• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

It's too late for it to make a difference this summer but I agree that we need one

You are probably right - unless we have one lined up and ready to go already.

The way it should work is that Levy tells him how much is available for transfers this window. Let's say 50m for arguments sake. Plus what he can bring in from transfers. The DoF then agrees with Mourinho, the positions he priorities strengthening ( let's say DM, CF and RB) and which players he is prepared to sell ( let's say Foyth, Gazza, Rose, KWP and Tubby) Lers say player sales could be 70m. Therefore we have a transfer kitty of 120m

The DoF then identifies three players in each of the key positions after discussion with Mourinho, and begins negotiations. If he lands Player A for 50m, he then has 70 m for Players B and C. It really isn't rocket science and Levy' s only role is to set the initial budget.

The way it should work is that Levy tells him how much is available for transfers this window. Let's say 50m for arguments sake. Plus what he can bring in from transfers. The DoF then agrees with Mourinho, the positions he priorities strengthening ( let's say DM, CF and RB) and which players he is prepared to sell ( let's say Foyth, Gazza, Rose, KWP and Tubby) Lers say player sales could be 70m. Therefore we have a transfer kitty of 120m

The DoF then identifies three players in each of the key positions after discussion with Mourinho, and begins negotiations. If he lands Player A for 50m, he then has 70 m for Players B and C. It really isn't rocket science and Levy' s only role is to set the initial budget.

There's lots of different models for it working and I'm pretty comfortable that Levy and Mourinho could settle on the right one for the club. Both are used to the set up.

Anyone new in a job takes several months to settle and be effective. That is even more true of a job like this where there are months of preparation for a key period.

There's lots of different models for it working and I'm pretty comfortable that Levy and Mourinho could settle on the right one for the club. Both are used to the set up.

Anyone new in a job takes several months to settle and be effective. That is even more true of a job like this where there are months of preparation for a key period.
I'm in favour of whichever model doesn't have us buying key players on the last day of the window 4 games into the already started season. [emoji4]

If that's the case, I'm pretty sure that he'll be understanding of it.
I also would be very very very surprised if there's immediate apparent friction between him and Levy over transfer budget and targets. I can't see a scenario in which Levy and Mourinho agree a contract and a working relationship without clarity and agreement over available resources.

It's easy to think that a little part of Jose would really like to do well on a limited budget to really show people that he's not yesterday's man or a chequebook manager.

My comments were more from the incoming player point of view. He might have to wait to get his targets.

My comments were more from the incoming player point of view. He might have to wait to get his targets.
Understood, and you're probably correct.
From a financial perspective, I expect the mentality of buying clubs will move at a different pace to that of selling clubs regarding the impact of the pandemic.

Aurier needs to learn from Toby at his best, calm down and don’t jump in. He has pace but he uses it in a terrible way for me, when a player cuts back he either runs 2 yards past due to momentum and makes it easy or dives in. He just needs to learn to chill and shepherd the players, keep himself between the ball and the goal and in my opinion he will improve tenfold

Swings and roundabouts with VAR. some teams have benefitted from it more than others of course but early in the season we got a lucky call from VAR at home to Sheffield United with a disallowed goal for offside, from memory it wasn’t offside.

Swings and roundabouts with VAR. some teams have benefitted from it more than others of course but early in the season we got a lucky call from VAR at home to Sheffield United with a disallowed goal for offside, from memory it wasn’t offside.
It was off, but he a toe
The issue with the offside is that they haven’t allowed for the margin of error of the tech... however they have been consistent
The first big game changing call went against us don’t forget in the Leicster away game where they said son was off forgetting their own rules on phase of play

It was off, but he a toe
The issue with the offside is that they haven’t allowed for the margin of error of the tech... however they have been consistent
The first big game changing call went against us don’t forget in the Leicster away game where they said son was off forgetting their own rules on phase of play

Really? Thought Dier was playing him on? I digress. I remember we didn’t play well that day and were fortunate to come away with a point.

Really? Thought Dier was playing him on? I digress. I remember we didn’t play well that day and were fortunate to come away with a point.
But we have had other games where VaR was so wrong it was scary... Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home when Kane should have had a stonewall penalty and also Bournemouth away
I still say Poch was sacked because of the way VAR was changing results that previously would have gone our way as we would have had a lot more points on the board

But we have had other games where VaR was so wrong it was scary... Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home when Kane should have had a stonewall penalty and also Bournemouth away
I still say Poch was sacked because of the way VAR was changing results that previously would have gone our way as we would have had a lot more points on the board

I accept we’ve been on the end of some shockers this season, specifically Sheffield United and Bournemouth. But we’ve also been on the receiving end of some fortunate ones; Sanchez handball for the first goal against West Ham. I hate the implementation of VAR, the idea of it is great but the execution is just horrible and it needs to improve but I think it will. I would give them 30-60 seconds to decide. If they can’t decide in that allotted time then the call should stand. And get rid of the stupid handball and offside rules. If it’s not immediately obvious that a goal is offside or not then let the goal stand. Stop looking for a toe or an ear to be offside. The margin for error is too fine.

I accept we’ve been on the end of some shockers this season, specifically Sheffield United and Bournemouth. But we’ve also been on the receiving end of some fortunate ones; Sanchez handball for the first goal against West Ham. I hate the implementation of VAR, the idea of it is great but the execution is just horrible and it needs to improve but I think it will. I would give them 30-60 seconds to decide. If they can’t decide in that allotted time then the call should stand. And get rid of the stupid handball and offside rules. If it’s not immediately obvious that a goal is offside or not then let the goal stand. Stop looking for a toe or an ear to be offside. The margin for error is too fine.

I'd prefer the match referee to watch the incident on a TV screen and decide.

Most of the issues that we are complaining about though are the rules, not VAR. The current handball rule, for instance, is clearly stupid. I still cannot believe that Moura got penalised for being fouled by three players and having a ball kicked against him as he fell.

We have had plenty go out way
But the early phase of it (Poch era) we had very little go out way that should have
Watford should have and a stonewall penalty at the Lane for example along with others but the early ones would have greater momentum had they gone our way. The var changed Leicesters result vs us and IMO changed their sssaon as a defeat then would have hurt them and helped us

I'd prefer the match referee to watch the incident on a TV screen and decide.

Most of the issues that we are complaining about though are the rules, not VAR. The current handball rule, for instance, is clearly stupid. I still cannot believe that Moura got penalised for being fouled by three players and having a ball kicked against him as he fell.
Yep that was because the ref did his job and played advantage.. I mean how daft is that

I think it’s the wage demands that need to be factored into the budget too. Whether Levy says there’s x for the fee and x for wages or a combined total over the course of the contract. Possibly some players ruled out by age if there is little possibility of resale value too?
Whilst I think the process is convoluted with agents and rival bidders in the mix I’ve never understood why these discussions cannot be taking place all season long In the purchase side though.
When it comes to sales I can understand there is more sensitivity whist the player is still part of the squad and for the life of me I can’t see why anyone lower in the football food chain would look at some of the players I would like to get rid of and think they would be someone they would want to pay a Levy fee and similar wages to us for. Also it feels like it’s harder to force players to leave, as not playing does not seem as much as a deterrent as a change of lifestyle.
I just hope Levy does as much as he can within his control to help move players on, maybe look at the cost of keeping them as opposed to any perceived loss on their book value and when it comes to incomings listen to what the manager feels can improve the team in the in the next season rather than the opportunistic signings based on their cost. Not saying we go full Portsmouth under Redknapp but we need players who can hit the ground running.

Back