• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight for Europa

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a team start in the 3rd or 4th qualifying round? We must have a quite a decent Euro coefficient yet we have to start off (potentially) in the 2nd round?

I'm just repeating what I've read. I don't think that any teams come in at the later qualifying rounds. Coefficient will help us with ceding at the group stage, not qualification.

I hate the Europa prefer to be out of it and have a fresh crack at 4th and cups
I guarantee participation will be moaned about next season, either fans, Jose, both.

Many appear to be joyous about the achievement. Not sure if that is because we've rescued something (anything) from this season, whether Jose has says we'll go for it or they've forgotten how we hated/ridiculed the tournament in seasons past?

We need to win something BUT the EL is probably one of the hardest to win. And if you don't get over the line don't expect to turnaround and it not to have had an affect on the rest of your season.

I'm just repeating what I've read. I don't think that any teams come in at the later qualifying rounds. Coefficient will help us with ceding at the group stage, not qualification.

Qualification rounds is based on country ranking.

I think that the Europa will be slightly less of a handicap next season than normal. The compressed season means that the CL group stage will be player consecutive weeks too. You still have the extra round in the Europa and obviously, avoiding the qualifying rounds would be a real bonus

I guarantee participation will be moaned about next season, either fans, Jose, both.

Many appear to be joyous about the achievement. Not sure if that is because we've rescued something (anything) from this season, whether Jose has says we'll go for it or they've forgotten how we hated/ridiculed the tournament in seasons past?

We need to win something BUT the EL is probably one of the hardest to win. And if you don't get over the line don't expect to turnaround and it not to have had an affect on the rest of your season.

2 poor teams in Arsenal and Chelsea got to the final last season - an English side should be capable of going all the way in the EL.

I think that the Europa will be slightly less of a handicap next season than normal. The compressed season means that the CL group stage will be player consecutive weeks too. You still have the extra round in the Europa and obviously, avoiding the qualifying rounds would be a real bonus

Seems there is Tue/wed games as well?

win the home games and send kids to away games and you go through

Exactly. Just need to mix and match - I'd like to see us only starting say 3 or 4 on the Thurs (max) who are also going to start on the Sunday

It's the sundays that do it for me. Sunday has always been our family day. Then in after the dinner my son does his own thing, the wife watches her crap and i watch the Sunday evening European games.

Thursdays and Saturdays to play the European equivalent of the league cup. Na not for me.

Also it detracts from the Important competition for me which is the prem

Last edited:
It'd be good if it gives some of the youth players minutes. It played a big part in helping Kane break into the first team.

Not just the players though. If Mourinho has the spare time to prep for and attend a meaningless B team match in the arse end of nowhere then he isn't working hard enough.

Small time trophy...

B5BABF0E-09BE-4A27-9232-2B1D19787C88.jpeg
11979A6A-CC04-4D1C-B559-1AB0D8C8A301.jpeg
D6A2C4C7-8F30-41B9-B569-C8608D3203C4.jpeg

Not just the players though. If Mourinho has the spare time to prep for and attend a meaningless B team match in the arse end of nowhere then he isn't working hard enough.

Its Jose, he’ll have already compiled detailed reports on all possible opponents for the next decade.

Jose will do a better job than we are used to seeing of rotation for these games too.

Its Jose, he’ll have already compiled detailed reports on all possible opponents for the next decade.

Jose will do a better job than we are used to seeing of rotation for these games too.

This is the one saving grace about this situation because i dont feel we have ever had a manager who took it seriously.

I do enjoy the fact that the man who left his family at home to go and live full time at our training ground during the pandemic, is classed as not working hard enough by Scara.

Again, another wonderful insight into life as an employee of Scara inc, and why there is probably no ‘manager of the month’ or ‘Times Best places to Work’ awards heading that way anytime during a certain persons tenure! :D:D:D

I do enjoy the fact that the man who left his family at home to go and live full time at our training ground during the pandemic, is classed as not working hard enough by Scara.

Again, another wonderful insight into life as an employee of Scara inc, and why there is probably no ‘manager of the month’ or ‘Times Best places to Work’ awards heading that way anytime during a certain persons tenure! :D:D:D
Popbitch said:
>> Big Questions <<
Who's asking what this week?

While most footballers have behaved pretty well during lockdown, which club should have been paying special attention to their manager? Choosing to spend his time at a shagpad rather than the family home, neighbours were amused by all the female comings and goings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back