• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Yeah a few of our players have been behaving disgracefully of late; playing brick on the pitch and then thinking they can do what they like off the pitch.

These macaron,s need to follow the paul scholes model of working like hell on the training ground and in games and then being anonymous off the pitch.

Any deviations from this, especially of the nature seen from these two players, should be met with massive sanctions.

Both players are shadows of what they once were and neither are old men in football terms, which makes their regression a total disgrace.

And then you see what they do off the pitch..... unbelievable.

What a GIANT over-reaction.

I'm wondering what the future holds for Dele at Spurs given Mourinho likes pacey wide-man. Appreciate that Dele is a no 10, however he's succeeded in that role at Spurs when he's had pace on one side of him and Eriksen generally as the creator on the other side.

We've seen recently how we lack the ability to unlock defences when our only creator is in CM (GLC) and that we really need one of the front 4 to be able to create, move the ball around quickly etc. That's not Dele's game. So you either need to:

- if you want to play Dele in the no 10 role, only play with one of Son/Bergwign/Moura and play a creative player on the other flank
- or, you can go with two of Son/Bergwign/Moura out wide but in which case oyu need a creator in the no 10 role. Our best hope for that role at Spurs at the moment is probably Ndombele, unless you move GLC out of position. But this options means Dele is on the bench

Mourinho has historically liked two quick wide forwards, which suggests to me that we're likely to go with the second option (and signing Bergwijn in Jan further suggests this). So does that mean we flog Dele? I wouldnt be against that if we got a decent price and reinvested the proceeds well. However I'm not sure Dele's stock is high at the moment so would be surprised if anyone would meet Levy's asking price.

Discuss.

I'm wondering what the future holds for Dele at Spurs given Mourinho likes pacey wide-man. Appreciate that Dele is a no 10, however he's succeeded in that role at Spurs when he's had pace on one side of him and Eriksen generally as the creator on the other side.

We've seen recently how we lack the ability to unlock defences when our only creator is in CM (GLC) and that we really need one of the front 4 to be able to create, move the ball around quickly etc. That's not Dele's game. So you either need to:

- if you want to play Dele in the no 10 role, only play with one of Son/Bergwign/Moura and play a creative player on the other flank
- or, you can go with two of Son/Bergwign/Moura out wide but in which case oyu need a creator in the no 10 role. Our best hope for that role at Spurs at the moment is probably Ndombele, unless you move GLC out of position. But this options means Dele is on the bench

Mourinho has historically liked two quick wide forwards, which suggests to me that we're likely to go with the second option (and signing Bergwijn in Jan further suggests this). So does that mean we flog Dele? I wouldnt be against that if we got a decent price and reinvested the proceeds well. However I'm not sure Dele's stock is high at the moment so would be surprised if anyone would meet Levy's asking price.

Discuss.
I don’t see Dele fitting in a Jose team
Even as a fan do his he doesn’t suit his game
I also don’t see many teams coming in form him because of his game now
Doesn’t make him a poor player because he isn’t but some times some players don’t fit
Countinho being a classic case

I'm by no means saying we should actively look to sell Dele but I honestly can't help but wonder if we could get decent enough fees for him + N'dombele...It would be a bonafide warchest for the summer to be able to get a couple of real first XI'ers in whilst we do a bit of spring cleaning in terms of our reserves.

Most likely thing of course is that Dele will be here come the start of the season, I like watching him play a lot but I wonder long term how he'll fit in to the shape unless it's built around him (and his relationship with Kane). Although it is easy to forget he had a return to scoring form during Jose's very early days. In games where we might not be as focussed on possession it will be interesting to see if he is encouraged to take more risks as well as how he adapts to the fluid counter attacks we've seen. A point in his favour is that these phases of play have little time in which to think and are more instinctive, this could take us back to seeing the best of him.

I'm by no means saying we should actively look to sell Dele but I honestly can't help but wonder if we could get decent enough fees for him + N'dombele...It would be a bonafide warchest for the summer to be able to get a couple of real first XI'ers in whilst we do a bit of spring cleaning in terms of our reserves.

Most likely thing of course is that Dele will be here come the start of the season, I like watching him play a lot but I wonder long term how he'll fit in to the shape unless it's built around him (and his relationship with Kane). Although it is easy to forget he had a return to scoring form during Jose's very early days. In games where we might not be as focussed on possession it will be interesting to see if he is encouraged to take more risks as well as how he adapts to the fluid counter attacks we've seen. A point in his favour is that these phases of play have little time in which to think and are more instinctive, this could take us back to seeing the best of him.

It's worth a discussion

- Would you trade Dele and N'dombele for a top level DM plus a top level RB?
- Is Dele going to kick on and who does he keep out the side? (separate conversation)

We have a lot of AMs, he is the one most likely to get a high value (outside of Son) and perhaps least Jose like?

It's worth a discussion

- Would you trade Dele and N'dombele for a top level DM plus a top level RB?
- Is Dele going to kick on and who does he keep out the side? (separate conversation)

We have a lot of AMs, he is the one most likely to get a high value (outside of Son) and perhaps least Jose like?
No

I’d sell Dele and Tubby for the cash and use it for about 5 players because that’s the money we should be looking at. It ain’t worth selling for selling sake but both of those are £50m players even in the current market (Dele is more proven than Werner for example IMO) and we have a value in Tubby because we brought him

But the logic of selling players to fund purchases is normal and sensible
Chelsea for example may end up coming unstuck soon as their doing deals with players but need to sell before buying now ... and the market knows that. Plus of course they think players are worth more than maybe a clubs will pay (like we do) so the whole merry go round this summer will be very interesting

on the Dele subject I’ve said it for a long while, I don’t see where he fits in. That doesn’t mean we should sell him though as it his job and the managers to look at that problem and work out the right solution.

if we do get a DM and keep Tubby then we’re playing a kinda 4-3-3 and Dele doesn’t fit there

if we sell Tubby we could see Dele playing that 10 role again and a CM of the new DM and Lo Celso. That would suit Dele and is IMO a very attractive set up

Apart from close control in tight spaces, Dele's great strength is his off the ball movement. I can see that being useful in a side playing on the break.

Back