• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Interesting what we’re going to do to raise funds in general though.

We obviously have £15m available based on the bid for PEH. Although if we are discussing selling KWP to them, then the actual figure available may be less if we’ve accounted for those incoming funds as well!

Beyond KWP, Rose is toast so we’ll be expecting some pocket change from the geordies for him (as he’s said he’d like to stay there).

CCV, Georgiou and Amos need to move on this summer.

So really it’s just Foyth left on the vulnerable list, apart from whether we would do bigger deals to cash in on Ndombele and/or Sissoko.

I cannot see anyone else moving on - what do you all think though?

I could see Lamela moving on as well. Mourinho does seem to like him though, probably likes the energy and the workrate. I've always been a fan of Lamela and think he's a good squad player but in what 6/7 years what's he really done. Performs well at times but isn't consistent - I think if a bid of say £15M+ came in then we should look to take it.

I could see Lamela moving on as well. Mourinho does seem to like him though, probably likes the energy and the workrate. I've always been a fan of Lamela and think he's a good squad player but in what 6/7 years what's he really done. Performs well at times but isn't consistent - I think if a bid of say £15M+ came in then we should look to take it.

Sell Lamela and Aurier I think - the question is whether you can find takers for them

I say flog the lot in a wholesale change, Mourinho to work with the youth team, Danny laughs all the way to the bank

I thought Lamela, Aurier, Lucas, and Sissoko would all move on if it was up to me. However Jose seems to love them and rely on them, so I left them off the likely leaving list for that reason. Clearly, if we got a £30m bid for anyone of them, then bye bye, but unlikely I reckon! :)

I thought Lamela, Aurier, Lucas, and Sissoko would all move on if it was up to me. However Jose seems to love them and rely on them, so I left them off the likely leaving list for that reason. Clearly, if we got a £30m bid for anyone of them, then bye bye, but unlikely I reckon! :)

I don't see how that's clear in the case of Moura.

The Aurier issue - who would you guys see as an improvement on him that we could buy this summer?
My gran?

No, wait, she's dead.

Seriously though, Aurier has been getting assists recently. Still a long way to go before I change my opinion of him, but maybe it is possible for a system with him on the left to work.

My gran?

No, wait, she's dead.

Seriously though, Aurier has been getting assists recently. Still a long way to go before I change my opinion of him, but maybe it is possible for a system with him on the left to work.
On the left???!!

Sounds like a summary of what most fans think tbh, nothing groundbreaking there in the slightest.

Personally, I think we will be alright with the current centre backs we have at the club. I'd sell Aurier and bring in both Castagne and Aarons, we can sell Davies the next year if Cirkin or Sessegnon are ready to step up (Castagne can play both left and right back comfortably). Sell Sissoko and Lamela and then bring in Hojbjerg and a young talented forward like Eze alongside Wilson from Bournemouth.

All that can be done realistically for around a £20-30m net spend if we can sell KWP, Rose, Aurier, Foyth, Sissoko, Lamela and loan players like Amos and CCV.

Back