• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I honestly think it's the last chance saloon for us with him next year. We need to do both - win something, *and* make CL.

If we win nothing, and if we don't make CL - he's out, imo. And sadly, he'd be completely within his rights to ask for a move - he will have given us about eight years of his first-team career at that point, running himself into the ground for us scoring at ludicrous rates.... and we will have won nothing by that time.

I don't give a damn what excuses Levy makes. He's always got about a hundred reasons to avoid spending on the one thing that actually matters the most at a football club - the team. But this needs to be crystal clear to club staff - our greatest player in the PL era will likely leave if we fail next year.

As for him not celebrating, a) seems overblown, and b) it's been a crap year where the objectives we probably had at the start of the season (title challenge, CL run, win something) all fell apart - in no small part due to his incompetent team-mates. The guy's ambitious, and I wouldn't blame him for just blotting this year out of his memory.

I wouldn’t completely rule him out Leaving this summer, if it wasn’t for the coronavirus I’m pretty sure he would have been off.

He could play for any team in the world and he’s stuck playing with Sissoko/Serge/Moura/Winks when he could be feeding of balls from players like KDB.

he’s always said he will stay all the time we match his ambitions, I’m pretty sure we are not.

big summer for Levy

I agree with @DubaiSpur next summer if we haven't at least qualified in the top four, Kane's off. No way is anything happening mid pandemic when he's got two very young kids and a wife whose idea of going overseas is south of the Thames.

Noting however that he has a key role in this, top four, trophies are pretty much down to how he manages to keep himself fit/in form, we stand a much better chance of qualifying/winning something.

It'll be hard to deal with Kane leaving so obviously a good rest, Jose pre-season and squad freshen are all required.

I honestly think it's the last chance saloon for us with him next year. We need to do both - win something, *and* make CL.

If we win nothing, and if we don't make CL - he's out, imo. And sadly, he'd be completely within his rights to ask for a move - he will have given us about eight years of his first-team career at that point, running himself into the ground for us scoring at ludicrous rates.... and we will have won nothing by that time.

I don't give a damn what excuses Levy makes. He's always got about a hundred reasons to avoid spending on the one thing that actually matters the most at a football club - the team. But this needs to be crystal clear to club staff - our greatest player in the PL era will likely leave if we fail next year.

As for him not celebrating, a) seems overblown, and b) it's been a crap year where the objectives we probably had at the start of the season (title challenge, CL run, win something) all fell apart - in no small part due to his incompetent team-mates. The guy's ambitious, and I wouldn't blame him for just blotting this year out of his memory.

Mate, can you go one fudging week without shoehorning a Levy criticism into your posts?!

Edit: still interested to hear your thoughts on Levy spending £150m+ on players this season, now the stadium’s been built.

Last edited:

I completely agree with all that [except the 3rd paragraph :p] I have posted that he will be 27 this summer and has a total of zero trophys to show for his ability and i would fully understand if he decided to leave for a club that will enable him to do that.

If you add in the amount of injurys he has suffered he may also have a shorter playing time at the very top so it would not surprise at all if he decides to leave.

Mate, can you go one fudging week without shoehorning a Levy criticism into your posts?!

Went two weeks when we signed Ndombele. Best I can do. :p

Edit: still interested to hear your thoughts on Levy spending £150m+ on players this season, now the stadium’s been built.

In my eyes, it's just the same spending that he had utterly avoided for the 18 barren, desperate months before that.

Will he spend this summer? If we end up with a significant net spend, consider me pacified. Hell, if we do all our business (and I mean all of it - every required player of appreciable quality in) before pre-season begins, consider me pacified - even if we then sell to recoup the loss.

Ultimately, the real problem with Levy and ENIc is that they are largely useless makeweights given that they put nothing into the club - especially now that FFP's dead. But, ignoring that, they would at least be so much better with just a hint of decisiveness, getting things done early, buying quality players and backing his managers instead of pushing the signing of a raw kid from relegated Fulham all the way to the final day to save a penny or two.

In my eyes, it's just the same spending that he had utterly avoided for the 18 barren, desperate months before that.

Will he spend this summer? If we end up with a significant net spend, consider me pacified. Hell, if we do all our business (and I mean all of it - every required player of appreciable quality in) before pre-season begins, consider me pacified - even if we then sell to recoup the loss.

Ultimately, the real problem with Levy and ENIc is that they are largely useless makeweights given that they put nothing into the club - especially now that FFP's dead. But, ignoring that, they would at least be so much better with just a hint of decisiveness, getting things done early, buying quality players and backing his managers instead of pushing the signing of a raw kid from relegated Fulham all the way to the final day to save a penny or two.
Where would their money come from to put into it now?
Isn’t THFC their only investment left?

Where would their money come from to put into it now?
Isn’t THFC their only investment left?

In football? Dunno how their equally mundane ownership of Slavia Prague, PAOK and other teams is going, or if it even is.

But Joe Lewis has a few billion sitting around outside of football that he got by shorting the pound on Black Wednesday. And if Stan fudging Kroenke can buy Arsenal's stadium debt in what is effectively a large, instant cash injection...well, you can fill in the gaps, I'm sure.

If not, there's always speculating to accumulate - buy the players Mourinho needs first, then flog Ndombele and the other deadweights to recoup the losses. Note - *after* you get the players Mourinho needs in for pre-season.

In football? Dunno how their equally mundane ownership of Slavia Prague, PAOK and other teams is going, or if it even is.

But Joe Lewis has a few billion sitting around outside of football that he got by shorting the pound on Black Wednesday. And if Stan fudging Kroenke can buy Arsenal's stadium debt in what is effectively a large, instant cash injection...well, you can fill in the gaps, I'm sure.

If not, there's always speculating to accumulate - buy the players Mourinho needs first, then flog Ndombele and the other deadweights to recoup the losses. Note - *after* you get the players Mourinho needs in for pre-season.
Hasn’t Kronke josh taken the cash the club had to ha w as part of the loan and used that to pay the debt?
Lewis as has been said so many times has no interest in footy and has his money tied up in numerous investments so qs I said why would be plough his money in ( he has already made 2000% on his investment if not double that)

Just asking, is your retirement plan to win the lottery?

Can I assume you are buying multiple tickets in advance on credit that you pay back, note, after you win?

Doesn’t sound like a great plan to me...

Fair enough, will also be interested to see what this summer is like!

Just asking, is your retirement plan to win the lottery?

Can I assume you are buying multiple tickets in advance on credit that you pay back, note, after you win?

Doesn’t sound like a great plan to me...

Ha! As a recently penniless millennial, my retirement plan remains to go out in a fiery blaze of booze and birds in some town in Mexico. :p

It's funny how people use the 'won the lottery' analogy, though. When Chelsea or City get bought by ambitious (if bloody-handed) owners, they've 'won the lottery'. When FSG makes a reasonable investment and reaps massive rewards for their considered risks, though...is that winning the lottery?

If I take a student loan of $30,000 to get a second Master's degree to improve my qualifications, would that be me 'gambling on winning the lottery'? It's improving myself - not in terms of quantifiable assets, but with an education, which I guess would be the closest analogue to improving your football team to get you better odds of success.

Ha! As a recently penniless millennial, my retirement plan remains to go out in a fiery blaze of booze and birds in some town in Mexico. :p

It's funny how people use the 'won the lottery' analogy, though. When Chelsea or City get bought by ambitious (if bloody-handed) owners, they've 'won the lottery'. When FSG makes a reasonable investment and reaps massive rewards for their considered risks, though...is that winning the lottery?

If I take a student loan of $30,000 to get a second Master's degree to improve my qualifications, would that be me 'gambling on winning the lottery'? It's improving myself - not in terms of quantifiable assets, but with an education, which I guess would be the closest analogue to improving your football team to get you better odds of success.

That all depends on how you calculate the ROI of that degree, how long does it take you to cover the cost of all spends in additional earnings related to the improved qualifications?

It's not winning the lottery, but it is a gamble. Gambling isn't good business.

That all depends on how you calculate the ROI of that degree, how long does it take you to cover the cost of all spends in additional earnings related to the improved qualifications?

Is a government when they plan to invest in infrastructure for the future gambling?

I know a few spurs fans who wont go to spirs while Mourinho is here because of the style of play. Investing in the squad might not be a bad idea.

Is a government when they plan to invest in infrastructure for the future gambling?

I know a few spurs fans who wont go to spirs while Mourinho is here because of the style of play. Investing in the squad might not be a bad idea.

Not if the project has been researched, planned and budgeted correctly.

Which is how we sign players.

I'd say that DubaiSpur investing in a degree is much more comparable to the infrastructure investment the club has undertaken anyway tbqh

I absolutely love the 1st goal he scored against Leicester. It's probably in my top 3 Kane goals even if it wasn't in a crucial game, just due to the attitude displayed alongside the technical ability. What a player.

Interesting montage as it highlights in particular the often derided Sissoko and Lamela winning the ball back and then setting something up. Without Eriksen knitting things together or Dele hitting top form we've desperately needed the contribution of those two players, even if they may be upgradable.

Back