• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

That's one area where Mourinho is quite similar to Pochettino. Though Mourinho has at times had one attacking player that's been more or less accepted to not put in a proper defensive shift it's usually been a wide forward or striker, so I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen to Ndombele.

It actually makes me quite relaxed about the whole situation. Either Mourinho thinks he can he get what he needs from Ndombele and all will be good. Or he doesn't and he won't be a problem for long.
Oh I don’t disagree with the Poch similarities and the fact a centre mid can’t be the one exception (I was always an advocate of Eriksen running less!)
My concern isLevy wanting to make money or at least not lose any on a deal. I still feel ndombele has the ability to be one of the best in his position in Europe but if he doesn’t have the inclination to get fit or Mourinho and he can’t work together I just hope we cut our losses if need be. We can’t afford to have an Ozil or Sanchez situation in our squad.

Frustrating we got Nombele and didn’t take Bruno Fernandes or Grealish who’d both have hit the ground running.

I think Grealish could be an excellent CM. Played deeper, he could be a bit Modric-like.

But we won’t be able to sell Ndombele. Who’d take him on these wages and stump up the transfer fee? Moreover, Ndombele can come good. How many foreign transfers perform better in their 2nd even third season?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

To me he's the big question mark for next season.

I trust Mourinho to make sensible signings making us better in key areas where we are currently lacking. I hope for clear signs of improvement and added stability from some of our players. Perhaps even a youngster will step up in a big way (Sessegnon, Tanganga, Gedson, Skipp?)

That will only get us so far. But if we somehow could get Ndombele doing enough defensively, getting his fitness right, fitting in. He could be a real game changer, the difference between gradual improvement and a massive step up.

I cross my fingers, though I won't hold my breath.

As much as I’d love to see someone with his skill succeed at Spurs, this might be the best for all parties. There has to be a material risk that his attitude means that the next couple seasons wouldn’t be that different to the last

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Tottenham are in talks with Internazionale over a deal to sell Tanguy Ndombele for a reduced fee less than 13 months after he became the club’s record signing for £55m.

The France midfielder has endured a difficult first season in the Premier League since joining Spurs from Lyon in July last year and signing a six-year deal, having started only 12 Premier League games. But despite José Mourinho stating he was confident the 23-year-old “can turn it around” at the start of July, Inter have entered negotiations that could see Ndombele join Antonio Conte’s side.

Spurs have indicated they would accept €50m (£45m) for Ndombele – a figure that would represent a significant loss – although Inter are not believed to be willing to go that high. There is also a possibility of a swap deal involving the Slovakia defender Milan Skriniar, who Mourinho views as a replacement for Jan Vertonghen after the Belgium defender left Spurs at the end of his contract.

It is also understood Tottenham are monitoring Ivan Perisic, who has also been linked with a switch to Bayern Munich. They remain favourites but Mourinho is a big admirer of the Croatian having attempted to sign him at Manchester United.

Would be happy if a deal saw us get Skriniar. I would have liked NDombele to have become a success with us, but if that’s not going to happen then to get a solid centre back in exchange works for me.

Every time I read something like this I get a fresh wave of depression at the re-realisation of how much this sucks. Record signing, insane talent with the ball, and seemingly didn’t have major fitness or attitude problems last season (though appreciate it’s something that had bubbled away before). He was such a coup when we bought him - just feels weird if we have to write him off a mere one year later, rather than finding a way to get him back to the required level of fitness.

Last edited:
he wont go, he's got a 6 year contract. levy and mourinho will chisel him down a bit. i saw him hauling his ass around when he got back on after lockdown. just threaten to rot his career.

Back