• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mourinho's Coaching Team

I love Ledley, who doesn’t? And I’d love to see him with more involvement with the playing side rather than just the club Ambassador role that he currently has. But with his lack of actual coaching experience, does that make him qualified to step into the first team coaching set up?

I love Ledley, who doesn’t? And I’d love to see him with more involvement with the playing side rather than just the club Ambassador role that he currently has. But with his lack of actual coaching experience, does that make him qualified to step into the first team coaching set up?

great lad but no!

Various pros and cons of this. Obviously his status with the club and fans is huge, so helps the feel good factor. From a coaching perspective, his ability to read a game and be in the right position at the right time, rather than having to desperately catch-up and dive in, was a massive factor in his ability....and if you could coach that to others, it would be immense.

My biggest nagging doubt is that for all his strengths, I wouldnt put communication very high on that list at all, and a lot of coaching, whether in football, business or whatever context, revolves around getting your ideas across.

Obviously Jose has seen him up close so none of us can say that we know better - just hope that Jose is making this decision 100% for the right reasons, rather than at all for the wrong reasons (i.e. popularity)

Various pros and cons of this. Obviously his status with the club and fans is huge, so helps the feel good factor. From a coaching perspective, his ability to read a game and be in the right position at the right time, rather than having to desperately catch-up and dive in, was a massive factor in his ability....and if you could coach that to others, it would be immense.

My biggest nagging doubt is that for all his strengths, I wouldnt put communication very high on that list at all, and a lot of coaching, whether in football, business or whatever context, revolves around getting your ideas across.

Obviously Jose has seen him up close so none of us can say that we know better - just hope that Jose is making this decision 400% for the right reasons, rather than at all for the wrong reasons (i.e. popularity)
Of course he will be doing it for the right reasons - since when does Mourinho do anything for popularity:D....

Coaching is much more than badges, being personable and having enough about you to identify where players are going wrong and helping to put that right goes just as far as being able to set up a structured training session which alot of badges are about. Additionally he might be there as a person to help players develop more than actual technical coaching in sessions.

Coaching is much more than badges, being personable and having enough about you to identify where players are going wrong and helping to put that right goes just as far as being able to set up a structured training session which alot of badges are about. Additionally he might be there as a person to help players develop more than actual technical coaching in sessions.

Yep.

Great move and excited if he can get his hands on Aurier and Sanchez to get the bad habits out their game.

It'll probably earn Mourinho a bit of slack from the fans at the very least. Good move, happy to have Ledley back in an active role.

Hell, if Villa stay up, we can sing 'he's better than John Terry' again when we next play then. :)

Back