• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I'm still not sure about him, it's a big change from the type of football he has played in before and injuries never help a player build a rhythm. I was expecting more of a goal threat from him and all though he is an aggresive player I dont think his defensive play is good enough or that he has the passing range we need from our no1 midfielder. As people have said a good preseason free from injury may see more from him.
He wasn't bought to be THE CREATOR, it seems very clear that Poch intended on remodelling the midfield to move away from relying a single creative spark (Eriksen). That was always our downside when the critical moments came, shut down Eriksen and we basically were hoping Son would beat 3 or 4 players and bang it into the top corner.

Now of course this season the Ndombele plan has not gone smoothly and we don't even know if Jose sees an overall plan the same way Poch did (I think not honestly) so we still need to increase the creativity in the side to side GLC he can't and shouldn't be expected to do it all himself.

I'm still not sure about him, it's a big change from the type of football he has played in before and injuries never help a player build a rhythm. I was expecting more of a goal threat from him and all though he is an aggresive player I dont think his defensive play is good enough or that he has the passing range we need from our no1 midfielder. As people have said a good preseason free from injury may see more from him.

looked soft and lightweight today

He's been playing with a knock for a few weeks. I don't get how anyone could think that he's soft or lightweight though. He's a tough little fudger and a really good footballer.

don't see it, think he's OK.
But....he's neither fish nor fowl. just my opinion

just watching Bruno Fernandes which doesn't help and he's playing poorly today

Last edited:
don't see it, think he's OK.
But....he's neither fish nor fowl. just my opinion

just watching Bruno Fernandes which doesn't help and he's playing poorly today
14 starts in the PL in his first season here (most of the first half of the season ruined by injury). Playing those games for a team that's been really inconsistent and hampered by injuries. Change of manager. Playing different roles in different systems.

Imo he's nowhere near fully adjusted to the PL or Spurs yet for those reasons. Yet plenty to be positive about already. Loads of different qualities.

In very optimistic about him.

looked soft and lightweight today

20200719-210721.jpg

Any player coming over from another league needs a season to get into the Prem. You cannot judge them properly until season 2. That said he has shown some really good signs. And Jose has been using him all over the midfield and whilst we have had a ton of games. I would expect to see way more from him next season.

Get him up and around the box more and we will see his true worth to the team. For now he is doing a job and still showing some good flashes.

Back