• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Players like Jan and Hugo will always have a place in my hall of fame, players that could have left and at times were possibly
too good for us but stayed with us.

When you look at the money city paid for some donkeys at cb Jan could have left us and fortunes and medals.

Goodbye and good luck super Jan.

I hope we’ve kept some DNA. Very versatile player, good open-play goal-scorer, so definitely worth cloning for future exhibition “dream of a team of” matches.

It will be disappointing if we let Vertonghen go.
I don't think we're letting him go. It doesn't look like it. It seems like it's his own decision to move on. Tremendous player for us. Always dependable, and some stand out moments at both ends of the pitch. One of the best CB we've ever had, imo. The pair of Vertongen and Alderweireld is definitely the best CB partnership we've had, even surpassing Ledley and Woodgate.

I wonder if he'll end up in Italy.
The Inter Milan retirement home?

I got the impression we wouldn’t offer him the length of contract he wanted initially and I wonder if he had a Gary Neville moment this where He realised the league had just gotten too fast to him. His downturn in form seemed to happen so quickly I hoped it was down to a injury he was carrying, but the Athletic reported he was close to tears after a poor cup game vs SCBC.

I think Italy or back to his homeland at Ajax would be fitting, especially if he can pick up a trophy.

Thanks for everything Jan, even the extension you signed at the end showed how you felt about the club and the feeling is mutual. Hope we see him back in a playoff capacity at a full NWHL, we beat the team he plays for and we can him the vocal sendoff and appreciation he deserved.

Sad to see him go, as I was one of his biggest fans. He gave us his best years though, and was a great and loyal performer for us over a number of years. I'm certain he is a player and man that every Spurs fan will remember fondly for what he has done for the club. I would love to see him back in some capacity in the future. He seems like the coaching type.

Sad to see him go, as I was one of his biggest fans. He gave us his best years though, and was a great and loyal performer for us over a number of years. I'm certain he is a player and man that every Spurs fan will remember fondly for what he has done for the club. I would love to see him back in some capacity in the future. He seems like the coaching type.
Never the strongest or the quickest. Figured out how to defend against some of the best around regardless. Great technique and also managed to use that to good effect.

If he can teach some of these things and wants to be a coach he'd be more than welcome I imagine.

I don't think we're letting him go. It doesn't look like it. It seems like it's his own decision to move on. Tremendous player for us. Always dependable, and some stand out moments at both ends of the pitch. One of the best CB we've ever had, imo. The pair of Vertongen and Alderweireld is definitely the best CB partnership we've had, even surpassing Ledley and Woodgate.
It's difficult to compare to King and Woodgate, in part because they played so few games together. In terms of quality at their best i think it's fairly close. In terms of impact on the team and club there's no doubt.

Sad to see him go but it's time. Lots of good memories and he was always loyal.

The biggest tribute I can pay Jan is that Tactics Tim didn't rate him.

Back