• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

The window hasn't officially opened yet, but we have our first 48 hours reference (I think)
Bizarre way these things are reported!

1 - PEH has to accept the move. If he straight declines, then clearly all the rest is irrelevant.
2 - Why would Everton be happy to submit what they feel is a winning bid, just to be told to wait patiently 48 hours to give another party a chance to gazump them! Nonsense.

Equally, if true, then it indicates Southampton fully expect PEH to reject Everton - meaning they are in a tinkle weak negotiating position.

If I’m Levy, I’m letting this one drag out as the players contract runs down by the day so his value decreases. Ironically, by playing KWP, Southampton are increasing his value by the game!

Zero incentive for Spurs to be bluffed into a move here.

well that’s the price then.

no point levy fudging around with bids of half that.
Unless he rejects Everton. Then it’s utterly irrelevant.
And levy’s brain will be burning with the fact ‘I can have this guy for absolutely nothing in 11 months time...’

And levy’s brain will be burning with the fact ‘I can have this guy for absolutely nothing in 11 months time...’

I doubt that he is approaching the market like that having made an expensive, short term, managerial appointment. He needs to give Mourinho the tools to do the job over the next two seasons because it probably won't last any longer.

I doubt that he is approaching the market like that having made an expensive, short term, managerial appointment. He needs to give Mourinho the tools to do the job over the next two seasons because it probably won't last any longer.
Yep. I didn’t say that’s how he’s approaching the market, just that that thought will still be there! A leopard can’t change his spots! :D

But I have literally used defensive stats for both players, and one player is a DM whilst the other hasn’t played that position all season yet achieve better defensive stats
Couldn’t be less blunt TBH
I haven’t filtered anything other than their names
The other stats that keep on getting thrown up are the filtered ones surely as they highlight what he is good at rather than any weaknesses
Were your stats filtered to look at the stats per 90 minutes?

the vast majority do not have that training and simply use stats to make a point which is just their personal opinion in the belief it proves their assumption correct.

Fair enough. There's no doubt some people who do that. But I find it equally annoying when person A uses stats to support their opinion, and person B just says something along the lines of 'stats are meaningless' and continues with their own opinion, without being open-minded or explaining why those particular stats aren't valid.

At the end of the day no matter who does what how many times the team that scores the most goal wins.

No brick :D doesn't mean we can't discuss anything else though does it?!

Southampton won’t allow that, the players in too much of a demand here and overseas.

I can’t see the players turning down moves all summer

Were your stats filtered to look at the stats per 90 minutes?
No they had no filter
They were just the stats for those players
No idea how they were calculated
I was just getting something quick and simple on the basis it was from the premier league site. I can have another look

But I have literally used defensive stats for both players, and one player is a DM whilst the other hasn’t played that position all season yet achieve better defensive stats
Couldn’t be less blunt TBH
I haven’t filtered anything other than their names
The other stats that keep on getting thrown up are the filtered ones surely as they highlight what he is good at rather than any weaknesses

You've used stats from them playing multiple positions. That doesn't tell us a lot about their performances in the position in question. Ward-Prowse's figures at fullback could be skewing the data, for example.

The PL site has very limited data available. Whilst you've quoted the defensive stats that they do include, it doesn't really tell you much about an all round defensive performance.

i'll think we'd already know that Hojbjerg wants to personally join us. As long as we're close to Everton's true bid it'll get done.

Plus we can play silly buggers with KWP if they need a nudge

Fair enough. There's no doubt some people who do that. But I find it equally annoying when person A uses stats to support their opinion, and person B just says something along the lines of 'stats are meaningless' and continues with their own opinion, without being open-minded or explaining why those particular stats aren't valid.

I've got no problem with someone saying what their opinion of a player is, as long as they dont do the hate thing and "xcx is brick" that childish, if they think someone is good in a certain role fine as long as it's based on actually seeing that player in action a few times and not based on someones stats or 15 seconds of you tube clips. In the Hojbjerg debate we've seen stats which "prove" he very good and stats that "prove" he isn't. Now saying I've seen him and he looks good or bad carries greater weight with me than

Southampton won’t allow that, the players in too much of a demand here and overseas.

I can’t see the players turning down moves all summer

As we saw with Eriksen, when you let a contract run down to its last year, the player has the power.

Given that he has the same agent as Mourinho, I think that it is very likely that terms have been discussed and we have an agreement in principle with the player.

Back