• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Is there nothing this guy can not do.
Not sure how large a pinch of salt to take all that with. Sounds suspiciously like a PR exercise to get as much positive press as possible for the compulsory military service.

Still, Sonny's probably a damn sight fitter than your average 19yo conscript so I'd expect him to ace the physical tests. A few years' extra life experience (and living abroad for much of it) may put him in good stead for the mental stuff too.

Been really poor Since lockdown
Brilliant today IMO
Didn’t stop working the whole game
Wonder if it’s evacuate he knew he didn’t have to do the defensive work

As you say he was a lot better then he has been over the last few games, he does seem to be a hot and cold player at times.

Strikes me Sonny boy is no longer so in awe of Harry. Maybe reckons he is now on a par, which when it comes to scoring from open play he probably is.

His statistics in terms of goals and assist are excellent. He’s equally important I think. His game is different but he produces the quality consistently.
Indeed. Kane has just two PL assists whereas Son has (edited) 10. Only Kevin De Bruyne and Trent Alexander-Arnold have more. There again you cannot judge a forward solely on goals an assists. There are no stats for hold-up play or ability to create openings with accurate 40-yard passes that bring others into the attack but those skills can be equally important.

Last edited:
Indeed. Kane has just two PL assists whereas Son has (edited) 10. Only Kevin De Bruyne and Trent Alexander-Arnold have more. There again you cannot judge a forward solely on goals an assists. There are no stats for hold-up play or ability to create openings with accurate 40-yard passes that bring others into the attack but those skills can be equally important.
I was surprised about this as never saw Son as a provider! His corners have been a welcome addition, he strikes the ball well but never seems to get a look in on free kicks though?

To think, all those years Eriksen was finding the near post defender with metronomic consistency. Who knows how many more assists Son would have had, not to mention the additional goals Kane et al might have scored!

I was surprised about this as never saw Son as a provider! His corners have been a welcome addition, he strikes the ball well but never seems to get a look in on free kicks though?
I wonder what proportion of his "assists" are from parried or blocked shots though?

Not that I care, TBH. He's earned the right to take a shot from wherever he wants.

You just didn't look hard enough.

https://statsbomb.com/2018/08/introducing-xgchain-and-xgbuildup/

Back