• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Patience?

It's Ndombele side (agent Pini Zahavi) leaking to the media about a transfer. It's his agent shopping him to every club in Europe.
Tottenham have briefed through Kippatrick (who has 0 sources apart from the Tottenham press office) that they want him to stay.

These stories don't come out of nowhere. You don't see stories about Son leaving. Because Son's agent is trying to get him a move.

Ndombele rightly or wrongly wants out.

Patience?

It's Ndombele side (agent Pini Zahavi) leaking to the media about a transfer. It's his agent shopping him to every club in Europe.
Tottenham have briefed through Kippatrick (who has 0 sources apart from the Tottenham press office) that they want him to stay.

These stories don't come out of nowhere. You don't see stories about Son leaving. Because Son's agent is trying to get him a move.

He probably does but he’s got 5 years left on his contract so he doesn’t get to pick and choose, if Spurs think a valuation hasn’t been met then he’s here until the next window.

Patience?

I’d guess it’s more nuanced. We would take a small hit to get back cash to reinvest and clear his wages if someone was willing to pay 45m. Put it out there see if anyone bites. On the flip side, make sure you don’t alienate the player as he probably will be here next season. Feed information to a loyal jorno that he’s in our plans. Smart, hedging our bets?

Chances are he will still be here next season and if he’s committed then everything is possible again.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I’d guess it’s more nuanced. We would take a small hit to get back cash to reinvest and clear his wages if someone was willing to pay 45m. Put it out there see if anyone bites. On the flip side, make sure you don’t alienate the player as he probably will be here next season. Feed information to a loyal jorno that he’s in our plans. Smart, hedging our bets?

Chances are he will still be here next season and if he’s committed then everything is possible again.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think that it is most likely that he won't be here at the end of the window. I think that he is the saleable asset who is the furthest from the first team. In a summer where we will probably need to sell to fund rebuilding, I think that makes him moving on likely.

We might take a £10m loss selling this summer but that could be £30m if we hold onto him and he doesn't make an impact next year.

Added to that, as @Modric THFC says, he's been agitating for a move through the French press for a couple of months now.

I think that it is most likely that he won't be here at the end of the window. I think that he is the saleable asset who is the furthest from the first team. In a summer where we will probably need to sell to fund rebuilding, I think that makes him moving on likely.

We might take a £10m loss selling this summer but that could be £30m if we hold onto him and he doesn't make an impact next year.

Added to that, as @Modric THFC says, he's been agitating for a move through the French press for a couple of months now.

Maybe. If we can get good money for him, then it makes sense. We probably won't have to pay out some performance-related clauses to Lyon if he's sold, and could recoup a fair amount; plus crucially save on his reportedly huge wages (though they will be performance-related too no doubt).

But...there needs to be interest in him. Ideally from more than one club if we're to reach a 40m+ amount. Lower than 40m and you'd question whether it is more prudent to keep him and he might develop and be worth more. As we found last summer, other clubs are not as interested in our rejects.

Every time I read something like this I get a fresh wave of depression at the re-realisation of how much this sucks. Record signing, insane talent with the ball, and seemingly didn’t have major fitness or attitude problems last season (though appreciate it’s something that had bubbled away before). He was such a coup when we bought him - just feels weird if we have to write him off a mere one year later, rather than finding a way to get him back to the required level of fitness.

All our record signings are doomed, it seems. Each and every one of them keep failing. Maybe too much pressure to be such a high profile signing.

All our record signings are doomed, it seems. Each and every one of them keep failing. Maybe too much pressure to be such a high profile signing.
It’s odd isn’t it - when I think about the obvious technical flaws with the recent ones I’d question the scouting, but I also wonder if the reason they are our record signings is because of the suitable terms of the deal and the fact we could fit them into our wage structure - Lamela possibly an exception as we had the bale money but I may well check and see who was being sold for a similar amount at the time. 42m for a young cb only when we had toby and Jan never seemed the reason to break our record and Sissoko was never a 30m player.
Ndombele is an exception in some ways as he looks to have all the ability in the world, but as I have no interest in watching the French league I’m not sure if the question over his application could have been mitigated by better scouting (it may well be Poch was confident he’d knock him into shape)
I’m interested to see how the new window shapes up and if Mourinho’s experience / network brings in better / more applicable quality.

It’s odd isn’t it - when I think about the obvious technical flaws with the recent ones I’d question the scouting, but I also wonder if the reason they are our record signings is because of the suitable terms of the deal and the fact we could fit them into our wage structure - Lamela possibly an exception as we had the bale money but I may well check and see who was being sold for a similar amount at the time. 42m for a young cb only when we had toby and Jan never seemed the reason to break our record and Sissoko was never a 30m player.
Ndombele is an exception in some ways as he looks to have all the ability in the world, but as I have no interest in watching the French league I’m not sure if the question over his application could have been mitigated by better scouting (it may well be Poch was confident he’d knock him into shape)
I’m interested to see how the new window shapes up and if Mourinho’s experience / network brings in better / more applicable quality.

There's obviously a lot going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to (yet), but I remember reading one of the main traits Poch was looking for when scouting and signing players were their professional behaviour off the pitch, and how they applied themselves in training. If they didn't, he wouldn't want to sign them. So why did we sign N'Dombele, if he's known for being lazy in training? It doesn't make sense. Maybe he was seen as one, as you say, Poch would get into shape either way. Too bad he's stuck with Mourinho now.

I have to say I'm quite pessimistic about this one now. He's a fantastic talent, but all the noise seems to indicate he wants out already. I only hope we manage to recoup some of the money we threw at the deal and get to spend that money to get someone in his place. If he does stay, then surely Mourinho will be pressured by Levy to utilize him more over the season, otherwise his value will deprecate even more.

There's obviously a lot going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to (yet), but I remember reading one of the main traits Poch was looking for when scouting and signing players were their professional behaviour off the pitch, and how they applied themselves in training. If they didn't, he wouldn't want to sign them. So why did we sign N'Dombele, if he's known for being lazy in training? It doesn't make sense. Maybe he was seen as one, as you say, Poch would get into shape either way. Too bad he's stuck with Mourinho now.

I have to say I'm quite pessimistic about this one now. He's a fantastic talent, but all the noise seems to indicate he wants out already. I only hope we manage to recoup some of the money we threw at the deal and get to spend that money to get someone in his place. If he does stay, then surely Mourinho will be pressured by Levy to utilize him more over the season, otherwise his value will deprecate even more.
To be fair to Mourinho he’s made it clear what standards are expected and I don’t think a Poch would have done much differently given the length of time it took to reintegrate injured or new players historically. Rose once said I’m match fit for any other team except Spurs under Poch!
I always try to remain optimistic when a player belongs to the club, but there are several I feel like have been a slow burn towards our mediocrity, whether that was due to the power they wield it us being unable to shift due to the asking price and wages we’ll never know. If Ndombele is here next season I hope it’s because he’s proved to Mourinho he can get fit and wants to be here, I’ll also give Levy Kudos for taking a hit on him now where a potential suitor may see this as a Spurs issue with integrating the player as opposed to the flawed attitude of the player.
When I think about it, if he has hit the ground running for us he may well have helped save Poch’s job. The Dembele shaped hole in this team was so big but the first time I saw what he could do I genuinely he was going to make a massive and immediate difference.

Because we usually hold out for top dollar? Has worked well in years gone by but seems to be getting progfessively harder these days.
It’s getting harder as teams are realising that the players we’re happy to sell are mentally weak. It’s not appealing to a buying club to pay top dollar for a player who doesn’t WP form in big games or one that has shown that he can’t run for example
It’s made even harder when those players decide their leaving but will only go to certain clubs (some who don’t actually want them)

Patience?

Nothing will change for him till he changes his attitude.

How long do you think he will last at Barca/Munich if he doesn’t put in the effort?

he needs to tell his agents to shut the fudge up, quite telling instead of putting his head down and showing effort he sulked and his agents started to talk.

Last edited:
Useless. We have no use for a player with this kind of skill.......

Selling him would be a crime!
We all know he has the skills to pay the bills. Unfortunately what a two minute highlight reel doesn’t show you is his ability, or should that be inability to get about the pitch. No matter how skillful you are if you don’t have the fitness levels you are not going to make it in this league. Hopefully a combination of acquiring a proper DM and him improving his work ethic will sort this and all will be good.

More importantly, what is that tune being played? :cool:

Falls over in the first 10 seconds, and all his waddling around the pitch looking like an out-of-breath hippopotamus hasn't made it into the compilation for some reason.
You're such a negative asshole! "Falls over"... Yeah, right. Getting both your legs kicked off the ground is falling over. We desperately need his skills. We've been crying out for some creativity. He is the one that can deliver it. Hopefully, with us signing a proper DM, he can be more free to do his business further forward.

Back