• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

cars

I’ve had loads of Fords, always happy with them, you get so much for your money, not just the car but servicing and warranty too. My car is a tool, I have kids, dogs, bikes etc.

I was devastated when some idiot drove into and wrote off my MkIII Mondeo.

I’d love a Mustang but my bike rack wouldn’t fit and putting my wife on the insurance would probably bankrupt me.

Beauty. I'm well jealous.

What range are they saying?
About 300-340 km for this version. The 55 has more power and a little more range. It's slightly less range than I would like, but realisticly, there aren't many times I drive more than 200-250 km, and the charging network is pretty OK now. It can charge at 120kW, and from 5 to 80% charging will take 20 minutes on a 120kW charger.

Last edited:
I’m seriously impressed with my sons focus, 140hp from a 1 litre 3 cylinder motor and a nimble chassis that can put every bit of the power down.

I reckon I could embarrass a few fat jags and Audi’s on a track or down the country lanes in it.

Oh and the build quality is good as well and all for the price of a 5 year old 2 litre diesel German (or Indian) rep mobile

I’m seriously impressed with my sons focus, 140hp from a 1 litre 3 cylinder motor and a nimble chassis that can put every bit of the power down.

I reckon I could embarrass a few fat jags and Audi’s on a track or down the country lanes in it.

Oh and the build quality is good as well and all for the price of a 5 year old 2 litre diesel German (or Indian) rep mobile
I still don't understand how a 3 pot is stable.

My wife's Citroen has one and it can shift for a little shopping cart.

You can have oodles of fun in a car like the Focus. And don't need to be on a track to explore it. Modern cars you rarely have space to push their engines and get up them. They are too powerful, too fast to explore on most UK roads. Whereas a Focus a Mini even, they are plenty quick, agile and bags of fun if you want to press on.

I had a front-wheel-drive Peugeot 306-GTi-6, it was as engaging and fun to drive as vastly more expensive cars. It was worth so little that when it was towed it wasn't worth paying to get it back. It was probably scrapped. Sad sad story as it was such a great little car. Same colour as this one
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/shed-of-the-week/shed-of-the-week-peugeot-306-gti-6/36833

Last edited:

We test drove the 1l vtec a few years ago, before buying something else that was more practical, I couldn’t believe the feel of that engine, by no means a racer but I wouldn’t expect 1l to move more than a match box, it felt like a proper car.

The uk mustang looks good, especially in black or blue. But I haven't driven one.

Are they crap to drive?

Granted its been a long time since I drove one, but I always found ford's to be wallowing buckets and unreliable.
Drove sierra, fiesta and transits extensively for work and hated them.

Granted its been a long time since I drove one, but I always found ford's to be wallowing buckets and unreliable.
Drove sierra, fiesta and transits extensively for work and hated them.

Oh I meant specifically the Mustang, which I like the look of.

Non really my thing but the focus ST is supposedly fun.

Oh I meant specifically the Mustang, which I like the look of.

Non really my thing but the focus ST is supposedly fun.

Tbh I don't have any real feelings on cars, ironic considering how much driving I've done over the years.
Something safe, comfy and that I can get a few cases and my golf clubs in and I'm quite happy.
Current car is a skoda superb sports something or other estate and it's great, does me fine.

As an aside, it didn't bother me much at the time but as the wives insurance is due for renewal it's bugging me, I got a ticket for 59 on a 50 (temporary mway thing) on the way out of Hull at Christmas.
Surely you can't possibly be leaving Hull to quickly! My GHod what a desolate hole, must be some kind of appeal? Infringement of human rights being made to stay in Hull any longer than absolutely necessary?

Yeah, I remember as a teenager back in 1990s the Golf GTi was what we aspired to as a first car and that had around 140 BHP which would barely qualify as a warm hatch nowadays.

My classmate’s dad had a Jaguar XJ12 which seemed really rapid back then but a 0-60 time of 6.8 seconds wouldn’t impress any kids nowadays.

Look out for electric power steering problems, any hesitation when pulling away or accelerating and it might have sensor problems or the coils packs and plugs may need replacing. The door handles can jam and be difficult to open, wheel bearings tend to go on higher mileage examples.

My wife has had a couple over the years and this is what we have found

Appreciate this, thank you mate.

Back