• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

That will do. Chelsea cant afford to gift Wolves the win now, just in case Leicester and United draw. We could actually even snatch 6th with a draw if Wolves lose. Didnt see that scenario on offer after the Sheffield United defeat.
I fancied us to get above Leicester as I didn’t see them picking up any points
Sheffield United let me down

that has to be the worst celebration of a league title i have ever seen. . . . . and i fudging love it.

It's utterly ridiculous! There are dozens of players that have been better than him. He isn't even the best Henderson in the league!

There’s been a bit of a narrative about him that people have bought. He’s been better than his usual brick but that makes him a contender for most improved player of the year if such an award existed. However, I’d be reluctant to give that sort of award to someone who went from utterly brick to sort of brick.

Im also not sure he’d have won this if he wasn’t English.

There’s been a bit of a narrative about him that people have bought. He’s been better than his usual brick but that makes him a contender for most improved player of the year if such an award existed. However, I’d be reluctant to give that sort of award to someone who went from utterly brick to sort of brick.

Im also not sure he’d have won this if he wasn’t English.
He was also instrumental in the players being forced to give money to the NHS !!!

He was also instrumental in the players being forced to give money to the NHS !!!
The criteria of the FWA award stipulate that the Footballer of the Year must lead by “precept and example”. And there can be little doubt that Henderson has earned this accolade ahead of the likes of Kevin De Bruyne and Trent Alexander-Arnold as much for his exploits off the pitch as on it. It was Henderson who took the lead at the height of the coronavirus crisis to assemble the Premier League captains in support of the Players Together initiative, raising millions of pounds for NHS charities.
https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...son-named-football-writers-player-of-the-year
He’s basically won the clubman of the year award, for paying his subs on time and helping out the nets up before the game. MBE incoming methinks...

The criteria of the FWA award stipulate that the Footballer of the Year must lead by “precept and example”. And there can be little doubt that Henderson has earned this accolade ahead of the likes of Kevin De Bruyne and Trent Alexander-Arnold as much for his exploits off the pitch as on it. It was Henderson who took the lead at the height of the coronavirus crisis to assemble the Premier League captains in support of the Players Together initiative, raising millions of pounds for NHS charities.
https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...son-named-football-writers-player-of-the-year
He’s basically won the clubman of the year award, for paying his subs on time and helping out the nets up before the game. MBE incoming methinks...
Good on him, getting a the players to club together to donate a tiny fraction of what was being asked of them in some kind of media polish gesture.

Good on him, getting a the players to club together to donate a tiny fraction of what was being asked of them in some kind of media polish gesture.
I just don’t think it should be part of the criteria for footballer of the year, I wonder if the PFA one might have more sporting relevance

The criteria of the FWA award stipulate that the Footballer of the Year must lead by “precept and example”.

Hence why Louis Suarez won it in 2013, a couple of months after admitting to diving in an attempt to win a penalty against Stoke earlier that season. :rolleyes:

Back