• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight for Europa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if we finish 6th. I think that we can still miss out on Europe then though if Arsenal win the FA Cup and Wolves win the Europa.

Doesnt that just mean wolves go in the CL? Dont think it has any bearing on us in 6th place.

Could be, I thought that you lose a Europa place if you have 5 clubs in the CL.
If Wolves win the EL they will get a CL place and:
• if Wolves also finish the league in an EL qualifying position then England lose a EL place - but it's the EL place that Wolves would have used.
• if Wolves finish 7th and Arsenal win the FA Cup, Wolves wouldn't have qualified for the EL so England wouldn't lose a EL place.

It's all set up for a ding-dong, helter-skelter, devil-may-care, nail-biter of a finale day. I hope they don't have lasagne for dinner the night before.

So good results for us tonight.

Chelsea need to win really to be safe with it all which is good for us.

I don’t really care to be honest. Getting top 4 next season is going to be damn tough, so not having to travel all around Europe on a Thursday wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world....

I actually think if Liverpool can finally lose form, city continue to have defensive problems then it is set up for a Leicester or Chelsea title win when neither were in Europe.

Just need a good counter attacking manager of a decent side with a good striker....

I actually think if Liverpool can finally lose form, city continue to have defensive problems then it is set up for a Leicester or Chelsea title win when neither were in Europe.

Just need a good counter attacking manager of a decent side with a good striker....
You need a side picking up results at the tail end of the previous season... that is so true of teams that win the league of late

So good results for us tonight.

Chelsea need to win really to be safe with it all which is good for us.

"So (apostrophe) good results for us..."

That little squiggle of punctuation turns a compound adjective - So good results... - into a dramatic - and gramatically correct - pause: So, good results... .

Yes, I'm already hearing that two-word, three-eff reply. Make English Great Again.

"So (apostrophe) good results for us..."

That little squiggle of punctuation turns a compound adjective - So good results... - into a dramatic - and gramatically correct - pause: So, good results... .

Yes, I'm already hearing that two-word, three-eff reply. Make English Great Again.

without being the resident pedant and punctuation police .........that's a comma not an apostrophe!

Would mean a bit for our finances and the UEFA coefficient. Also, with Mourinho at the helm, you'd think we'll be in with a shout to win it.
Absolutely, there are some advantages for sure and I would definitely not be one to turn nose up at the chance to win a trophy. But for me I consider it more important next season to establish ourselves in the top 4 of the league again and would still say we would have a better chance of qualifying for CL via the league than winning the Europa. To be honest, if they just sorted out the format of the Europa League it would make it so much more appealing but never mind....

We need to win a trophy - to get the monkey off our back and to get that winning mentality in the club.
The more competitions we are - the better.
The group stage will be pretty straight forward (in theory) and we will be able to break in our youngsters - give parrot and skip more games.
Mourinho will want to win this as well and take a much different approach to poch.

Lol - mentality....

Absolutely, there are some advantages for sure and I would definitely not be one to turn nose up at the chance to win a trophy. But for me I consider it more important next season to establish ourselves in the top 4 of the league again and would still say we would have a better chance of qualifying for CL via the league than winning the Europa. To be honest, if they just sorted out the format of the Europa League it would make it so much more appealing but never mind....

Totally agree - if they just made it a two-legged knockout competition between 32 teams, it would be a brilliant competition.

Instead they add another 16 of the bricktiest teams in Europe, add a dull group stage, and then thrown in the 8 losers from the CL before the knockout phase even begins. If we qualify for the playoff round (i.e. one round before the group stage), we'll have to play 17 matches in order to win the competition - almost half an entire PL season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back