• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Callum Wilson

It's a bit like a slightly less sexy "CAVANI and KJAER DOUBLE SWOOOP IMPENDING ACCORDING TO NAPOLI PRESIDENT" after that world cup...

But having said that both moves make sense* if a good deal could be worked out, maybe they'd even take a couple of younger players ready for a lot of games in the championship.

*My only worry is if Wilson's injury problems caught up with him a bit this season but fingers crossed he'd come back fighting fit + it's not like we'd be initially desperate for him so he'd have time for a proper pre season.

Edit - Also just to say, Brooks seems like a cracking prospect, would love to see if he'd step it up alongside a realistically higher level calibre of player around him.

It's a bit like a slightly less sexy "CAVANI and KJAER DOUBLE SWOOOP IMPENDING ACCORDING TO NAPOLI PRESIDENT" after that world cup...

But having said that both moves make sense* if a good deal could be worked out, maybe they'd even take a couple of younger players ready for a lot of games in the championship.

*My only worry is if Wilson's injury problems caught up with him a bit this season but fingers crossed he'd come back fighting fit + it's not like we'd be initially desperate for him so he'd have time for a proper pre season.

Edit - Also just to say, Brooks seems like a cracking prospect, would love to see if he'd step it up alongside a realistically higher level calibre of player around him.
Wilson is apparently on £110k a week. So that would seem a lot for us to spend on a backup striker.

We were probably paying Llorente something not too far off of that.
We were paying him more. And that’s not a good investment, post stadium, and in covid world.

Josh King is on less and is available, and is less injury prone. Troy Deeney also an option.

It's a bit like a slightly less sexy "CAVANI and KJAER DOUBLE SWOOOP IMPENDING ACCORDING TO PALERMO PRESIDENT" after that world cup...

Fixed. I remember that glorious rumor - after qualifying for the CL, it made for a great few weeks of dreaming. At the time, Cavani wasn't a striker - sort of an aggressive, high-pressing right winger. Which was, to my eyes, perfect for what we needed - and Kjaer was exactly the sort of centre-back we could have used.

We never did get either, of course. But it was good to dream for a while.

We were paying him more. And that’s not a good investment, post stadium, and in covid world.

Josh King is on less and is available, and is less injury prone. Troy Deeney also an option.

Having knee surgery so would rule him out

Not really, as there always a West Ham around stupid enough to pay it and “get bragging rights over Tottenham”!

Let's see. I'm sure that'll be the approach that Levy takes, if we're interested

Let's see. I'm sure that'll be the approach that Levy takes, if we're interested
It’ll need to be reduced fee (based on his knees if nothing else!) and then he’ll need to accept less Per week as well.

I can’t see us paying £110k+, for a back up player. The knock on effect to the rest of the squad would cause issues.

Callum Wilson is, at least, not a foreign player who would count against the quota. WHich we really have to be mindful of with Walker-Peters leaving and Hojbjerg incoming.

Callum Wilson is, at least, not a foreign player who would count against the quota. WHich we really have to be mindful of with Walker-Peters leaving and Hojbjerg incoming.

We need 8 out of 25 is count 10 as we stand and 8 if Rose and KWP both leave, assuming Jack Clarke isn't shipped of somewhere.

Back