• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2019/20

Tottenham v Everton (20:00 BST)
When you watch Everton, you can see they are slowly morphing into an Italian team under Carlo Ancelotti. I never thought they would be able to get him as manager, but his arrival has been a real coup.

The Toffees are going to be an interesting team next season, because they have got money and they will back Ancelotti in the transfer market. They will be targeting the top six, for starters.

So will Tottenham. After what happened to them against Sheffield United on Thursday, I would expect a reaction from Jose Mourinho's side. It will be a good battle, but I'm going for a Spurs win.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Tottenham v Arsenal (16:30 BST)

Both of these teams are in mid-table, and only on the fringes of the race for the Champions League spots - who would have thought that at the start of the season?

I think that says it all about where they are at right now. They both have flaws, but I'd still say Spurs are more solid.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Tottenham (18:00 BST)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have lost their past two games, against Emirates Marketing Project and Watford, and they are safe in mid-table with not a great deal to play for.

Tottenham won the north London derby at the weekend, but to say it was a unconvincing victory is probably the fairest way of summing it up.

Spurs have got a lot of work to do if they want to get nearer the top two next season, but with Harry Kane in their side, they always carry a goal threat.

The worry there is that someone might come in for Kane and say to him 'look, come and play for a team who try to win games' because I don't imagine playing up front for Spurs is too much fun at the moment - he is being fed off scraps.

Plus, we have seen before with Dimitar Berbatov and Michael Carrick that, if players want to leave and a big enough offer is received, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is willing to sell.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

His comment on the "unconvincing" manner of our victory is a little strange. It was no less convincing than most one goal victories (tight game, we had the best chances, they had more possession but didn't trouble us much). Some of these "experts" really baffle me how they can get a gig commenting on something they seem pretty clueless about.

His comment on the "unconvincing" manner of our victory is a little strange. It was no less convincing than most one goal victories (tight game, we had the best chances, they had more possession but didn't trouble us much). Some of these "experts" really baffle me how they can get a gig commenting on something they seem pretty clueless about.

Like most ex pros his opinions were formed back when he played and they have to follow the party line of the media and stick with the top 4, it's one of the reasons the media are so hard on England managers when they fail to win as the team has usually only 1 or 2 of their favourite clubs players

I'd hazard a guess he didn't actually watch the game and is just following the media line as he has nothing else to go on.

As for 'how can they get a gig..' - hmm, something, something, Liverpool connection...? Seems to be the main qualification.

Tottenham v Leicester (Premier League, 16:00 BST)

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho seems to have found a settled side and they have started to play a bit better, although it is too late for them to make the top four.

I have a feeling Leicester are going to miss out too. They were more like their old selves against Sheffield United on Thursday but they have not been consistent enough since football restarted last month.

What is in the Foxes' favour is that, whatever happens in this game, they know they will still have a chance of making the Champions League places when they host Manchester United on the final day.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Crystal Palace v Tottenham

It seems a very long time ago that Crystal Palace marked their return to Premier League action in June by beating Bournemouth to move level with Tottenham in the table.

At that stage, both teams had 40 points from 30 games - but they have gone in opposite directions in the past few weeks.

The Eagles have lost all seven of their matches since then, while Spurs are finishing their season strongly and Harry Kane is scoring goals again. I'm expecting more of the same here.

fudging default top 6 vs rest 2-0 prediction ..

If he had a brain I'd just say he built an algorithm that had 3 score results and a bunch of same brick repeated ..

He could just use GPT-3. Training algorithms on task-specific data is passe these days, modern punditry automation is all about supermassive low-shot language models, which require much less effort.

Crystal Palace v Tottenham

It seems a very long time ago that Crystal Palace marked their return to Premier League action in June by beating Bournemouth to move level with Tottenham in the table.

At that stage, both teams had 40 points from 30 games - but they have gone in opposite directions in the past few weeks.

The Eagles have lost all seven of their matches since then, while Spurs are finishing their season strongly and Harry Kane is scoring goals again. I'm expecting more of the same here.

I bet Lawro can't believe he still gets paid for this brick.

Back