• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Sounds like a summary of what most fans think tbh, nothing groundbreaking there in the slightest.

Personally, I think we will be alright with the current centre backs we have at the club. I'd sell Aurier and bring in both Castagne and Aarons, we can sell Davies the next year if Cirkin or Sessegnon are ready to step up (Castagne can play both left and right back comfortably). Sell Sissoko and Lamela and then bring in Hojbjerg and a young talented forward like Eze alongside Wilson from Bournemouth.

All that can be done realistically for around a £20-30m net spend if we can sell KWP, Rose, Aurier, Foyth, Sissoko, Lamela and loan players like Amos and CCV.
I’m not convinced we’ll be looking at a net spend this window. More like a net profit.

Which won’t be pretty to achieve.

My gran?

No, wait, she's dead.

Seriously though, Aurier has been getting assists recently. Still a long way to go before I change my opinion of him, but maybe it is possible for a system with him on the left to work.

I think the assists are overplayed. He is essentially our main outlet and his heat map is heavy on the high right. He could be achieving a lot, lot more. I’d expect anyone with decent delivery to get double figures minimum from there.

@Danishfurniturelover you mentioned this Florentino Luís last summer, he still worth a look?

Interesting and when it was being pushed around the spurs twitter know it alls (the tactical crew who just actually churn out stats for an opinion), and they used his recovery and tackle stats someone piped up and said that he actually only played less than a third of a season so his stats look great but it’s a shorter period than they made it sound
I’ve never seen him play to comment by the way

Regarding the rumours of Wilson from Bournemouth. I see the telegraph are reporting that they have outstanding transfer fees owed of £81m. Sounds like they will need to sell a couple to cover themselves. Ake, Wilson & Brooks you’d imagine are the main 3.

Regarding the rumours of Wilson from Bournemouth. I see the telegraph are reporting that they have outstanding transfer fees owed of £81m. Sounds like they will need to sell a couple to cover themselves. Ake, Wilson & Brooks you’d imagine are the main 3.
We were being linked with their keeper last week as well I noticed.

So, what's with Dele whizzing off to Ibiza for a bit of a bromance with James Maddison?

They look seriously enamored with one another.

Possible alternate recruiting strategy for a useful midfielder who has yet to sign a contract extension with Leicester?

Or has JM had it to the back teeth (!) with Brentin Rodgers and looking for a change?

For a team that were tipped by most people to go down when the lockdown started (They had a terrible run in on paper), Brighton have done well to both stay up and been working on potential transfers.
I'm not saying Lallana or Veltman will work out but fair play for seemingly getting there brick together and being on the ball

Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho is interested in signing Colombia winger Luis Diaz, 23, from Porto.(Record - in Portuguese)

Inter Miami, the Major League Soccer side owned by former England captain David Beckham, want to make Barcelona and Uruguay forward Luis Suarez, 33, their first big-name signing. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Emirates Marketing Project and Paris St-Germain target David Alaba's agent is asking Bayern Munich pay the 28-year-old Austria left-back 20m euros (£18m) a year to extend his contract. (Bild - in German)

Talks between Manchester United and 23-year-old English goalkeeper Dean Henderson - who spent the season on loan at Sheffield United - are at a vital stage after weeks of negotiations. (Sky Sports)

Chelsea are prioritising the signing of Leicester City's England left-back Ben Chilwell, 23, over other options in that position, including Ajax's Argentine defender Nicholas Tagliafico, 27, and Getafe's Spain Under-21 international Marc Cucurella, 22. (Goal)

West Ham United are interested in Queens Park Rangers and former Republic of Ireland Under-21 full-back Ryan Manning, 24. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Atletico Madrid have rejected an improved offer of 25m euros (£22.6m), plus 21-year-old France midfielder Matteo Guendouzi, from Arsenal for Ghana defensive midfielder Thomas Partey, 27. (AS - in Spanish)

English former Burnley, West Ham and Emirates Marketing Project goalkeeper Joe Hart, 33, is close to a move to Scottish champions Celtic.(Sun)

Brazil forward Hulk, 34, is considering a move to the Premier League when his contract at Shanghai SIPG expires in January. (Talksport)

Premier League newcomers Leeds United are targeting FC Utrecht's 25-year-old Dutch right-back Sean Klaiber as they look to do early business in the transfer window. (Voetbal International - in Dutch)

However, Leeds' hopes of signing Argentina Under-20 winger Thiago Almada are fading, with the 19-year-old telling his Velez Sarsfield team-mates he wants to stay in his homeland. (Leeds Live)

Watford are in talks with Vladimir Ivic over their vacant manager's job after the 43-year-old Serb left his role as head coach at Maccabi Tel Aviv, where he won consecutive league titles. (Mail)

Barcelona are looking to offload February signing Martin Braithwaite, 29, with the Denmark forward not in manager Quique Setien's plans for next season. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53585077

The bigger issue is apparently none of the biggest wage earners have relegation clauses in their contract (usually lower end clubs have clauses to reduce salaries if relegated), so it's not just debts, it's having to get them off the wage bill as quickly as possible.

The bigger issue is apparently none of the biggest wage earners have relegation clauses in their contract (usually lower end clubs have clauses to reduce salaries if relegated), so it's not just debts, it's having to get them off the wage bill as quickly as possible.

I'd read the same and that they had been bumping up their wages in order to hold onto them. Wilson is meant to be on £100k

Atletico Madrid have rejected an improved offer of 25m euros (£22.6m), plus 21-year-old France midfielder Matteo Guendouzi, from Arsenal for Ghana defensive midfielder Thomas Partey, 27. (AS - in Spanish)
They would probably have accepted if they didn't have to take Gwen Dozy in the deal!

Back