• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*TOTTENHAM vs Palace* Official OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will be playing a nuanced version of this for a while. Get used to it!

He grinds results. We will become grinders. Harry just admitted the game management changed with knowing the score at Chelski.

there is nothing wrong with this at all.

why leave ourselves open to counter.

Phew. Underwhelming end to a truly terrible season, but in the end, we've finished in the top 6 again for what, the 11th time in a row? It's become the minimum, and we met it.

Bit put out by how poorly we played in the second half, mind - struggled to recover mentally after that equalizer. Also tinkled off that Sanchez was dropped for Dier - he was performing well in a good defense, why replace him? Dier lost Dann for headers about twenty times today, and lost him for the equalizer as well. Dele looked...well, beyond crap in the time he was on, but I have very low expectations of him right now.

Ah, well. Get a proper midfielder in for Sissoko, get a proper right-back in for Aurier, and we'll hopefully look better in September.

It is a sad situation with Dele. He is -to my eyes- such a wonderfully talented and skillful player when at full tilt and right in and around Kane, but I simply cannot see a Mourinho system he fits into.

I had lower expectations for all of those, what with the limitations on our squad and rivals of real strength.

That’s a fair argument but we went from 1990 to 2005 without ever finishing top 6. We’ve finished top 6 again this year despite being horrible. We’ve finished ahead of Woolwich. I’m very disappointed with it but I’ve had worse times supporting Spurs even when you factor in expectation.

Agree. 76/77 Relegated takes some beating and 96/97 Sheringham Top Scorer with 8....

I'd say '76/'77 was pretty awful, '93 was pretty dire (Samways Oldham miracle hahahahaha), '97/98 was brick too...we've had a few ugly ones. Honestly though? I still think the choke of 2012 -when we were tilting for the title at Xmas and derailed to fail to guarantee top 4- was a massive, massive disappointment.

Mourinho has taken me to new heights today:

I actually fell asleep in the 85th minute and had a strange dream about albumen, then woke up in the 86th minute and thought "woah, don't fall asleep now you idiot, this is the last few minutes of the season".

Then I fell asleep in the 88th minute and woke up in the 89th minute, then I fell asleep in the 91st minute and woke up at the final whistle.

AWFUL.

Did enough. Certainly something that takes some getting used to when we're defending a 1-1 against Palace knowing that one goal will change it all.

This is what Mourinho does though. And he tends to get over the line, he did again.

Happy this dumpster fire is over. Happy that in a season like this we don't fall further than 6th. Looking forward to the next one.

Glad it's over (for five minutes), and we got Ropey League out of it. Can we still be jaffed over on that front?

giphy.gif

Mourinho has taken me to new heights today:

I actually fell asleep in the 85th minute and had a strange dream about albumen, then woke up in the 86th minute and thought "woah, don't fall asleep now you idiot, this is the last few minutes of the season".

Then I fell asleep in the 88th minute and woke up in the 89th minute, then I fell asleep in the 91st minute and woke up at the final whistle.

AWFUL.

It's not just you, Dier and Sissoko did the same in the 53rd minute

We will be playing a nuanced version of this for a while. Get used to it!

He grinds results. We will become grinders. Harry just admitted the game management changed with knowing the score at Chelski.

It’s the fact we play teams that have struggled against poor sides and we play this deep and defensive football which means a one goal advantage is always slim. I get there is a time a place for it, but it’s our default plan regardless

Think the thing that worries me most is how often Jose has been playing Winks and Sissoko together. They just give us so little in possession. Ndombele, Gedson, Skipp, Lamela (so Lo Celso can play deeper) are all alternative options that he’s chosen to barely use - I appreciate they’re not perfect options either, but it shows his priorities. I can only hope it’s a temporary measure, which to be be fair has gotten us over the line (albeit relying on a favour from Chelsea today).

Think the thing that worries me most is how often Jose has been playing Winks and Sissoko together. They just give us so little in possession. Ndombele, Gedson, Skipp, Lamela (so Lo Celso can play deeper) are all alternative options that he’s chosen to barely use - I appreciate they’re not perfect options either, but it shows his priorities. I can only hope it’s a temporary measure, which to be be fair has gotten us over the line (albeit relying on a favour from Chelsea today).

I don't disagree with you or Grays mate.
I am just bracing myself for this approach.

I'm not Sissoko's biggest fan but I think that he's been one of our better players since the restart. It looks like Hojbjerg is all but done, so it seems unlikely that Winks/Sissoko will be fist choice next season.

Back