• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*TOTTENHAM vs Palace* Official OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bar Moura starting, I think Mourinho was working his way around to the same starting 11 as Poch. Toby and Sanchez look the best CBs. Aurier and Rose probably the best FBs. Sissoko and Winks the best CMs of a wide and average (even if promising) bunch. Son, Kane, LeCelco.

To think last summer we were looking at Bruno Fernandez and Grealish. Two player that would have bolstered our midfield. We’d still have need a Hojberg-like signing but we’d be CL level.

The biggest challenge is selling our decent players for decent money so we can start upgrading.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
You said the word best but yet had the name Sissoko in the same sentence. [emoji848] Does not compute.

I hope Jose has analysed the game since the restart and since he took over and comes to the realisation that players like Davies, Sissoko, Sanchez aren’t good enough if we want to challenge again. They’re squad players IMO, not starters. And I know Dier is a favourite on here and some see him as a future captain (I don’t personally) but I don’t think he’s answer at CB. Happy for him to play in a back three but or as a backup but we don’t look any more solid with him in the defence than without. I don’t think we missed him when he was out if I’m honest. You need players like him around the squad I accept that but we need better if we want to progress. Although I think Jose likes him.

Please, please not Dier AND Sanchez next season as the main CB’s.

You said the word best but yet had the name Sissoko in the same sentence. [emoji848] Does not compute.

I think it just highlights our lack of genuine quality in CM. Sissok is - lets face it - the best of an average bunch. We have a lot of decent, but no stand out midfielders. Two managers have settled on the same 2. Was good to see the Hojbjerg links as Mourinho also clearly thinks its the first part of the team that needs an upgrade.

Well right now we are in the Group Stages. If Arsenal win the FA Cup we drop into the 2nd Qualifying Round which used to start in July. GHod knows how it all works next season

edit: If relevant. 2nd Qual Round is 17th Sept (One leg) 3rd Qual is 24th (One leg)

I don’t think European football is going to be as normal next season. Winning the EL could happen after playing a lot fewer games, once the winter and a second big spike in Covid kicks in.

We have made a really poor Palace side riddled with injuries look good. We had a whole weeks rest and looked tired as anything. Really poor by Mourinho today. . No excuses.

I'm finding it embarrassing..... Palace on seven defeats on the trot, a decimated back line and, the added bonus of a twelfth minute Harry Kane goal and we serve up that rubbish...

I suspect Jose will secretly be hoping the crowd lockout will be extended for many months into the new season..

Phew. Underwhelming end to a truly terrible season, but in the end, we've finished in the top 6 again for what, the 11th time in a row? It's become the minimum, and we met it.

Bit put out by how poorly we played in the second half, mind - struggled to recover mentally after that equalizer. Also tinkled off that Sanchez was dropped for Dier - he was performing well in a good defense, why replace him? Dier lost Dann for headers about twenty times today, and lost him for the equalizer as well. Dele looked...well, beyond crap in the time he was on, but I have very low expectations of him right now.

Ah, well. Get a proper midfielder in for Sissoko, get a proper right-back in for Aurier, and we'll hopefully look better in September.

Sanchez was clearing loads in the air and moping up plenty on the ground.. No way did he deserve to be the one player dropped..

Sanchez was clearing loads in the air and moping up plenty on the ground.. No way did he deserve to be the one player dropped..

I didn’t understand either. And I’m not a fan of Sanchez. I’m hoping Jose has decided it has to be Toby with either Dier or Sanchez. Toby is old and not quite what he used to be but he’s steadier than the other two and has more experience. Dier and Sanchez both have mistakes in them.

I didn’t understand either. And I’m not a fan of Sanchez. I’m hoping Jose has decided it has to be Toby with either Dier or Sanchez. Toby is old and not quite what he used to be but he’s steadier than the other two and has more experience. Dier and Sanchez both have mistakes in them.

I am hoping really that Tanganga will end up being one of our long term CB replacements. He certainly seems to have the tools. Would stop us having to drop a lot of money on a defender this summer.

I feel Toby/Sanchez is a better balance than a Toby/Dier combo...

Dier is Toby like, whilst Tanganga is a Sanchez replacement...

I feel Toby/Sanchez is a better balance than a Toby/Dier combo...

Dier is Toby like, whilst Tanganga is a Sanchez replacement...

Agreed with this. You always kind of what one of the CB's to be dominant in the air and very organized. And the other to be fast and able to cover the quick attacks etc. Does not always work out like that but it seems to be a general plan with most good partnerships in the Premier League.

My Saints supporting mate did say he thought Hojbjerg was a similar player to Sissoko... he said a quintissential Hojbjerg experience was winning a tackle on the edge of his own box, sprinting forward with the ball, playing a simple pass a couple of yards behind his teammate, eventually receiving the return, and then blasting a shot into row Z from outside the area :eek:

My Saints supporting mate did say he thought Hojbjerg was a similar player to Sissoko... he said a quintissential Hojbjerg experience was winning a tackle on the edge of his own box, sprinting forward with the ball, playing a simple pass a couple of yards behind his teammate, eventually receiving the return, and then blasting a shot into row Z from outside the area :eek:
There's something slightly worrying about his stats that point to that.

His deep progression is high - very high for a deep lying midfielder. But his xGBuildup is low - not Sissoko low, obviously - but low all the same.

That could mean that SCBC's entire forward line is utter dogbrick and just Sissokos everything he gives them (not an unreasonable assumption) or it could mean that he's really good at getting the ball into the final third and then just bricks the bed.

So it could be that Jose genuinely wants two players for each key position? :D

I guess you could compare it to the pairing of Alonso and Khedira at Madrid...in the same way that a latrine trench compares to the Grand Canyon in that they're both technically valleys. :p

:D:D:D

Hey. If he wins something pairing them, I will not expect to be reading complaints from some here!!!

Back