• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spare a thought for Mousa Dembele

If Dembele was anywhere near the player our fans think he was, we'd have had more to celebrate during his time here.
Don't get me wrong, a decent player but how many games did he really dominate

If Dembele was anywhere near the player our fans think he was, we'd have had more to celebrate during his time here.

Our downturn coincided with Dembele’s injury and departure

"A decent player"???????????????????? :rolleyes:

Mousa Dembele is one of the best players I've ever seen at WHL (and that's a sizeable period of our history). Anybody that can accept a pass, surrounded by four opposition players, knock them of with his physicality and still emerge with the ball velcroed to his boot, is a legend in my mind. Mousa did this on a weekly basis. How we could do with him now!:(

I reckon Dembele was pretty ordinary in his first few seasons with us. He held on to the ball too long and dribbled into too many dead ends. Eventually Poch or someone got through to him and he flowered, but then he got injured. He had two top seasons and that was it.

He dominated pretty much every game he played.

Sorry mate but that’s absolute revisionism. I’m really not trying to knock him but with his physical (and technical tbf) attributes, he could have been a superstar for us - he wasn’t.
And this idea that gets perpetuated that he would’ve made a difference in the CL final is folly also - he was shot.

Sorry mate but that’s absolute revisionism. I’m really not trying to knock him but with his physical (and technical tbf) attributes, he could have been a superstar for us - he wasn’t.
And this idea that gets perpetuated that he would’ve made a difference in the CL final is folly also - he was shot.
What exactly is it you think he failed to do?

I guess put simply he was great at getting through the lines but his end product wasn’t good enough.

Said the same thing myself on occasions. He had all the skills but (imo) he flattered to deceive on occasions. With his strength and skills he could/should have been World Class but again imo he never achieved that.

I guess put simply he was great at getting through the lines but his end product wasn’t good enough.
His end product is a 90+% pass accuracy in most games. His xGBuildup was 0.71 in 16/17 - he was a huge influence in us going forward and creating chances.

I enjoyed watching him more than any other player I've seen at Spurs. The Juve game where he had the ball for 10 minutes was a joy.

Yeah he probably could and should have scored/assisted more but he was so important for us and so unlike any other player in the league.

Back