• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I'm surprised nothings been mentioned on that, you'd think he'd be banned as well but then again I don't know how common it is for players families to get abused - I'm guessing a few things get shouted most matches.

It wasn't Dier's family getting abused though, it was Dier himself that was the subject of the abuse. It just happened his brother was in earshot and (understandably) took offence.

I'm not too sure what the club could do really, for fear of setting a precedent (think of all the abuse every game against particular players). The fan did meet with Dier to apologise in person - maybe that was a part of an agreed resolution with the club.

Find it weird that we’d be in for that Korean defender, given this news + Toby’s contract renewal under Jose (and his good performances recently). Maybe Jose wants to ship Sanchez out, or sees Tanganga as a full-back? (Appreciate Tanganga’s still young and inexperienced, but he looked close enough to PL readiness to be considered part of the current first team picture IMO). Am already assuming Jan and Foyth are on their way.

Find it weird that we’d be in for that Korean defender, given this news + Toby’s contract renewal under Jose (and his good performances recently). Maybe Jose wants to ship Sanchez out, or sees Tanganga as a full-back? (Appreciate Tanganga’s still young and inexperienced, but he looked close enough to PL readiness to be considered part of the current first team picture IMO). Am already assuming Jan and Foyth are on their way.

I think and hope it is Sanchez to go.

He's been looking quite trim since the restart. I think that he was carrying a bit too much weight earlier in the season and that is one of the reasons why he had lost a bit of mobility.

Sanchez, Toby and Dier with Tanganga and Kim Min-Jae. Five players as centreback options doesn't seem excessive. Especially if Tanganga can be utilised elsewhere on the pitch.

I wouldn't be surprised if we looked to get Kim Min-Jae or Tanganga a loan next season.

Back 3??

I wouldn't be surprised if we looked to get Kim Min-Jae or Tanganga a loan next season.

Personally I’d love to see a ban on the practice of buying then immediately loaning a player. I guess a Tanganga loan might be a good shout though, if he’s gonna struggle to get much gametime ahead of Toby / Dier / Sanchez and maybe Kim.

Personally I’d love to see a ban on the practice of buying then immediately loaning a player. I guess a Tanganga loan might be a good shout though, if he’s gonna struggle to get much gametime ahead of Toby / Dier / Sanchez and maybe Kim.

I wonder whether Kim would benefit from a loan to acclimatise to European football.

Good news, he looks much fitter post lockdown and better suited to playing centre back, is future captain material and it’s also assurance that he is happy with the direction Mourinho is taking us / him.

I don’t think he’s quite good enough if we want to be challenging at the top again and winning things but he’s done well since the lockdown apart from getting done by Pogba against United. Happy for him to remain at the club though as he seems to love playing for us and can play multiple positions adequately.

Back