• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Sorry, I was just trying to be objective. Harding's sudden passing certainly didn't help their plight, and what with his widow then wanting his investments back, came an unforeseen financial issue.
I'm actually a Southend United fan, but with Spurs leanings.
Its always good to have an objective view as opposed to the disgusting levels of anti Chelsea bias on this board.

What is your objective view on the performance of Southend’s most recent manager?

How long before we hear “In an attempt to attract Gareth Bale to Saint James Park, Saudi Sportswashing Machine are prepared to hand the player the coveted No 9 shirt”

The most sought after shirt in world football (TM) :rolleyes:

Random observation: Every few days the BBC has an article on how the Premier League should "reject" the takeover as the people involved are "bad men".

They really don't want it to happen lol :)

I completely understand that, but that ship sailed long ago.

I just find it funny how arbitrary it is. i.e. they were up Abramovich's backside back in the day when his human rights record is pretty bad too.

It does make me wonder how I'd feel if we were bought out, but sure Levy would aim for some integrity.

I just find it funny how arbitrary it is. i.e. they were up Abramovich's backside back in the day when his human rights record is pretty bad too.

It does make me wonder how I'd feel if we were bought out, but sure Levy would aim for some integrity.

i am sure he would, however i have always said that IF we ever become the play thing of a bored billionaire/despot that would be the end of a near 60 year love affair with our club.

3 very different stories haha

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have begun talks to sign Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 28, after Bayern Munich decided they will not be taking up their option to sign the Brazil international on a permanent deal. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

The Magpies have also identified Liverpool midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri, 28, as a major transfer target this summer. The Switzerland international has played just 10 times for the Reds this season. (Mail)

The £300m Saudi Arabia-funded takeover of Saudi Sportswashing Machine is in doubt after the World Trade Organisation ruled that the country is behind a pirate TV and streaming service that offers illegal access to sporting events

Cue the incoming huge in-house stadium, shirt, sleeve, training ground, etc sponsorships. They haven't banned it at umpteen clubs already so they can't ban it only at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Before we judge what might happen at Saudi Sportswashing Machine in terms of European bans, let's wait and see whether the Emirates Marketing Project charge sticks (I bet it doesn't). But the worst case seems to be that they *might* end up with a ban in about 4 year's time. I don't think too many players will case about that right now.
And there you go.... @Bedfordspurs - just like I predicted. UEFA are toothless. If Saudi Sportswashing Machine end up being owned by the Saudi’s they will financially cheat their way into the big club group just like City and PSG have.

And there you go.... @Bedfordspurs - just like I predicted. UEFA are toothless. If Saudi Sportswashing Machine end up being owned by the Saudi’s they will financially cheat their way into the big club group just like City and PSG have.
Well UEFA have the issue of time bar hurting them but maybe they didn’t argue their case
I still don’t see the deal with the Arab going through because of the issues over the deal

This not pretty much off after the Saudis banned BeIN from operating in the country this week.
BeIN paid the Premier League £500m for its 3 year licence.

_97599093_breaking_news.png

A Saudi Arabian-backed consortium has pulled out of a bid to buy Saudi Sportswashing Machine. :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53598846

Back