• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Car thefts etc

Diamond Lights

Didier Zokora
So, linked to the Cars chat we had...

I'm a bit concerned about car theft... should i be?

Hopefully picking up an X5 soon, but it's a commonly stolen car. Waking up one morning with it gone would be terrible but i'm more concerned about family safety at our home.

Am i taking a big risk going for it or am i just overdoing the risks because of the odd scare story i've seen/read?

If i wake up one morning with the car gone i'd be tinkled, but that's what insurance is for. I'm more concerned on people trying to breaking and entering or even run up attacks etc. We live in a fairly decent area but can never tell right?

welcome your thoughts?

Hopefully picking up an X5 soon, but it's a commonly stolen car. Waking up one morning with it gone would be terrible but i'm more concerned about family safety at our home.

Am i taking a big risk going for it or am i just overdoing the risks because of the odd scare story i've seen/read?

If i wake up one morning with the car gone i'd be tinkled, but that's what insurance is for. I'm more concerned on people trying to breaking and entering or even run up attacks etc. We live in a fairly decent area but can never tell right?

welcome your thoughts?
BMW x5?

enjoy your new toy - don't leave keys in plain sight overnight.

remember they are just a tin box with wheels, don't stress it. Relax and enjoy!

You can't secure your house completely, you just have to make it more difficult to break into then the neighbours.

Put a motion sensitive flood light on the front aimed at the car, have a decent alarm on the house and don't put the keys anywhere obvious.

If it's keyless entry watch out for range extender theft, think you can buy Faraday cages to bung the fob in when it's inside the house.

welcome your thoughts?
Cross-threading continuation of petrol heads’ tinkling contest or just an embarrassing humblebrag?

You can't secure your house completely, you just have to make it more difficult to break into then the neighbours.

Put a motion sensitive flood light on the front aimed at the car, have a decent alarm on the house and don't put the keys anywhere obvious.

Or ensure the same disparity at less cost: prop ladders and crowbars against the neighbours’ walls every night, and poison their dog.

Back