• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this summer?

What will be our net spend this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we will spend big this summer. I think Mourinho will have been promised a budget from Levy. Naturally, there will be a lot of downplaying, but given that we need 4+ new players and each player is likely to cost £15m+ (Assuming a transfer fee, rather than signing an out of contract player), then that’s a minimum of £60m. So then add in extra for a big signing and £100m+
In addition to this, Manchester United and Chelsea are spending big, so unless we identify bargain signings then there’s a level of spending that will be required to at least keep close in the competitive race for top 4 places.

I think we will spend big this summer. I think Mourinho will have been promised a budget from Levy. Naturally, there will be a lot of downplaying, but given that we need 4+ new players and each player is likely to cost £15m+ (Assuming a transfer fee, rather than signing an out of contract player), then that’s a minimum of £60m. So then add in extra for a big signing and £100m+
In addition to this, Manchester United and Chelsea are spending big, so unless we identify bargain signings then there’s a level of spending that will be required to at least keep close in the competitive race for top 4 places.

:confused:

We will see what happens...maybe I’m trying to be optimistic for once which is totally out of character.

You've voted for £100m on top of what we get from sales. I cannot see that when we have had to get emergency loans from the BoE.

Unless we get some crazy offers for our dead wood, I'd say 25-50 million wasn't too far off.

With touted moves for Skriniar, Ruben Dias, and Milik still in the air...I think there’s a reasonable chance that we will spend a lot more than many predicted

With touted moves for Skriniar, Ruben Dias, and Milik still in the air...I think there’s a reasonable chance that we will spend a lot more than many predicted
Or still feel disappointed! Are these rumours setting unrealistic expectations as I’m pretty sure a either of those and Milik would give us a universally happy fan base!! Unless we sold Kane to finance it all!!

Back