• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I wonder whether we might try for Giroud again. He wouldn't cost much, would allow us to loan out Parrott but wouldn't block his opportunities after that.

That Kane alternative could be massive (and I don’t mean physically)
Imagine having the option to drop Kane back to create more and chucking on another striker ... it’s the future

Isn’t a target man
And seems to be enjoying the wide attacking role again when he playing towards, rather than back to the goal
Kane's proved he is a master passer, even for England he turned into provider when no one was passing to him. So to be able to mix it up and him move from a 9 to a 10 ish could be valuable if we have a 9 to replace him.

Due to the type of passes Kane plays they are ideal for a finisher BUT of course we have to consider the other times when Kane is rested completely and we need someone to lead the line. So a player with a mix of both would be handy ie not just a lampost like Llorente.

Looking back Giroud would have been perfect as he is fairly decent at finishing and obviously can lead the line.

Mitrovic possibly. Josh King?

I suppose you still have to sell it to a striker that although Kane is the main man blah blah blah.

Think the other way to approach it is a young up and coming prospect who will be accepting of not necessarily playing every week BUT has the potential to force his way into the 11. The other box this ticks is succession planning in case we have to face up to Kane moving on.

Of course Parrot has potential in this area but I think a 20/21 year old might be more ready right now. eg Johnathon David

Kane's proved he is a master passer, even for England he turned into provider when no one was passing to him. So to be able to mix it up and him move from a 9 to a 10 ish could be valuable if we have a 9 to replace him.

Due to the type of passes Kane plays they are ideal for a finisher BUT of course we have to consider the other times when Kane is rested completely and we need someone to lead the line. So a player with a mix of both would be handy ie not just a lampost like Llorente.

Looking back Giroud would have been perfect as he is fairly decent at finishing and obviously can lead the line.

Mitrovic possibly. Josh King?

I suppose you still have to sell it to a striker that although Kane is the main man blah blah blah.
King isn’t consistent
Giroud is happy to play bit parts at his age, but I don’t see them selling
The lad from Turkey looks a good bet

Saw that we were linked with Callum Wilson for 10 mil if Bournemouth go down. At that price, he would be a really nice signing who could give us a few years of decent play and allow Troy to go on loan and smash up the championship. He’s somehow only still 27, and if we’re looking for a situational striker who can run behind, link plays and finish pretty well, we could do a lot worse than Wilson.

Saw that we were linked with Callum Wilson for 10 mil if Bournemouth go down. At that price, he would be a really nice signing who could give us a few years of decent play and allow Troy to go on loan and smash up the championship. He’s somehow only still 27, and if we’re looking for a situational striker who can run behind, link plays and finish pretty well, we could do a lot worse than Wilson.

The Up The Cherries forum think he's been utterly dreadful this year and are laughing at anyone in the Prem being interested in him.

Personally I'm more concerned about that double ACL tear he went through (as I recall). Did them both. Wonder how that will affect him now as he enters into the latter stages of his career.

If Brentford don't go up, I'd much prefer taking a run at Ollie Watkins. 24, had a magnificent year in the Championship, and we can guarantee him a lot of games to rotate with Kane or act as a wing-forward when needed (his position prior to this year).

If Brentford don't go up, I'd much prefer taking a run at Ollie Watkins. 24, had a magnificent year in the Championship, and we can guarantee him a lot of games to rotate with Kane or act as a wing-forward when needed (his position prior to this year).

Their squad is going to get picked apart by PL teams, if they don't come up.

The Up The Cherries forum think he's been utterly dreadful this year and are laughing at anyone in the Prem being interested in him.

Personally I'm more concerned about that double ACL tear he went through (as I recall). Did them both. Wonder how that will affect him now as he enters into the latter stages of his career.

Not many players come back the same from ACL injuries. Think it has done for Hudson at Chelsea.

Watkins would cost about £30m though and would still be a gamble. Good player though

Back