• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What’s everyone reading?

I'm reading the Sapiens book Yuwal Harari (I might have spelled that wrong). I reckon a few of you have read it already, but for those that haven't - It's really good - well worth reading. Basically it's a short summary of (what we know about) the history of humans and human endeavour.

Finished a book last week, couldn’t decide what to read next so started 3 in the same day.

That’ll work.

Ian Dunt's new book 'How To Be A Liberal' is going very cheap on Amazon today (kindle version).

ha, had it on my reading list, was planning to buy full price when I'd finished the current read, but hey ho

my current read is Julia Boyd's Travellers in the Third Reich: The Rise of Fascism Through the Eyes of Everyday People, it's not a page turner to be honest, there are a lot of very in depth anecdotes that don't really land anything new

ha, had it on my reading list, was planning to buy full price when I'd finished the current read, but hey ho

my current read is Julia Boyd's Travellers in the Third Reich: The Rise of Fascism Through the Eyes of Everyday People, it's not a page turner to be honest, there are a lot of very in depth anecdotes that don't really land anything new
I fudging hate amazon but I snapped it up at that price.

David Rodigan - My Life in Reggae

Loving this book, great to hear some of the stories and ancedotes about many of the artists. Shameful boast I know but I have a signed copy of this from his launch event but bought it on Kindle so I can keep the original in good condition.

What is this about?
Water

:D

The whys and wherefores of water, how it behaves, the dangers, the characteristics, his observations etc......from puddles to oceans.

I'm very much a seafarer (as is my nephew who gifted it to me for Xmas), so the subject matter is much aligned to my interests. You'd initially think 'how c.ould you possibly fill a book (and make it interesting) on such a ever present subject', but having read 50 odd pages, the way it is written draws you in and has you thinking 'jeez this is bloody interesting stuff'.

Having investigated the author, he has done other similar books about the outside world and nature, and has certainly received excellent reviews. This particular book is on the NY Times bestseller list (although it does make me wonder who'd pick it up and think 'i'll give this a go'?)

You’re not really selling it but that kind of thing is up my street so might take a look. It seems to be well reviewed.

On a similar theme, though focusing on the end of the war, is “Promise Me You’ll Shoot Yourself” by Florian Huber.

It focuses on the wave of suicides of normal people in Germany in 1945 as the Red army advanced from the eastern front.

I’ve just finished it. The text is easily readable but the subject matter is naturally rather tough, so I had to dip in and out.

Feels like it might be a companion piece to the Boyd book, topping and tailing the third reich.

I'll be starting the next Peter James 'Roy Grace-Detective' Novel on Monday, Find Them Dead

He brings a new one out each May/June, which the Mrs gets me for Christmas. That will be my Lunch Hour read at work for the next month or so

I'll be starting the next Peter James 'Roy Grace-Detective' Novel on Monday, Find Them Dead

He brings a new one out each May/June, which the Mrs gets me for Christmas. That will be my Lunch Hour read at work for the next month or so

I and my friend are an extra in the tv series they filmed in Brighton in November.

We were unpaid walk bys. True story.

Back