• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

For a player who has shown immediate ability to cope with premier league football and essentially be our best right back option, haggling over 250k-500k (depending if we are talking 5k or 10k a week) a year is ridiculous. That’s my point. Our wage bill percentage is completely in check.
1) We don't know how much the haggling was over, or if pay was the sticking point at all
2) Turns out it's been done in plenty of time. Almost like there was no problem worth getting het up about

What a lovely video and a well brought up young man. His main priority was securing financial security for his family; compare that to other players who dash out and buy a pink Range Rover.

And those clips reminded me of what a Rolls Royce of a player he is, very nice.

1) We don't know how much the haggling was over, or if pay was the sticking point at all
2) Turns out it's been done in plenty of time. Almost like there was no problem worth getting het up about

I wouldn't say I was getting het up about it, thanks for your concern though.

IF the figures we are talking about are as low as indicated, i.e. 10-20k a week (which is about a goal bonus for one of our first team in the league let alone Champions League) the idea of Levy haggling so hard to keep it 15k instead of 20k a week is my issue. Nothing more, nothing less. As for those on this board who are adamant that look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves, get real, this is a Premier League football club, we spend more on washing the tablecloths in the cheese room a week.

ps. I know the cheese room got axed in the final stadium.

I wouldn't say I was getting het up about it, thanks for your concern though.

IF the figures we are talking about are as low as indicated, i.e. 10-20k a week (which is about a goal bonus for one of our first team in the league let alone Champions League) the idea of Levy haggling so hard to keep it 15k instead of 20k a week is my issue. Nothing more, nothing less. As for those on this board who are adamant that look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves, get real, this is a Premier League football club, we spend more on washing the tablecloths in the cheese room a week.

ps. I know the cheese room got axed in the final stadium.

I think the financial impact of the pandemic is going to hit an awful lot of clubs very hard and mean very many formerly routine decisions and negotiations take on a different hue.

I think the financial impact of the pandemic is going to hit an awful lot of clubs very hard and mean very many formerly routine decisions and negotiations take on a different hue.

Fair enough, the world in general is looking in a terrible situation economically. We did just blow a billion on a concert venue in a pandemic. Having a decent right back though will save us a fortune in Aurier's mistakes.

I knew he was injured at the back end of last season but unsure why we haven't seen him at all in pre-season yet

I knew he was injured at the back end of last season but unsure why we haven't seen him at all in pre-season yet
I think I heard something about a set-back during his recovery, and that it would take longer than expected for him to return.

What's the story on Tanganga? How long's he out for?

I've said numerous times that CB is the only position I worry for us. Toby's on the way down and Dier/Sanchez are too error prone to be a pair. I'm really hopeful we can sign Skriniar and put him next to Japhet and have a no-nonsense pair of brick brickhouses that'll click and dominate the opposition the way Jose defences dominate. Dier or Sanchez as cover would be decent. I guess the problem is that we need to sign Skriniar first and it could take a while for him and Japhet to click given that they're both young and haven't played together before.

What's the story on Tanganga? How long's he out for?

I've said numerous times that CB is the only position I worry for us. Toby's on the way down and Dier/Sanchez are too error prone to be a pair. I'm really hopeful we can sign Skriniar and put him next to Japhet and have a no-nonsense pair of brick brickhouses that'll click and dominate the opposition the way Jose defences dominate. Dier or Sanchez as cover would be decent. I guess the problem is that we need to sign Skriniar first and it could take a while for him and Japhet to click given that they're both young and haven't played together before.

I am not as down on Dier /Sanchez as some of our fans, but i must admit it will be good to see Japhet back and to see how he progresses as he seems to be a natural player.

Back