• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

NO,NO,NO, such a overated player who spends more time on his arse then on his feet, and usually whineing to the ref.
Part of my problem with him before was that he mainly looked a very good counter attacking player. Of course he can do things against settled teams, but where he excels (imo) was on the break.

Assuming that we're going to continue playing more of our games on the break that would make him a better fit. The question becomes if he's willing to and able to defend at much and well as Mourinho demands. I'm not sure.

Either way I think he will only move for big money. Money we don't have, while we have way more pressing needs elsewhere.

Part of my problem with him before was that he mainly looked a very good counter attacking player. Of course he can do things against settled teams, but where he excels (imo) was on the break.

Assuming that we're going to continue playing more of our games on the break that would make him a better fit. The question becomes if he's willing to and able to defend at much and well as Mourinho demands. I'm not sure.

Either way I think he will only move for big money. Money we don't have, while we have way more pressing needs elsewhere.

Zaha won't move for big money because clubs only pay big money on big money players, Zaha is far from that.

Absolutely zero chance we'll be signing Zaha. We won't pay the price they want....thankfully. Think he's vastly over-rated

We need to be quite creative and sign a few affordable players that will make a difference next season. While Pukki is 30, he's the kind of experienced player who will put the ball in the back on the net, that we need. Wouldn't cost much, could play with Kane or be subbed on for him, and he is a proper striker and finisher. I wouldn't mind us signing a more experienced forward. Someone who can make an impact and has experience.

I was thinking we’ll end up with Deeney. I guess it will depend if he wants to play football or is happy being a bit part player. But then again at 32 he could probably pick up decent money from us for 2 years.

Assuming we sign a striker I guess Parrott will be out on loan. Be interesting to see where he ends up. I’d guess championship. Could always be used as makeweight for a Deeney or Wilson in a loan sense not permanent. Is he up to the standard of top end of the Championship though?
Deeney? Not one I've ever thought of for us, but actually, he could work. Not exactly a glamour signing, but very experienced, more than able to rough up defenders, win the ball, give us another option from the bench. A c*nt on the pitch and a gent off it. As you say, depends on whether he wants game time and would settle for Spurs wages (as opposed to bigger money from a club like West Ham).

Am I right in thinking he's a Spurs fan?

We need to be quite creative and sign a few affordable players that will make a difference next season. While Pukki is 30, he's the kind of experienced player who will put the ball in the back on the net, that we need. Wouldn't cost much, could play with Kane or be subbed on for him, and he is a proper striker and finisher. I wouldn't mind us signing a more experienced forward. Someone who can make an impact and has experience.

What happened with Pukki recently? He vanished after the lockdown and has hardly featured!

We do need someone who can dribble a bit but I think the Zaha ship has sailed, would cost a huge amount of money and I don't think he'd ever live up to the price tag. A talented player no doubt but not someone who would really transform our team or in a position we are desperate for with Son, Moura, Lamela and Bergwin.

If we want to look at someone from Palace to help rotate with Kane and can play the other positions then Jordan Ayew has more than upped his all round game this season. He has shown he can do that CF role on his own.

Unbelievably Palace paid Swansea £2.5m for him this time last year (wiki)

he’s so so slow, excellent movement though.

Easy to mark out of games when your a loan striker at cannon fodder

I kind of like that. He has an excellent goals to games ratio, so his ability to find the corner of the net is what sees him score (rather than pace). In that sense he's a tiny bit like Kane. And of course, he'd be cheap. Not playing every game he'd be fresh too.

Otherwise, you look for the next Raul Jimenez but do we have the cash to strengthen our midfield, FBs and sign a £30m+ striker on high wages?

Not much use if we plan to continue playing on the break though

Kane isn't the fastest, Sherringham makes Pukki look rapid, but yes I get you. Still I'd take a natural finisher over a rapid player who can't finish.

Kane is pretty quick, certainly now that he's regained his fitness. I like Pukki, he had a great first half of the season but he's a bad fit for us.

Pukki is not the answer, he scored a hatful in the Championship last season which makes his stats stand out but struggled this season. If we do go for a stand in for Kane we need better.

Back