• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Ah come on. If you can’t see the improvement, you’re trying to not see it. This is as solid as we’ve looked as long as I’ve supported the club besides Poch’s two seasons from 2015 to 2017.

We looked solid today against a makeshift Leicester. It’s an improvement on a fortnight ago, I’ll grant.

Ah come on. If you can’t see the improvement, you’re trying to not see it. This is as solid as we’ve looked as long as I’ve supported the club besides Poch’s two seasons from 2015 to 2017.
People just don’t want to see it, vast majority of my mates included, they still think we’ve got 2018 Poch in charge, completely erased the last 12-18 months of league form/performances under him.

Let’s just see if we manage to beat Palace before getting excited about wonderful Jose’s super bus parking Spurs.

Man Utd, unlucky to draw
West Ham, comfortable win
Sheff United, fudged over by VAR to make it 1-1
Everton, solid win never not in control
Bournemouth, fudged over by VAR in the 5th minute for a pen that if we score we win easily
Then wins against Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester in a weak

We've been really decent since the restart happened

Lol obviously it's my problem. I dislike his style of football. And I'm entitled to that view.

Fair enough, mate. Looking ahead, I see a crisis point emerging pretty soon under Mourinho between fans who can't stand his football and those who prefer it / no problem with it. To tamp that down ahead of time, it's important to concede that this certainly isn't for everyone - I prefer it and have no interest in pretty losing football over rough winning football, but opinions can definitely differ.

Sad thing is, we had beautiful, *winning* football under Poch - a long time ago now, but it was perfect while it lasted.

Man Utd, unlucky to draw
Bournemouth, fudged over by VAR in the 5th minute for a pen that if we score we win easily

We were outplayed and out thought by Sheffield United

Fair enough, mate. Looking ahead, I see a crisis point emerging pretty soon under Mourinho between fans who can't stand his football and those who prefer it / no problem with it. To tamp that down ahead of time, it's important to concede that this certainly isn't for everyone - I prefer it and have no interest in pretty losing football over rough winning football, but opinions can definitely differ.

Sad thing is, we had beautiful, *winning* football under Poch - a long time ago now, but it was perfect while it lasted.

If we win consistently I imagine my issues will subside as ultimately I'm COYS. But yes I loved the Poch era and I want the style back...

It’s been very good recently TBF and long may it continue.

There is no point over or under playing it.

Anyone saying we were unlucky versus Bournemouth or Sheff are having a laugh.

He deserves recent credit, not rewritten history

Man Utd, unlucky to draw

The three games before the NLD were horrendous. Are you really saying that you watched them and thought, yes, this is the Spurs I wanted to see?

We were outplayed and out thought by Sheffield United
After we went 2-0 yes, but we scored a pretty much perfectly good goal and it was wrongly ruled out

Fine lines like at Leicester, 1 up, Aurier scores 2-0 game over, no VAR and then they equalise and we end up losing

The three games before the NLD were horrendous. Are you really saying that you watched them and thought, yes, this is the Spurs I wanted to see?
It's a process, he can't do it overnight, he is sorting out what he wants and a team pattern which has come to the fore in the last 3 games where we have score 8 goals and only let in 2
Get in 2 or 3 good players and we become a top side again next season

I love it - I love the gradual feeling of control that's creeping into the team, haltingly and unsteadily.

I love being able to watch games and have a reasonable hope that we'll be solid and difficult to break down, instead of weak in the head, open at the back and useless when things go against us.

Most of all, I love the fact that we pick and choose our attacking moments for optimum effect - the magnificent counter-attacks we're seeing now are thrilling to watch, and seeing the opposition desperately backpedal, fear in their eyes, as we swarm forward...it's good to see.

No guarantee this continues, but there's a lot to love in how we're doing under Mourinho right now. It's a healing end to a crap season.

Agree on all points.

To carry out certain types of game plans you need to be solid and resilient for the full 90 minutes, with how clinical we were on the counter that wasn't an issue today. The key for me today is that we didn't make any ballsups leading to cheap goals conceded, adding the forwards snapping for the ball up front it's a clear tactic. Sure it was an under par leicester but we gain confidence in a fully focussed game which we'll be able to carry forward. The players as a whole look more motivated but also more importantly, concentrated. Lloris looks a different man, Dier + Toby + Sanchez are all functioning near enough interchangeably, Moura increasing his impact throughout the game....There's a lot of individual improvements but the main thing is just as a collective we look much more coherent and there's a threat too.

Like you say, don't want to get carried away but if we can secure 6th place we've come away with something and I'd say hats off to Jose alongside the players for rescuing a dire situation. Whatever else happens it means we have another run at Europe after time taken for a bit of fine tuning. First things first with Palace but it's definitely going to be interesting to see how we operate in the transfer window, if it's maybe a time for connections over massive fee transfers we could see some wily moves.

I’ll nail my colours to the mast and admit I am not a fan of Jose and his football philosophy. I can’t complain about the results however. He deserves some time and money to get us competing at the top again. We were a mess when he came to the club. I’d like the style of play to be a bit more positive eventually but first things first, the results are priority number 1.
His football is rarely as defensive as most people think.

Most people see the televised games they're interested in, so they tend to be the big games. He's defensive in them, but to have won as much as he has, he also has to put away the smaller teams and that means breaking down a parked bus.

His football is rarely as defensive as most people think.

Most people see the televised games they're interested in, so they tend to be the big games. He's defensive in them, but to have won as much as he has, he also has to put away the smaller teams and that means breaking down a parked bus.
Yup, we’ve scored 4th most goals in league since Mourinho took charge despite our 2 star attackers being unavailable for almost a quarter of the season.

After we went 2-0 yes, but we scored a pretty much perfectly good goal and it was wrongly ruled out

Fine lines like at Leicester, 1 up, Aurier scores 2-0 game over, no VAR and then they equalise and we end up losing

I'm not too keen on excuses, particularly when you only count them in our favour. The truth is that we were a bit hit and miss at the beginning of the restart but have got better as it has gone on. There are some encouraging signs but it is a bit early to get carried away.

Back