• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

RR-FOOTBALL-TABLE-JOSE-V1.jpg

He is doing such a bad job. ;)

To be fair that only works out at 65 points across a whole season, which isn’t great - and only gets us 4th here because Chelsea and Arsenal have been doing even worse in this period.

But obviously he’s come into a difficult situation, so I’ll certainly give him the benefit of the doubt that we can be better under him next season!

To be fair that only works out at 65 points across a whole season, which isn’t great - and only gets us 4th here because Chelsea and Arsenal have been doing even worse in this period.

But obviously he’s come into a difficult situation, so I’ll certainly give him the benefit of the doubt that we can be better under him next season!
Only gets us 4th because Chelsea and Arsenal are doing worse? Well isn’t that the idea, make sure we are doing better than your rivals?:D The facts are when he took over we looked all over the place, he had a ridiculous injury period and only the big two have won more games since he took over. Mourinho is doing fine, and would happily bet his PPG record will be quite a bit better next season too.....

Only gets us 4th because Chelsea and Arsenal are doing worse? Well isn’t that the idea, make sure we are doing better than your rivals?:D The facts are when he took over we looked all over the place, he had a ridiculous injury period and only the big two have won more games since he took over. Mourinho is doing fine, and would happily bet his PPG record will be quite a bit better next season too.....

I just don’t think it’s sensible to judge a team’s performance based on things that are outside of their control (e.g. other team’s bricker performances).

Still, I agree that given the circumstances he’s doing a decent enough job for now, and hopefully his record will improve in better circumstances next year.

I just don’t think it’s sensible to judge a team’s performance based on things that are outside of their control (e.g. other team’s bricker performances).

Still, I agree that given the circumstances he’s doing a decent enough job for now, and hopefully his record will improve in better circumstances next year.
I agree. I also think we should be mindful of what we compare to in terms of our previous performances. Takes zero analysis to know that we've been far from peak Pochettino.

First 12 league games this season we picked up 14 points. Stretch it back to the middle of February 2019 we picked up 25 points from 24 games. That's 1.2 and 1.0 points per game respectively.

41 points in 24 games since Mourinho took over is 1.7 points per game. Not where we want to be, but a marked improvement in difficult circumstances. Something to build on for next season for sure.

I wouldn’t judge the performances of us based on other teams performances but I would judge the table. There’s a reason why other big clubs aren’t winning game after game, the league as a whole is more competitive now. Except for Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project anyone can beat anyone, even against teams that you would expect to beat you have to be realistic and acknowledge it likely won’t be easy. For our squad, it is imbalanced and some players aren’t as good as people on here like to believe so if we are doing better than Chelsea and Arsenal then I would say that’s a good starting point for our manager....

I wouldn’t judge the performances of us based on other teams performances but I would judge the table. There’s a reason why other big clubs aren’t winning game after game, the league as a whole is more competitive now. Except for Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project anyone can beat anyone, even against teams that you would expect to beat you have to be realistic and acknowledge it likely won’t be easy. For our squad, it is imbalanced and some players aren’t as good as people on here like to believe so if we are doing better than Chelsea and Arsenal then I would say that’s a good starting point for our manager....

Yeah it’s a fair point that the lower points totals might be because the league is more competitive this season. Even City have lost 9 games this season, and might only just hit 80 points (at best).

We shall see next season!

You are right it is not that great, but neither is it as bad as some of our fans have been trying to make out. As you say he should be given the benefit of the doubt into the next season.

Our form and results seem to be improving under Mourinho. But he needs to make better use of the 5 subs. Not sure why he always wait so late in the game to make changes.

Our form and results seem to be improving under Mourinho. But he needs to make better use of the 5 subs. Not sure why he always wait so late in the game to make changes.
You mean like in our last match where he bought on Berjwign and Lamela on the hour mark, both who got assists:D.....

I’ll nail my colours to the mast and admit I am not a fan of Jose and his football philosophy. I can’t complain about the results however. He deserves some time and money to get us competing at the top again. We were a mess when he came to the club. I’d like the style of play to be a bit more positive eventually but first things first, the results are priority number 1.

If the last few games are anything to go by he has settled on what will be the core of the team going forward.
Hopefully, a couple of key signings in midfield and fullback and we will be in decent shape going into the start of next season.

I’ll nail my colours to the mast and admit I am not a fan of Jose and his football philosophy. I can’t complain about the results however. He deserves some time and money to get us competing at the top again. We were a mess when he came to the club. I’d like the style of play to be a bit more positive eventually but first things first, the results are priority number 1.

I love it - I love the gradual feeling of control that's creeping into the team, haltingly and unsteadily.

I love being able to watch games and have a reasonable hope that we'll be solid and difficult to break down, instead of weak in the head, open at the back and useless when things go against us.

Most of all, I love the fact that we pick and choose our attacking moments for optimum effect - the magnificent counter-attacks we're seeing now are thrilling to watch, and seeing the opposition desperately backpedal, fear in their eyes, as we swarm forward...it's good to see.

No guarantee this continues, but there's a lot to love in how we're doing under Mourinho right now. It's a healing end to a crap season.

Back