• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Max Aarons

I thought that Mukiele was a centre back?

£30 million isn't too bad a price for Aarons but I wonder whether there might be better value in signing either Nathan Ferguson from WBA or Jayden Bogle from Derby. Aarons is probably a year ahead of Bogle and 2 years ahead of Ferguson in his development but the upside is just as high with the other two players (IMO Bogle has the highest ceiling of the three).

If we have limited money to spend (as I think we will have for a good few windows) then I'm not sure we can be spending £30 million on new full backs.
Do Ferguson and Bogle look ready to start at EPL level?

As I’d like Aurier to have some competition at RB/RWB for latter half of season and ain’t sure whether Foyth is in Mourinho’s plans for that flank whilst Walker-Peters development looks to have long since stalled.

I think Premier league clubs are so wealthy now that we can no longer buy players from this league unless the club don't want them. I'd like Aarons but don't think he'll be in our price range.

Tottenham remain interested in Norwich's Max Aarons and RB Leipzig's Nordi Mukiele as they look to strengthen at right-back.

Spurs were keen on Aarons in the summer after they sold Kieran Trippier to Atletico Madrid and were looking at Mukiele before he joined Leipzig from Montpellier in 2018.

The club have continued to monitor the development of both players and right full-back has become a priority for new head coach Jose Mourinho, with his team leaking goals in the Premier League.

They face competition for Aarons, however, with Everton, West Ham and Arsenal joining the 19-year-old's list of admirers - and he would be available for around £30m.

The Gunners are not willing to splash out on big transfer fees, however, having spent around £150m on new players in the summer, with new additions described as "unlikely".

Reports the former England youth international Aarons, who has played all but two of Norwich's games this season and was the EFL's Young Player of the Year last term, will cost up to £45m are understood to be wide of the mark.

France U21 international Mukiele, meanwhile, has impressed at right-back for Leipzig as they have stormed to the top of the Bundesliga this season and they are keen to keep hold of their best players in pursuit of a first German league title.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ichs-max-aarons-and-rb-leipzigs-nordi-mukiele

While I think Aarons is a good player, at this moment in time we need physical presence in the team.

When we were at our peak, we had the following players in our team:

Walker - fast and strong ( now gone)
Rose - fast and strong ( now decrepit)
Toby - physically strong ( now, not so much )
Verts - physically strong ( now , not so much)
Wanyama - a beast, ( now broken)
Dier - physically strong ( now broken)
Dembele - another beast ( now gone)
Dele - tall and put himself about ( now flicks and tricks)
Kane - tall and pressed like a dervish ( now, not so much)
Lamela - ( when fit) reinvented himself as a midfield warrior ( now, not so much)

With that power and strength in the team, we used to simply steamroller teams . Now we simply don't have the physical strength to do so. Our transfer strategy should be geared towards buying players with physical power, strength and speed.

While I think Aarons is a good player, at this moment in time we need physical presence in the team.

When we were at our peak, we had the following players in our team:

Walker - fast and strong ( now gone)
Rose - fast and strong ( now decrepit)
Toby - physically strong ( now, not so much )
Verts - physically strong ( now , not so much)
Wanyama - a beast, ( now broken)
Dier - physically strong ( now broken)
Dembele - another beast ( now gone)
Dele - tall and put himself about ( now flicks and tricks)
Kane - tall and pressed like a dervish ( now, not so much)
Lamela - ( when fit) reinvented himself as a midfield warrior ( now, not so much)

With that power and strength in the team, we used to simply steamroller teams . Now we simply don't have the physical strength to do so. Our transfer strategy should be geared towards buying players with physical power, strength and speed.

I think Aarons fits the bill on that front, certainly compared to our current RB options.

£30m for a bright young English full back from another Premier League club actually sounds quite reasonable to me.

I agree, and I could see Levy paying that. I'm sceptical whether Norwich would actually sell for £30m though

perhaps the 2 chairman have already agreed for KWP plus cash and KWP hardly play to protect from injuries .....

Competition from Bayern Munich.

Bayern Munich are prepared to pay €20m (£18.3m) to sign Norwich right-back Max Aarons, according to Sky in Germany.

The 20-year-old had an impressive season for the Canaries, despite their relegation straight back to the Sky Bet Championship, playing 40 times for them in all competitions.

Bayern, who claimed their eighth consecutive Bundesliga title this season, want to sign a young back-up for Benjamin Pavard.

Bayer Leverkusen are also understood to be interested in England U21 international Aarons, who played a key role for Norwich as they gained promotion to the Premier League in 2018/19.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...o-sign-max-aarons-from-norwich-city-for-18-3m

Hopefully the fee they are willing to pay proves to be a stumbling block.

100% this would be a Levy signing rather than the manager, young, talented with a potential of a massive sell on fee

News game. Footballer or sex toy.
Item #4 on the West Ham Directors’ Budgeting Meeting
West-Ham-790245.jpg

Back