• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

KWP is getting games for Southampton, they're reportedly willing to pay up some money for him. A mid table PL club.

Aurier has clearly been preferred to KWP by both Poch and Mourinho. Mourinho a manager rather famous for demanding the basics and defensive solidity.

It could be that Mourinho is just waiting to get rid of Aurier as well to bring in someone else, I doubt it though. Compared to peak Walker he's clearly slower. Part of my issue with him before was that he played as if he was quicker than everyone despite not actually being that quick.

I think he's reasonably quick though. And I can't really remember him struggling for pace all that often these days. Feel free to correct my impression if him getting skinned is just something I've repressed.
Bayern at home...
United away ...
Basically every game where he is against a fast winger they go 1 on 1 with him and he falls on his ass trying to make challenges
Some times they come off but typically when they do he is off balance to launch anything. It’s such a poor technique. when he jockeys players he is much much better and he forces players to come inside and hit another man

I'm not Aurier's biggest fan but I agree with @braineclipse. The priority for me this summer is balancing the squad and creating a platform for our match winners to shine. An understudy for Aurier is more of a priority for me than a new first choice RB.

I'd be holding onto Sissoko, unless we received a stupid bid, for similar reasons.

I think after DM any of our back four can look to be upgraded if there are options in the market, starting with the full backs.

Bayern at home...
United away ...
Basically every game where he is against a fast winger they go 1 on 1 with him and he falls on his ass trying to make challenges
Some times they come off but typically when they do he is off balance to launch anything. It’s such a poor technique. when he jockeys players he is much much better and he forces players to come inside and hit another man
So games from late last year?

Part of what I'm saying is that I think he's improved since then.
I think after DM any of our back four can look to be upgraded if there are options in the market, starting with the full backs.
I agree with look to be upgraded. If that player is somehow available to us I'm all for it.

I don't watch as much football as I do so there might be several players I have no idea about that would be significant upgrades, within our price range and willing to sign for us.

To me the more realistic plan is someone to be his backup or competitor at first with the potential to develop into a cleary better player.

So games from late last year?

Part of what I'm saying is that I think he's improved since then. I agree with look to be upgraded. If that player is somehow available to us I'm all for it.

I don't watch as much football as I do so there might be several players I have no idea about that would be significant upgrades, within our price range and willing to sign for us.

To me the more realistic plan is someone to be his backup or competitor at first with the potential to develop into a cleary better player.
His defensive play has improved a lot lately as he hasn’t been attacking. But two goals of the 3 we conceded came from him (and he was playing well). That’s quite scary IMO to do your job well but still be directly at fault for goals

His defensive play has improved a lot lately as he hasn’t been attacking. But two goals of the 3 we conceded came from him (and he was playing well). That’s quite scary IMO to do your job well but still be directly at fault for goals
To me those errors were "excusable", others have made similar errors, but his were punished. It happens.

Before he was making those and worse errors more frequently imo. Just because those two were punished doesn't take away from his performance imo.

To me those errors were "excusable", others have made similar errors, but his were punished. It happens.

Before he was making those and worse errors more frequently imo. Just because those two were punished doesn't take away from his performance imo.
True
And they weren’t bad strikes either that they scored from
But the key is they could have been the difference in the games

True
And they weren’t bad strikes either that they scored from
But the key is they could have been the difference in the games
They could have been. So could other mistakes made by other players.

If we're trying to guess how many mistakes a player will make in the future looking at errors that led to goals isn't great imo (particularly as the sample size will just about always be small).

The frequency and severity of errors is a much better starting point. Obviously we don't have stats on that so it's just my guesstimate that I think he has improved quite a bit.

I do expect Mourinho to have stats on that. Suppose the transfer window will give us some insight into what he thinks.

They could have been. So could other mistakes made by other players.

If we're trying to guess how many mistakes a player will make in the future looking at errors that led to goals isn't great imo (particularly as the sample size will just about always be small).

The frequency and severity of errors is a much better starting point. Obviously we don't have stats on that so it's just my guesstimate that I think he has improved quite a bit.

I do expect Mourinho to have stats on that. Suppose the transfer window will give us some insight into what he thinks.
Yep it will
It does seem we want a DM and RB from the rumours

and your right. I hate the errors leading to goal stats as it can be a player covering for a player out of position gets the blame for the error when he is doing the job of covering for someone else’s error

I think this window may not deliver totally as Jose may want due to covid-19.
If that's the case, I'm pretty sure that he'll be understanding of it.
I also would be very very very surprised if there's immediate apparent friction between him and Levy over transfer budget and targets. I can't see a scenario in which Levy and Mourinho agree a contract and a working relationship without clarity and agreement over available resources.

It's easy to think that a little part of Jose would really like to do well on a limited budget to really show people that he's not yesterday's man or a chequebook manager.

If that's the case, I'm pretty sure that he'll be understanding of it.
I also would be very very very surprised if there's immediate apparent friction between him and Levy over transfer budget and targets. I can't see a scenario in which Levy and Mourinho agree a contract and a working relationship without clarity and agreement over available resources.

It's easy to think that a little part of Jose would really like to do well on a limited budget to really show people that he's not yesterday's man or a chequebook manager.

Levy's no mug, he'll have known what he was getting into with Mourinho and that there were cheaper managers out there who would accept young prospects for them to shape.

Neither Jose or Levy are stupid, i am sure that before giving Jose the job they would have sat down and talked about what was the plan going forward. Neither of them would have agreed the deal without BOTH knowing and agreeing on the way forward and everything that entailed.

Neither Jose or Levy are stupid, i am sure that before giving Jose the job they would have sat down and talked about what was the plan going forward. Neither of them would have agreed the deal without BOTH knowing and agreeing on the way forward and everything that entailed.

Yeah but I think that he also would have known that it meant a change in transfer strategy

Yeah but I think that he also would have known that it meant a change in transfer strategy

Yes. But covid may have changed what he was initially promised. How will he react to that?

I'm also saying this as quite a fan of Jose... although I didn't want poch sacked, and would have given him at least to the end of the season... i think he earned that.

Yes. But covid may have changed what he was initially promised. How will he react to that?

At some point in the next few years he'll start acting like a clam, attacking the club and blaming everyone else for anything that goes wrong, to force Levy to sack him and get a payoff. The worst case scenario is that this is pulled forward slightly but how many richer clubs would have him?

In this instance I think Jose will be ok with it.

He's an intelligent man and I do believe he fully respects actions/decisions if they are clear and honest. If he sees they are, it's ok and there is no problem.

Playing silly buggers and double talk he has no time for. (Which of course he then starts doing in return...with bells on:D:D)

In this instance I think Jose will be ok with it.

He's an intelligent man and I do believe he fully respects actions/decisions if they are clear and honest. If he sees they are, it's ok and there is no problem.

Playing silly buggers and double talk he has no time for. (Which of course he then starts doing in return...with bells on:D:D)

It'll be fine if we're winning. If the results are bad, he'll start shifting the blame.

Priories for me now (and these have changed a lot since mid-season):

DM
Kane understudy
RB understudy
Reserve keeper
Sort out the homegrown player issue
Happy for any upgrades after or alongside any of these

Add a DoF at the top and I largely agree.

Back