• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Great report. Shows that some players have value beyond that which our eyes can see...a reminder to his critics (such as me!)...have to say though, the last two games in a 4-4-2 have seen his best performances for some time.
If he can pass better that would be good too. And I’ll always love him for Amsterdam.

Great report. Shows that some players have value beyond that which our eyes can see...a reminder to his critics (such as me!)...have to say though, the last two games in a 4-4-2 have seen his best performances for some time.

We switched to a 4-3-3 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It shows that Moura's recent good form isn't dependent on a formation.

We switched to a 4-3-3 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. It shows that Moura's recent good form isn't dependent on a formation.

I would have to rewatch the match, but I remember both him and Son putting in strong defensive shifts supporting their respective FBs a lot more than usual (something which seems to have become a stipulation in Mourinho's demands). It felt like Lucas stayed wider than usual once more? I think as has been discussed, his resurrected form has everything to do with giving him a clear set of instructions and tactical demands to live up to and stick with. He is not a player who should be allowed to freestyle :)

I would have to rewatch the match, but I remember both him and Son putting in strong defensive shifts supporting their respective FBs a lot more than usual (something which seems to have become a stipulation in Mourinho's demands). It felt like Lucas stayed wider than usual once more? I think as has been discussed, his resurrected form has everything to do with giving him a clear set of instructions and tactical demands to live up to and stick with. He is not a player who should be allowed to freestyle :)

He now has a clear role and looks so much better. Which is a light bulb moment for my thoughts on Jose

It’s true
As I said a few weeks back one of the coaches on the last word on spurs podcast said players like Moura and son need to be told what to do. There not intelligent players who think for themselves, they rely on a coach to guide them. That’s the BIG change in the last few weeks and it’s shown it results and performances

I agree generally, but then we would have never made the CL final! The new workhorse Moura is definitely an upgrade in terms of end product.

That's just what Mourinho expects of his wide players. We've only played 4-4-2 against the big clubs this season or when trying to see out a game. The rest of the time he's switched between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 which is what he did against Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

The report also claims that the winger is liked by everyone in the dressing room due to his kind nature. It is revealed that the pacy wide man sent food packages consisting of Brazilian-style hot dogs and a coconut dessert to all his teammates during the lockdown.
How do you make a Brazilian style hot dog, there’s nothing to shave off?!

How do you make a Brazilian style hot dog, there’s nothing to shave off?!
Ha!
Apparently there's loads of extra stuff on it.
Google tells me that'll often be some or all of the following:

• Seasoned ground beef
  • A pico de gallo-like blend of bell peppers, tomatoes and onion
  • Canned corn and peas
  • Grated Parmesan cheese
  • Shredded carrots
  • Diced ham or bacon
  • Fresh cilantro
  • Shoestring potato sticks
  • A hardboiled quail egg

Ha!
Apparently there's loads of extra stuff on it.
Google tells me that'll often be some or all of the following:

• Seasoned ground beef
  • A pico de gallo-like blend of bell peppers, tomatoes and onion
  • Canned corn and peas
  • Grated Parmesan cheese
  • Shredded carrots
  • Diced ham or bacon
  • Fresh cilantro
  • Shoestring potato sticks
  • A hardboiled quail egg
Hmm I’ve never thought a hot dog needed carrots peas or sweetcorn and definitely not a hard boiled quails egg!
Cilantro sounds like a winger signed by Chelsea and loaned out for three years before being sold to a mid table Bundesliga team.

the google search is more fun if you leave the ‘dog’ off the end...

Currently looking like a player i wouldn't mind keeping as a squad option
Currently looking like a player that is pretty much an automatic starter. Of course he has to show consistency.
His work rate has been good all along, perhaps pushed on to great now. I think what you're pointing out about knowing what to do is key. Always thought he struggled to fit into our pressing style at first. Then our pressing style became a thing the team seemed to forget how to do and we suffered greatly. Now he seems much more like a functional piece of the whole.

Back