every game when he is available. Hmm...
You know, I know and everyone else knows that in a Mourinho team, if you don't do your job, you don't play. Aurier plays. Hmmmm...

I know you want to counter with "we have no other option"
Wrong! Alderweireld can play right back. He does often for the national team, and he's competent at it. Dier is compent at right back. We have Foyth, and even Sissoko has shown he can do a job there. And Mourinho isn't shy of playing anyone "out of position" if he believes that's the best option. He's done that numerous times.
But Aurier plays. Hmmm....
Maybe he's not as bad as your clouded view suggest.

Also, we scout players ALL THE TIME! FOR EVERY POSITION!

the guy isn’t good enough for this team. He is inferior to players who got relegated which says a lot

Its common knowledge we want to replace him. It’s reported in most football media

and the player himself said he has NO competition for his place.

Do you play players out of position or do you adjust the team to get the best out of the weakest player, thereby keeping the rest of the team strong. I know what I’d do.

what is it you see in him to defend him because I’d love to know?

Oh by the way here’s a link to one of many articles about him saying he wanted out

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....tition-for-his-place-as-tottenhams-right-back

I don't defend him. I just pick apart gonad*s and point out obvious logical flaws.
And you haven't said anything about HIM wanting out. It was the club actively look to replace him. Now it's HIM wanting out all of a sudden.
Which is it? Make up your mind.
Also, that was almost a year ago, and even then, Aurier used past tense. Wanted. Not wants.

Last edited:
With what though?
No facts or substance
With just pointing to obvious flaws in your statements. You contradict yourself constantly, and when you run out of somewhat reasonable points, you come up with something completely different than your original claim, like now.

With just pointing to obvious flaws in your statements. You contradict yourself constantly, and when you run out of somewhat reasonable points, you come up with something completely different than your original claim, like now.
I haven’t contradicted myself at all
When he plays a good game I defend him
But it still doesn’t mean i rate him
He is accountable for so many errors in our side it’s scary
Hence why we want an upgrade
He didn’t even want to be here himself
And as I’ve said loads of times the logic of moving another player out of position to play there is just daft... unless you have a fully fit up to speed squad
If anyone thinks we’re not planning on changing at RB their off their heads IMO

It’s been reported regularly since last season and not just the gutter press
I mean by the same people who said who we were signing last season
Alistair Gold who purely covers us has raised him several times and so has Dan Kilpatrick
I’ve also spoken to a local scout who weirdly works for Norwich and Villa and he said we have been scouting him since he was at Luton (this guy used to work the before they went pear shaped)
The thing in any new RBs favour is they won’t be replacing a quality player
It’s exactly the same as the Sessegnon scenario IMO
And I think Ryan can come good. He needs some development and some stability. Last season for him and others was a cluster fudge

These "reports" are written by people who are dependent on getting hits so that they can either gets more followers or advertising for their site, they have as much knowledge about what is happening at the club as my dogs.

These "reports" are written by people who are dependent on getting hits so that they can either gets more followers or advertising for their site, they have as much knowledge about what is happening at the club as my dogs.
I disagree
There are planets who do that
There are also plenty who are sincere and maintain their own kudos by being accurate and independent

the scout I know (not very well I’ll add) is legit. It’s his job and he isn’t a Tottenham fan. He told me why he did just in passing as we were in the same place at the same time.

It’s always possible that propel will make stuff up. Those kind of people post it in forums for some kind of bizarre ego boost I assume. I call it as I see it myself, hence why I post on here and not anywhere else. When I knew a player I was happy to share it on here and it was legit too as people knew

I spoke to Ali Gold and he is IMO legit. I don’t know Dan KilPatrick but he comes across as sound too. The other one I give credit too is Darren Lewis at the mirror who gets most things right about us. The rest I take with a pinch of salt

Where did you see the club say they were looking at him? Too much is made of all the crap that is scrawled upon the internet. We had the same hysteria about signing Sessegnon who was a ready made replacement for Rose. In the real world things dont always workout as you might wish. The pressure of joining one of the leading clubs is huge and many young players cant handle it straight away, hopefully Ryan can come good.
We were definitely interested in Aarons a year ago but either Norwich simply wouldn't sell, or we didn't have the money to make the signing on top of the others that we made last summer.
The player has underwhelmed somewhat in the PL this season though I think, he was no better than OK going forward and defending and I thought he often looked quite weak and naive defensively, that disappointed me as I was banging on about wanting us to sign him over 2 years ago. Of Norwich's two full backs I actually thought that Lewis on the left looked the better option, but even then, Lewis has far lower potential than Sessegnon IMO.

Replacing Aurier with Aarons probably wouldn't actually improve us right now, though I guess it would give us space for another overseas player to be brought in elsewhere. Castagne from Atalanta is a better player than Aarons right now and is probably available for a lower transfer fee so would be a better signing. Castagne is far better than Aarons going forward and at least his equal defensively IMO. If we really want an English player at full back then Matty Cash is better than Aarons by a fair margin right now. For a cheapish, young punt I'd rather see us bring in Bogle from Derby.

Comparing Aarons and Sessegnon, I think Sessegnon has the higher ceiling. He does need to be settled into a position though as opposed to flitting between LB and LW.

Last edited:
the guy isn’t good enough for this team. He is inferior to players who got relegated which says a lot

Its common knowledge we want to replace him. It’s reported in most football media

and the player himself said he has NO competition for his place.

Do you play players out of position or do you adjust the team to get the best out of the weakest player, thereby keeping the rest of the team strong. I know what I’d do.

what is it you see in him to defend him because I’d love to know?

Oh by the way here’s a link to one of many articles about him saying he wanted out

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....tition-for-his-place-as-tottenhams-right-back
I'm not sure that Aurier is inferior to any of the right backs who got relegated to be honest.

It's not common knowledge that we are trying to replace him either. If we're selling KWP and Foyth (as seems very likely) then we'll need to bring in another right back option, we have no idea whether that is to replace Aurier or compete with him. If we're planning on replacing Aurier then that means we'll actually need to buy two new right backs, especially if, as Jose has insinuated, we are going to take the Europa seriously.

"Do you play players out of position or do you adjust the team to get the best out of the weakest player, thereby keeping the rest of the team strong. I know what I’d do."

But if Aurier is so bad then why play him at all? Why not play Foyth there? Or Sissoko? Or Foyth? Or Alderweireld? Or Walcott from the youth team? Or not loan out KWP in January and play him instead? I think it's more likely that Mourinho is playing a formation and set up that he wants to employ as opposed to re-shaping a whole team just to accommodate Aurier. Do you not agree that it seems very unlikely that Mourinho would shape a whole team just to accommodate Aurier instead of just picking another player? I certainly know what I would do if I had a player in the team who I thought was poor. I'd pick somebody else to play in that position instead, just as Jose has shown he is willing to do with (for instance) Ndombele.

I'm not sure that Aurier is inferior to any of the right backs who got relegated to be honest.

It's not common knowledge that we are trying to replace him either. If we're selling KWP and Foyth (as seems very likely) then we'll need to bring in another right back option, we have no idea whether that is to replace Aurier or compete with him. If we're planning on replacing Aurier then that means we'll actually need to buy two new right backs, especially if, as Jose has insinuated, we are going to take the Europa seriously.

"Do you play players out of position or do you adjust the team to get the best out of the weakest player, thereby keeping the rest of the team strong. I know what I’d do."

But if Aurier is so bad then why play him at all? Why not play Foyth there? Or Sissoko? Or Foyth? Or Alderweireld? Or Walcott from the youth team? Or not loan out KWP in January and play him instead? I think it's more likely that Mourinho is playing a formation and set up that he wants to employ as opposed to re-shaping a whole team just to accommodate Aurier. Do you not agree that it seems very unlikely that Mourinho would shape a whole team just to accommodate Aurier instead of just picking another player? I certainly know what I would do if I had a player in the team who I thought was poor. I'd pick somebody else to play in that position instead, just as Jose has shown he is willing to do with (for instance) Ndombele.

All those players who get mentioned as alternatives were injured or not favoured
We did play Sissoko RB vs Brighton and remember how that turned out
We also played Tanganga there quite successfully and I think he may have played there post lockdown

And if you don’t believe the constant talk about new RBs that’s your call but I do. As I’ve said I don’t believe for one second Jose is happy with a RB who doesn’t defend and isn’t actually great attacking wise. It’s a case of seeing how we can fit him in as the lesser of the problems as the time

People have said that Jose has played the winky FB before but I’m yet to see examples of where that was

All those players who get mentioned as alternatives were injured or not favoured
We did play Sissoko RB vs Brighton and remember how that turned out
We also played Tanganga there quite successfully and I think he may have played there post lockdown

And if you don’t believe the constant talk about new RBs that’s your call but I do. As I’ve said I don’t believe for one second Jose is happy with a RB who doesn’t defend and isn’t actually great attacking wise. It’s a case of seeing how we can fit him in as the lesser of the problems as the time

People have said that Jose has played the winky FB before but I’m yet to see examples of where that was
You said it yourself there. "Injured or not favoured". Players not being picked are not favoured. Players being picked are favoured. If Aurier was so bad then do you REALLY think that Mourinho would just keep on picking him? It's just an absurd notion mate, surely you see that?

Trying to think of what games Tanganga played at right back? I think Boro in the Cup replay but that was it? (in his other games he was playing as a third centre half or as left back I think?)

I think it is absolutely likely that we're looking for a right back (just as we are looking for another centre half). That is because with KWP and Foyth leaving we would need another senior right back in squad. If the club are selling Aurier then we'll need to bring in two new right backs (or keep KWP). Maybe the club see Tanganga as a potential right back? I'm not sure that I do, I think he is a centre half as he didn't seem comfortable enough on the ball to me to be played as a fullback, unless we are going to be playing even more of Jose's long ball game next season so having full backs who can play football is less of a requirement?

You said it yourself there. "Injured or not favoured". Players not being picked are not favoured. Players being picked are favoured. If Aurier was so bad then do you REALLY think that Mourinho would just keep on picking him? It's just an absurd notion mate, surely you see that?

Trying to think of what games Tanganga played at right back? I think Boro in the Cup replay but that was it? (in his other games he was playing as a third centre half or as left back I think?)

I think it is absolutely likely that we're looking for a right back (just as we are looking for another centre half). That is because with KWP and Foyth leaving we would need another senior right back in squad. If the club are selling Aurier then we'll need to bring in two new right backs (or keep KWP).
We let Rose go as he was out of favour but IMO was playing better than Davies. Issue was that we were trying to ship him out for sole time due to Levy’s wishes
Players fall out of favour and get dealt with differently
boro was one for sure
I think there was another bit of have to check

We let Rose go as he was out of favour but IMO was playing better than Davies. Issue was that we were trying to ship him out for sole time due to Levy’s wishes
Players fall out of favour and get dealt with differently
boro was one for sure
I think there was another bit of have to check
As far as I remember Jose let Rose go after the player challenged the manager's authority, and good on him for doing so, that is what any strong manager should do.

The reason that we couldn't ship Rose was actually due to Levy who wanted more money than the market would pay for him.

I don't blame Pochettino for keeping Rose around the squad prior to Jose arriving as Poch knows that Levy always has a habit of selling before buying so was probably apprehensive about alienating Rose with a replacement for him looking unlikely.

As far as I remember Jose let Rose go after the player challenged the manager's authority, and good on him for doing so, that is what any strong manager should do.

The reason that we couldn't ship Rose was actually due to Levy who wanted more money than the market would pay for him.

I don't blame Pochettino for keeping Rose around the squad prior to Jose arriving as Poch knows that Levy always has a habit of selling before buying so was probably apprehensive about alienating Rose with a replacement for him looking unlikely.
But wasn’t it Poch who wanted Rose gone too
That was a constant “chat” over the summer
Hence why he brought in sessegnon as his natural successor (if he ever gets there)

But wasn’t it Poch who wanted Rose gone too
That was a constant “chat” over the summer
Hence why he bought in sessegnon as his natural successor (if he ever gets there)
My take on it is that Poch doesn't want first team players to be ostracised, only for them to be priced out of moves by the chairman and still to be around at the start of the season. Remember that it wasn't until deadline day that we finally signed Sessegnon (and he arrived with a reasonably long term injury)

My take on it is that Poch doesn't want first team players to be ostracised, only for them to be priced out of moves by the chairman and still to be around at the start of the season. Remember that it wasn't until deadline day that we finally signed Sessegnon (and he arrived with a reasonably long term injury)
My take on it was that Poch didn’t know how to manage our players who were established

My take on it was that Poch didn’t know how to manage our players who were established
Another example here is Eriksen. Poch wants Grealish so that he can ease him in and sell Eriksen a year later. The chairman then doesn't deliver Grealish. Imagine if Poch had ostracised Eriksen in the interim? We're then effectively down a first team player, not advisable at the best of times but even more so when you already do not have a particularly deep squad.

Another example here is Eriksen. Poch wants Grealish so that he can ease him in and sell Eriksen a year later. The chairman then doesn't deliver Grealish. Imagine if Poch had ostracised Eriksen in the interim? We're then effectively down a first team player, not advisable at the best of times but even more so when you already do not have a particularly deep squad.
Well I think with him in should have come down to when he told us he was leaving so we could plan for it and of course we wanted to keep him so it’s different.

Well I think with him in should have come down to when he told us he was leaving so we could plan for it and of course we wanted to keep him so it’s different.
With Daniel Levy as chairman a manager cannot plan properly. Target signings are rarely secured and even more rarely before deadline day. Buys also don't seem to happen until sales have already taken place, that leaves a manager in a poor position, especially when they cannot trust that the chairman will actually deliver the target.

Hopefully the chairman will do better for Jose. I think he will absolutely have to otherwise the manager will have no problems in calling him out on it (something I wish that Pochettino had done but unfortunately I think he was too nice to do).

The interest in Aarons is for real and has been for a while now, Norwich did not want to sell him last summer because they wanted/ needed him for the new season in the Prem. He is highly rated by the coaches who have worked with him and despite his drop in form during the season( no surprise seeing how poor they have been as a team] he is still regarded as a future star.

He was rated by us under Poch and i am led to believe that our club are still keeping a eye on the situation.

Back