• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All or Nothing - spoilers

I've enjoyed the Netflix documentary series, Drive To Survive, about the past two F1 seasons. Some good behind the scenes stuff - the hard work to make cars competitive, the drivers getting on each others nerves, team directors of struggling teams swearing and sweating.

Fully expect this one will do quite nicely to balance the drama and the fluffy stuff.

The world spotlight will be on us and he will steal the entire thing because he is larger than life.
I can only imagine how Poch would've come across, needless to say I think we'd have seen someone who rallies others to our club.
Oh I don’t know, Poch loves coming out with ridiculous things that would fit right in with the embarrassment of this documentary. His latest thing today is that it was him and Brendan Rodgers who changed the mentality of English football - two guys who haven’t won a trophy in England. He’s getting ridiculed for that already.....

Oh I don’t know, Poch loves coming out with ridiculous things that would fit right in with the embarrassment of this documentary. His latest thing today is that it was him and Brendan Rodgers who changed the meteorology of English football - two guys who haven’t won a trophy in England. He’s getting ridiculed for that already.....

Here's the quote in full, for the purposes of discussion...

'Speaking to El Pais about the style of play imposed at Southampton, Pochettino said: 'It was not the way to press but how we [Southampton] played from behind, with positional attacks, retrieving the ball high and attacking fast. It was a change of mentality and we proved that the English could do it.

'I think together with Brendan Rodgers we changed the mentality of English football a bit. And the arrival of Pep [Guardiola] later cemented and settled everything because today, in any league in the world, what predominates is the capacity of that associative and positional game that has invaded world football." '

When taken in full, I think he has a point, more so with us and then Guardiola (he conveniently forgets Klopp who was 'gegenpressing' already, and as such deserves full mention and credit). Controversial? Sure. 'Ridiculous' things which fit in with the 'embarrassment' of the whole doc concept? Err, no. Not really.

Here's the quote in full, for the purposes of discussion...

'Speaking to El Pais about the style of play imposed at Southampton, Pochettino said: 'It was not the way to press but how we [Southampton] played from behind, with positional attacks, retrieving the ball high and attacking fast. It was a change of meteorology and we proved that the English could do it.

'I think together with Brendan Rodgers we changed the meteorology of English football a bit. And the arrival of Pep [Guardiola] later cemented and settled everything because today, in any league in the world, what predominates is the capacity of that associative and positional game that has invaded world football." '

When taken in full, I think he has a point, more so with us and then Guardiola (he conveniently forgets Klopp who was 'gegenpressing' already, and as such deserves full mention and credit). Controversial? Sure. 'Ridiculous' things which fit in with the 'embarrassment' of the whole doc concept? Err, no. Not really.
I saw the whole quote and for me all he’s demonstrated is what an ego he has, the same thing you keep on calling out Mourinho for - only difference is that Mourinho has the trophies to back it up. Wenger can come and say something like that, but I completely see why he’s getting criticised for saying that. Taking away what he just said, Poch has said plenty of ridiculous things whether it be in the media or that flipping book. And yes the documentary is embarrassing, it will serve as nothing but to be comedy gold - for other fans anyway:D....

I saw the whole quote and for me all he’s demonstrated is what an ego he has, the same thing you keep on calling out Mourinho for - only difference is that Mourinho has the trophies to back it up. Wenger can come and say something like that, but I completely see why he’s getting criticised for saying that. Taking away what he just said, Poch has said plenty of ridiculous things whether it be in the media or that flipping book. And yes the documentary is embarrassing, it will serve as nothing but to be comedy gold - for other fans anyway:D....

You have then obviously missed the point on what I call Mourinho out for. There feels like little point in explaining it, suffice to say that as our manager (regardless of how I feel) I support him.

As for the documentary being "embarrassing", of course it is. The whole thing is absurd, and in the same vein as what I consider to be Poch's main mistake whilst with us - that book!!! These are unnecessary things, albeit the doc will generate money and give Levy "greater brand recognition" which is (I presume) his end goal with all of this?

You have then obviously missed the point on what I call Mourinho out for. There feels like little point in explaining it, suffice to say that as our manager (regardless of how I feel) I support him.

As for the documentary being "embarrassing", of course it is. The whole thing is absurd, and in the same vein as what I consider to be Poch's main mistake whilst with us - that book!!! These are unnecessary things, albeit the doc will generate money and give Levy "greater brand recognition" which is (I presume) his end goal with all of this?
But you have to admit if it’s about a other side they can be bloody good to watch

I’ve just watched The Edge about the negative cricket side and the wife watched it too without an interest or a clue about the game. She said it was great

Back