• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I'm not too keen on excuses, particularly when you only count them in our favour. The truth is that we were a bit hit and miss at the beginning of the restart but have got better as it has gone on. There are some encouraging signs but it is a bit early to get carried away.

Exactly, we won, great, things looking good, credit due.

Let’s see what next season brings, despite there being more and more PR for this imaginary 4th place trophy Mourinho seems to be getting credited for

The three games before the NLD were horrendous. Are you really saying that you watched them and thought, yes, this is the Spurs I wanted to see?

the previous 18 months we had 24 points in about 24 games

I’ll take getting points as a spurs I want to see over that.

I don’t think anyone’s said it’s perfect at the moment, but we still don’t have a CM or a real creator among other issues and we are picking up more points than we did

I'm not too keen on excuses, particularly when you only count them in our favour. The truth is that we were a bit hit and miss at the beginning of the restart but have got better as it has gone on. There are some encouraging signs but it is a bit early to get carried away.

Id also chuck in that United deserved at least a draw against us. We played decent for long periods against Sheff United without doing enough with the ball but the defending was so brainless and gutless that we got what we deserved. Against Bournemouth, we were robbed on the pen but were so turgid that it’s hard to argue we deserved any more than a point.

Been good other than that though and you can see things taking shape. Much, much more organised. Leicester had about 15 corners today. Not once did I fear that they’d score from one. Very well organised at the back. Since Sheff Utd, we’ve conceded two I think. One is a worldie and the other is a great finish from a bad individual mistake. We’re getting there.

His football is rarely as defensive as most people think.

Most people see the televised games they're interested in, so they tend to be the big games. He's defensive in them, but to have won as much as he has, he also has to put away the smaller teams and that means breaking down a parked bus.

No issues with being cagey against the best teams. I’d like to see a bit more positivity against the Norwich’s and Bournemouth’s of this world tbh though. I’ve said before I’m not convinced his style of play works as well as it used to as teams in general are a lot more attack minded especially in the CL which used to be much more defensive minded but is now very gung ho but I’ll give him time to prove me wrong.

No issues with being cagey against the best teams. I’d like to see a bit more positivity against the Norwich’s and Bournemouth’s of this world tbh though. I’ve said before I’m not convinced his style of play works as well as it used to as teams in general are a lot more attack minded especially in the CL which used to be much more defensive minded but is now very gung ho but I’ll give him time to prove me wrong.
That doesn't make much sense.

If you think he's a defensive manager that plays on the counter, then teams being more gung ho should play right into his hands.

The thing is, as noted before. Playing free flowing possession football isn't necessary to challenge for this league (and outside Emirates Marketing Project there is nobody who has the players to do it anyway). Chelsea, Leicester and Liverpool have all been successful using variances of a style of play we're now playing ourselves.

That doesn't make much sense.

If you think he's a defensive manager that plays on the counter, then teams being more gung ho should play right into his hands.

That doesn’t mean I think we should exclusively play on the counter, especially against teams we should be dominating against. We hit teams on the break with Poch, Redknapp and other managers whilst also imposing our style of play on the other team. Atletico Madrid are a team who people would say play cautious football but they only do it against the big teams. Against the lower opposition they are more attack minded. It’s fair to say we have more scope to attack against teams like Bournemouth.

In the end i want Spurs to win, is the football as good as the Poch era? No, but if it takes us one step further i will not complain at all.

Credit where's it's also due, we seem to be absolutely lethal on the counter attack no? I mean, counter attacks are fine but it seems we have scored at least 1 goal in the last few games on the counter*

*Might help that Sissoko isn't the guy countering

That doesn’t mean I think we should exclusively play on the counter, especially against teams we should be dominating against. We hit teams on the break with Poch, Redknapp and other managers whilst also imposing our style of play on the other team. Atletico Madrid are a team who people would say play cautious football but they only do it against the big teams. Against the lower opposition they are more attack minded. It’s fair to say we have more scope to attack against teams like Bournemouth.
And that's what Mourinho's done throughout his career.

In the end i want Spurs to win, is the football as good as the Poch era? No, but if it takes us one step further i will not complain at all.

Credit where's it's also due, we seem to be absolutely lethal on the counter attack no? I mean, counter attacks are fine but it seems we have scored at least 1 goal in the last few games on the counter*

*Might help that Sissoko isn't the guy countering
Statistically, we will score from open play less than once in every 5 matches from a move in which he's touched the ball.

Scary stuff.

We didn’t play counter attacking vs Bournemouth, they did
We had all the ball (64%) and as many shots actually but we created bugger all

The Sheffield game was a turning point. We were woeful. Neither good enough defensively or attacking.

Straight after the game Mourinho outlines what we needed to do better. For me that was validation. We have an intelligent, experienced manager who has a plan. As much as I loved Pochs various traits, he missed some of the qualities Mourinho has.

Everyone here knows that without defensive prowess no side wins anything in elite football. You have to be hard to score against. For a couple of years we were working harder than the opposition to score. Conceding easy goals and relying on our attack to save face. That has changed. Yes it is defend first, but that is a recipe for success. Changing that setup and ethos is not like flicking a switch. It has taken half a season.

Mourinho still faces some inherent challenges upgrading our squad. How to develop a more stable world class midfield, from good but not exceptional players. How to upgrade or develop our fullbacks. And how to cover Kane (and lessor extent Son).

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

• Since Jose Mourinho's first game in charge of Tottenham in November 2019, Spurs have won 44 points; only Liverpool (59), Emirates Marketing Project (50) and Man Utd (46) have picked up more in this period.

Back