• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight for Europa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guarantee participation will be moaned about next season, either fans, Jose, both.

Many appear to be joyous about the achievement. Not sure if that is because we've rescued something (anything) from this season, whether Jose has says we'll go for it or they've forgotten how we hated/ridiculed the tournament in seasons past?

We need to win something BUT the EL is probably one of the hardest to win. And if you don't get over the line don't expect to turnaround and it not to have had an affect on the rest of your season.

May I be the first to moan, I think it was a very good achievement to qualify given the injuries to key players, the lack of effort from some players, the change in style of play in mid season. My dislike of the competion is based on the number of matches, the long distances travelling to some games and letting CL flops into the knockout stage. I know there are some changes planned but I dont think we have a good enough squad to keep players fresh and keep winning in the league.

We made it ! :-

Wolves ...……… - gw38
Arsenal ......…. - gw37
Sheffield Utd … - gw37
Burnley ...…….. - gw37
Everton ......... - gw36
Southampton … - gw36
Saudi Sportswashing Machine …….. - gw36
Crystal Palarse . - gw34
Brighton …...….. - gw33
Wet Spam ....... - gw32
Aston Villa ….... - gw32
Watford ...….... - gw 32
Bournemouth .. - gw 32
Norwich City .... - gw 31

upload_2016-6-12_14-46-45-png.248445
Is it over yet ?

Right....hit me with the list of EL qualifiers especially the ones in round 2 and 3 of the qualifying rounds.?

Only one leg ...so could be tough if away.

At least in the group you can getaway with an iffy game

So 3 matches more... On the bright side it gives Mourinho more time to assess the playing squad. Have a feeling that he will continue to struggle and will need another year to get the balance right. Last flurry of transfers were a bit of a hit and miss.

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Must hope for home draws even against these names as I’m sure we’ll want to hold back the likes of Kane, unless they are played around the time we would have had a friendly.

Also despite being seeded I guess we could draw someone quite decent away in the final playoff round :eek:

Must hope for home draws even against these names as I’m sure we’ll want to hold back the likes of Kane, unless they are played around the time we would have had a friendly.

Also despite being seeded I guess we could draw someone quite decent away in the final playoff round :eek:

All three matches are once the PL has started :/

Is there anyone who would still prefer to be in the Europa League than not? Will take us 18 matches to win it - virtually half a PL season, and almost 50% more than both domestic cups put together. Horrible competition!

Is there anyone who would still prefer to be in the Europa League than not? Will take us 18 matches to win it - virtually half a PL season, and almost 50% more than both domestic cups put together. Horrible competition!

Yes. Would rather be in it than not! We haven’t won anything for 12 years the more competitions the better chance of winning something. Although it’s seen in this country as a nuisance. It’s still a European competition and I’d love to see us win one!

Think about the positives of the extra games at the start. Kane normally is slow to start a season. Games against lesser opposition might get him going quicker!

I love the fact we've qualified for Europe via league placing. As it was, the UEFA Cup, a great competition almost on par with the European Cup. As the Europa League I agree it is arduous and a lot of the time boring.

As above, home draw is priority to hope for in these three knock-out rounds. A trip to Azerbaijan on a Thurs evening isnt what we need, even if we do rest most of the 11 which started in the PL game on the Sunday.

Given that the knock-out games are back-to back (17th Sept, 24th Sept, 1st Oct), and looking at some of those teams, I'm hoping that for the first 3 league games and 2 EL qualifying games Jose picks a completely separate team for the PL and for the EL. We should have a big enough squad for it and I wouldnt start anyone who plays in the first 3 PL games for those first 2 EL games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back