• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Kane is pretty quick, certainly now that he's regained his fitness. I like Pukki, he had a great first half of the season but he's a bad fit for us.

First yard is in the head and all that. And in that sense Pukki is fast. I think he simply tired and then fell away. Which is why I think he could be a good backup. Movement and finishing are more important for a CF than pace. Wide players need speed more - to get around FBs. Ultimately, we either get creative and sign cost effective players who can have an impact...or it's unlikely we can afford them. Unlikely we can get a £40m CF on high wages. What you get with Pukki is an experienced player who will provide great movement, will finish chances and who doesn't cost much at all.

Last edited:
If we want to look at someone from Palace to help rotate with Kane and can play the other positions then Jordan Ayew has more than upped his all round game this season. He has shown he can do that CF role on his own.

Unbelievably Palace paid Swansea £2.5m for him this time last year (wiki)

If you’re looking at Palace for potential striker options Norwegian Alexander Sorloth scored 23 in 33 on loan at Trabzonspor. 31 in 47 in all comps.
Scored more than his parent clubs players combined!

If you’re looking at Palace for potential striker options Norwegian Alexander Sorloth scored 23 in 33 on loan at Trabzonspor. 31 in 47 in all comps.
Scored more than his parent clubs players combined!
Think Palace have f.cked themselves with the terms of his loan. ie he won't be coming back

Looks like Thomas Partey is available for €50m. Would be very close to the top of my list for a top class DM.

It looks like we need to spread our funds on two or three, so appear unable to do this deal or Soumare.

Its why we are going for PEH. Hopefully PEH proves to be a steal.

Interesting what we’re going to do to raise funds in general though.

We obviously have £15m available based on the bid for PEH. Although if we are discussing selling KWP to them, then the actual figure available may be less if we’ve accounted for those incoming funds as well!

Beyond KWP, Rose is toast so we’ll be expecting some pocket change from the geordies for him (as he’s said he’d like to stay there).

CCV, Georgiou and Amos need to move on this summer.

So really it’s just Foyth left on the vulnerable list, apart from whether we would do bigger deals to cash in on Ndombele and/or Sissoko.

I cannot see anyone else moving on - what do you all think though?

It looks like we need to spread our funds on two or three, so appear unable to do this deal or Soumare.

Its why we are going for PEH. Hopefully PEH proves to be a steal.

Agreed, and given the dynamics of this summer, I'd be be very happy with 3-4 signings in the £10m - £25m bracket - something like Kim, Castagne, PEH...and the icing on the cake would be a back-up CF or someone who can bring some creativity in the final third

Back