• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I was surprised Spain made it onto the green list in the first place - haven't they been experiencing spikes/local lockdowns pretty much ever since the quarantine requirements were lowered?

I was surprised Spain made it onto the green list in the first place - haven't they been experiencing spikes/local lockdowns pretty much ever since the quarantine requirements were lowered?
And poor old Portugal can't even get an explanation out of the government.

Even Jose asked for one.

Ryanair/Jet2 correctly saying tough and no refund if you no longer wish to travel.

Foreign Office now advising against non essential travel to mainland Spain. So whilst the airlines don’t have to refund, anyone with travel insurance should be covered for a refund. Or would a cancellation based on FO advice be trumped by any pandemic exclusions? Hopefully not, otherwise erstwhile travellers (with insurance) are totally screwed.

Foreign Office now advising against non essential travel to mainland Spain. So whilst the airlines don’t have to refund, anyone with travel insurance should be covered for a refund. Or would a cancellation based on FO advice be trumped by any pandemic exclusions? Hopefully not, otherwise erstwhile travellers (with insurance) are totally screwed.
I think insurance companies were quick to adjust their new policy offerings back in March with pandemic exclusions.

I think insurance companies were quick to adjust their new policy offerings back in March with pandemic exclusions.

Not related to travel, but my company's insurer inserted a covid exclusion clause at renewal time (and still had the cheek to raise the premium). We had no serious alternative but to go elsewhere, but options weren't exactly abundant. Think this might have the potential to become a bit of an issue for certain businesses (we've paid a very significantly increased premium despite having a clean record to date).

Last edited:
I work in hotels and there are likely to be plenty of pandemic causes but believe it or not to benefit the Booker, the hotel industry needs to revitalise booking faith so idea is to give best terms to get people in the door

I work in hotels and there are likely to be plenty of pandemic causes but believe it or not to benefit the Booker, the hotel industry needs to revitalise booking faith so idea is to give best terms to get people in the door

How's the hotel business doing since the lifting of restrictions, out of interest? Were they cleared to start up again at the beginning of the month?

How's the hotel business doing since the lifting of restrictions, out of interest? Were they cleared to start up again at the beginning of the month?

It’s slow mate, really slow, a lot of hotels make their money on food and beverage and that’s gone as have events. We are at day one of recovery

People wanting the country to do more to protect us then moan at quarantine because Spain see a spike. People are hugely conflicted

the issue is we have to get back to some normality and the lock down of the whole of Spain is over kill.

there was no need to lock down the islands

I see the gov want companies to support those isolating as well. Good luck with that.

the issue is we have to get back to some normality and the lock down of the whole of Spain is over kill.

there was no need to lock down the islands

I see the gov want companies to support those isolating as well. Good luck with that.

I am not sure it is, we are by no means out of this yet, predictions previously were normality by December so being cautious in July is not that big a deal? Surely?

I am talking from devils advocate place as i wanted the Sweden plan but from the shouting of lockdown being too late and rules to lapse I would have thought the Spain news would be applauded? Maybe would be if it did not impact peoples holiday plans?

Personally speaking our company asked people to consult with company if planning to go abroad before hand and would have wanted to know due to potential problems with return quarantine. That was all part of our lockdown comms plan.

Reactions: DTA
Back